Alpari Review

Updated: Nov 30, 2020 · Alpari.com (.org)  · Is this your company?

Alpari is a forex broker. Alpari offers the MT4, MT5 and Binary Trader trading currency platforms. Alpari.com offers over 45 currency pairs, cryptocurrencies, binary option, stocks index, commodities and cfds for your personal investment and trading options.

Alpari
Other websites of this company include Alpari.co.uk , Alpari.com, Alpari-Global.org, Alpari-Global.com/zh-hans.

Established: 1998
Address: Cedar Hill Crest, Villa, Kingstown, VC0100, Saint Vincent And Grenadines
Contact: info@alpari.com, +44 8449 869559
Regulators: FSC Mauritius #C113012295, FC #
CFD: (10+) Gold, Silver, Stock Indexes, Oil
Deposit Methods: Bank Wire, VISA, MasterCard, BitPay, FasaPay, Neteller, Skrill, UnionPay, WebMoney
Withdrawal Methods: Bank Wire, MasterCard, FasaPay, Neteller, Skrill, UnionPay, WebMoney

Join live discussion of Alpari.com (.org) on our forum

lagos, Nigeria,
Dec 13, 2017,

Hi Everyone,
Alpari is the only broker I know of that has systematically blocked her clients from trading BTC, effective since 7th Dec, 2017. Not only that, for those who already had open trades, they also increased their spread from the usual $100 to $800 on all open positions. Their trumped-up excuse is that they are looking for a better Liquidity Provider to serve their clients better!! And they are yet to find one till this very moment!!!

To make matters worse, up till this moment, Alpari never sent any mail whatsoever to her clients regarding this development(at least, I did not receive any mail from them), I was only informed via a live chat when I first noticed the abnormal spread while trying to initiate a new trade, which of course did not go through. Though I am doing business with them due to their office presence in my country, it is sad to feel that Alpari does not really take the interests of her clients seriously.

I have not checked FPA broker reviews page for a long time, but right now, I cannot help noticing that Alpari's rating at FPA has dropped drastically from the last time I visited, with a whole lots of new complaints and dissatisfaction from clients. What does that mean to you, Alpari? I just hope that Alpari understands that in order to have new businesses and break new frontiers, it is expedient to keep the old customers happy and satisfied, and not treat them as if they had no choice. WE ARE WATCHING!!!

Oct 17, 2016 - 2 Stars I am very disappointed with this broker, and the slow response to resolve issues is very worrisome. I am trading an ECN account with the company, but on one of my BUY order on USDJPY, I made about $9 profit, but when I closed the trade, $18 was deducted from my account, instead of the $9 profit.

I filed a complaint to Alpari on this execution error on my account, but Alpari has not responded to me after more than a week. I really cant believe that a broker can be so slow to resolve customers' complaints. Very disappointed.

See details of the transaction below:
MT4 acct number:1464724; date and time that i placed the trade = 2016.09.08 21:14:09; date and time when i closed the trade = 2016.09.14 08:02:00. Type of order = Buy; Size = 0.02; currency = usdjpy. profit was suppose to be +9USD and it changed to -18.57 when I closed the order. price when i bought it= 102.531; price when i closed it = 103.030; fake price that alapri jumped to =101.5.

Though very new to alpari, I am very worried about this kinds of situation. Still anxiously waiting for how Alpari will resolve this issue, then I will update here back.

Reply by Alpari submitted Nov 22, 2016 Hello, please specify your complaint ID. Also keep in mind, that The Compliance Department considers individual complaints as soon as reasonably practicable, but in any case, within 5 (five) business days of having been recieved . If your issues has been resolved already - please give us an update on this review.

Reply by Alpari submitted Dec 15, 2017:
Hello, Onesi John! Thank you for your feedback.
Please be informed that since the 7th of December, 2017, Alpari has limited CFD trading on the BTC/USD pair to Close Only mode.
This decision was taken due to the fact that our liquidity providers have recently introduced their own restrictions. Alpari is currently working to expand its base of liquidity providers in order to restore full trading functionality.
You also mentioned that you had filed the complaint. Please, specify your complaint ID
LEX ,
CENTRAL GERMANY,
Jul 13, 2011,

GIVING ME ON ZULU CONNECTION (1pip markup) 4.2 pip on advertised ~2.2 micro account on eur/usd + an instant "frequent" requote shows me ..

FORGET ALPARI NEVER COME BACK

Algeria,
Jan 24, 2017,

Empathy? Customer Support Quality?

Alpari has an amazing platform and user/client dashboard and i'm not gonna deny it.
But the one thing that's going to make this company go down is the absence of good customer support, the payment department especially to be more precise.

I've called the Alpari payment department more 5 times and spoke with 5 different agents and not a single one of them showed professionalism nor empathy and were not helpful at all so i had to send my PAMM clients to another broker.

Anyway, having worked as a Customer Support Rep for more than 5 years, trust me i know what i'm talking about and the customer department @Alpari needs to improve, a lot...

Reply by Alpari submitted Jan 29, 2017:
We are sorry for having given you such bad experience of communication with our support service team. We would be very grateful if you told us when you had contacted us. It will help us to improve our client support service.
M.,
Northern Germany, Germany,
Aug 16, 2017,

Withdrawal Issues! Be very careful with them!

Withdrawal Issues. I try to get out my deposit, because i have found better trading platform. Now they want new documents, which verify my Neteller wallet. They rejected a valid document. They have rejected a lot of documents before, which where valid, to make changes about my e-mail adress. This broker has strategy of tricking and blocking me as a trader.
WARNING. Please be very careful, to invest with them now. Their PAMM program could deceive you, but with such tricky ways, i have lost trust in them.
Trader from Germany.

Reply by Alpari submitted Aug 18, 2017:
Hello! Please, tell us your MyAlpari number. Have you ever contacted our support team regarding this case?
New Zealand,
Apr 24, 2017,

Ridiculous support, stay away.

The customer service is beneath contempt.
Sometimes an answer is provided via email 2 days later. Sometimes after several requests for an answer.
The life chat is ridiculous.
Very hard to make them understand what the question is, and IF (!!!) they finally get it, they can not answer.
Broker is definitely NOT recommended.

Reply by Alpari submitted Apr 26, 2017:
We are sorry for having given you such bad experience of communication with our support service team. We would be very grateful if you told us when you had contacted us and your account number. It will help us to improve our client support service.
Santiago, Chile,
Apr 17, 2017,

Not recommended

I really didn't like this broker. The customer services is too bad, slow and not personalized, they treat you like an idiot if you ask questions to be sure about some situations or if your english is not enough fluent. It took me 2 weeks to withdrawal, I don't put 1 star because I got my money. The ECN spread is not tight enough. And is the slowest website for a broker I've ever met.

Reply by Alpari submitted Apr 20, 2017:
greggy,
bandung, Indonesia,
Oct 23, 2013,

i have withdraw problem with this broker, almost one month not receive money in my bank amount 912 USD, now i can't login to member are too
be carefull to join this broker

Jimmy,
Sweden,
Dec 10, 2010,

Good: Easy setup and I've had no problem with cash withdrawal.
Bad: Look somewhere else if you're a scalper. They add delay to order in relation to how many you make. I quickly got a 4 sec delay added to all my orders (entry/exit). Easy to spot by measuring time to place order and compare to another account (same type) on same broker/server. After a day of trading it was very obvious that they've added exactly 4 seconds to each order. During this delay they just pick the best quote for them and the worst for you. This way they can provide low spreads that in practice is widened quite a lot due to delay. Furthermore, if the slippage isn't good for them, they reject the order by returning a requote... Also, I often get requote after a 3 min delay!

So, they're probably good for swingtraders but be aware of possibly added delay that gets you very bad slippage.

Amaury,
, Brazil,
Apr 19, 2016,

Alpari is a good broker. The only complain is they disabled Neteller deposits in USD currency. They want to gain from currency conversion also, not only from deposit rates.

Reply by Alpari submitted Nov 24, 2016:
Hello, Neteller deposits were temporarily disabled due to technical reasons. Now this deposit option is available again: http://alpari.com/en/trading/deposit_withdrawal/
Berlin, Germany,
Dec 5, 2019,

Updating my earlier review

I'm gonna update my earlier review, I will confirm that my bitcoin deposit funded to my account, however, the communication and customer service response could be better, Live chat support was not helpful at all and emails replied late, especially for cases like me that after I send my bitcoin I didn't get any kind of email/receipt neither any kind of PENDING order in dashboard, it was like I send my bitcoin to their wallet and 24 hours silence from their support, no receipt email or pending order created.

Dec 2, 2019 - 2 Stars Possible scam, I will update this post if I get an acceptable response from this broker, so this is what happens:

I just had my first bitcoin deposit with this #forex #broker #alpari and the experience was awful, after sending the #bitcoin there is no track of your transaction in their dashboard, I contact their customer service, useless, they keep saying we delivered your request to relative department, it feels like the agent is a robot/bot. my bitcoin transaction has already 13 confirmations on blockchain network, that means the fund received in their wallet and it's available, here is my transaction info :

But when you go to Alpari deposit section, it says: You didn't make any transfers yet.

I hope I get my money asap, I keep this as 2 stars, for now, if they process my deposit shortly, will change the rating, and if I don't get my money in a few days, I will report this as a SCAM.

Reply by Alpari submitted Dec 4, 2019 Hello Emilvr! Please send us your myAlpari account number to our e-mail forum@alpari.com. We will check the information and provide you with the public answer.

FPA Review Moderation Team Note: Hello Alpari Representative. If you look at this review while logged in, you should be able to view this client's account number. It begins with 8 and ends with 6.

visitor,
, Turkey,
Jul 16, 2014,

if you are a long term trader, it fits you. if you are a scalper, looking for 5-10 pip targets, stay away. their "ecn" is heayly filtered, and demo/real spreads became different. they play with spreads time to time. this is possibly when they decide to win more from customer funds. withdrawals is working.

Reply by Alpari submitted Nov 24, 2016:
Hello, thank you for your feedback. A lot has changed since 2014 - spreads on our ECN accounts are much more narrow.
Vadim B,
Nadym, Russian Federation,
Dec 11, 2012,

Very good and honest Brokerage!I have been working with them already 3 years!Real conditions,fast support,no-problems with deposit-withdrawal.Besides very wide PAMM service.The only one thing-not very narrow spreads at majors.But at all its very good!

Gino,
Romania,
Apr 6, 2007,

Unlike to people who thinks all russian is scam i notice that they've been around since 1998. it must be some good crooks sitting there to fool people for quite a while huh? So, they are good, i've been for a year with them - no problems with a mini account. i wonder if i trade in sizes?

Aleksey,
Moscow,
Dec 10, 2007,

I trade with Alpari-IDC since 2005
After 2 years of trading I can remember only

One time stop order slipperage - 30 pips (news)

and once time there was not market quote and I was stopped out - the back office returned my positions within several hours...

Hope these guys remain their good attitude to business

Ukraine,
Oct 2, 2017,

Alpari was pay me money.
I have no claims to the company. Thank you for help with this situation

Sep 8, 2017 - 1 Star Hello. 6.09.2017 Alpari took off from my balance 4233 USD.
I draw clame for theme, for financial comission and for russian forex-forum MMGP - http://mmgp.ru/showthread.php?t=535273 here.
Account number (Personal Cabinet) 11682157
Mt5 ECN account 15014033
Please, help

Reply by Alpari submitted Sep 13, 2017 Good afternoon!

Please, fill a claim for The Financial Comission and wait for their response.

MacroDat,
Romania,
Aug 29, 2007,

I have a real account with this broker since 2005. I cant say they are perfect, but they are definitely working on improving themselves. Taking in consideration that trading the news was not my base strategy while trading with them, i cant make a larger review about this aspect, but i remember a few flaws in serving my orders when important news wore coming out. But i guess this is not valid only for them.

William,
Henderson, Australia,
Dec 6, 2016,

Excellent in everything but leverage reduction.

I have used Alpari Rus since Alpari UK closed. I have found their service very good. I trade the news and find the spreads do widen, but not as bad as the old IBFX Mt4. Also IBFX MT4 used to freeze during news events, Alpari never has. The only criticism is that in times like the britexit, they reduced their leverage, even on already open positions, whereas other brokers do that only on new trades during the reduction timeframe.

Reply by Alpari submitted Dec 8, 2016:
Thank you for your feedback!
Most of our clients are thankful for this measure. In times like the BREXIT there is a high risk due to the low liquidity and high volatility, which are causes of gaps in the qoutes flow , which in turn may lead to slippages.
Riga, Latvia,
Feb 20, 2017,

Positive

Good services, but their withdraw politics is quite slow and inefficient for trader. Good, but not best.

Brisbane, Australia,
Nov 7, 2020,

Initial withdrawal took 3 weeks

But I am hoping now that the issue with configuration of my account is fixed I am hoping in future the withdrawal will happen without any issues

Nov 5, 2020 - 4 Stars First withdrawal took time, but once the first withdrawal is successful subsequent withdrawal happened without any issues.

Oct 20, 2020 - 1 Star Hi,
As other reviews are saying its the same old story. Easy deposit but no way to withdraw. They will keep saying they are working on it, it has been declined by the payment gateway and they are investigating. It is obvious they are not doing anything, basically you can only deposit into this broker but can never withdraw which pretty much makes it a total scam broker.

Reply by Alpari submitted Oct 23, 2020 Hello! We do not have any issues with withdrawals in our Company. We kindly ask you to send us your MyFXTM number and the request number to public@alpari.org. We will be glad to investigate this case and provide you with a detailed response.

andi jaya,
indonesia,
Mar 3, 2011,

i have trade at alpari about 5 month... and its okay and no problem... the price quote is stable... and many server to login... :D

M-,
Jan 25, 2009,

I've been trading with Alpari IDC for the last 35 months. Over that time, my account is up some 400%. I am using an Expert Advisor, making one average two-three trades per week.

Alpari has worked well, though I'm not totally satisfied.

As others have mentioned, their execution time is worryingly slow. However, when I backtest my Expert Advisor, it shows to have the correct number of trades, with almost-exactly the same entry points. My EA has a slippage allowance of 3 pips when entering trades. On Stop Loss, my EA has a 3 pip slippage, however every time I've checked, it was spot-on, taking the correct SL.

When I've taken money out of Alpari, the money's arrived in my account at my credit union within 24 hours of requesting the withdrawal from Alpari.

Alexey,
Moscow, Russian Federation,
Feb 13, 2015,

I have been trading Alpari ru for several months, and both invested in the PAMM accounts and run my own managed account. So far the trading is normal. I don't use scalper techniques nor do I rely upon fast execution or super low spread. My robots work on a VPS with quite a ping, but I feel OK with everything. I got all my money back (1K EUR) once when I decided to quit. It was normal (1-2 days via a bank card transfer). Overall I am giving a solid 4 to Alpari ru. We will see what happens next.

Reply by Alpari submitted Nov 24, 2016:
Hello, thank you for your feedback.
Andrey Ivanov,
Moscow,
Aug 24, 2007,

Good broker, did not have any problems. Used it for 1 year and had a slipage of stop order only once. I think it is quite good for news trading if you dont use market orders. Often freezes at the moment of news release. Competitive spreads.

Loja, Ecuador,
Oct 11, 2018,

Good broker

I've been working with them a month and the attention to the customer are pretty good, also to withdraw money are fast. It's a good broker.

vasile,
bihor, Romania,
Jun 11, 2016,

i have good experience with alapari. I did not withdraw money yet, but all my questions and problems found answer immediately. I have invested in Pamm account and MT4 on my self.

Reply by Alpari submitted Nov 23, 2016:
Thank you for your feedback, we really appreciate it.