HotForex.com Review Visit site

Updated: Jun 2, 2020
Part of HF Markets. Other websites include HFEU.com

About HotForex.com

HotForex is a forex broker. Hot Forex offers the MT4 and MT5 trading currency platforms. HotForex.com offers over 45 currency pairs, cryptocurrencies including bitcoin, indices, shares, bonds, gold, silver, energies, commodities and cfds for your personal investment and trading options.

HotForex.com

Minimum Trade Size:0.01
Maximum Leverage:1000:1
Minimum to Open Live:$5
Established:2010
Address:Suite 305, Griffith Corporate Centre, P.O. Box 1510, Beachmont Kingstown, Saint Vincent And Grenadines
Contact:support@hotforex.com, +44-2033185978
Regulators: CySEC #183/12, FSC Mauritius #C110008214 , SVGFSA #22747 IBC 2015, FSA-S #SD015, FSCA #46632, DFSA # F004885
Trading platforms:MT4, MT5
Currencies:(45+)
Cryptocurrencies:(5+) Bitcoin, Litecoin, Ethereum
CFD:(5+) Gold, Silver, Stocks, Stock Indexes, Bonds, Oil, Other Commodities
Deposit Methods:Bank Wire, VISA, MasterCard, BitPay, FasaPay, Maestro, Neteller, Skrill, UnionPay, WebMoney
Withdrawal Methods:Bank Wire, VISA, MasterCard, BitPay, FasaPay, Maestro, Neteller, Skrill, UnionPay, WebMoney

Join live discussion of HotForex.com on our forum

EC,
Hong Kong,
Oct 16, 2011,

Good broker, No-requotes, fast withdrawal. Fast email response

Spread is so-so, system response is a little slow. I hope they can improve on that.

Keep up the good work!

Puppy Lady,
Shanghai,China,
Oct 14, 2011,

I am trading with Hot Forex for a few months now. I am real happy with their service so far. Spread is really good and customer support is over the top. There were a few issues, but their support helped me very quickly each time. I love the brokerage.

Tim Needham,
USA NC,
Oct 13, 2011,

I'm really impressed with this broker. Fast deposit posted in seconds and the trades are executed very promptly with very low spreads and I love the 500:1 Leverage. And they only charge one leg of a hedge to your margin. And with a 50% bonus option the margin requirements are very low (I know that means you are risking more but it also means you have to mess up more to lose it.) With the bonus the margin requirement for your initial deposit is effectivly 0%

Peter,
Oct 7, 2011,

This is an updated of the review I posted 2011-10-06

Elan from HotForex actually called me personally to discuss the issue. I was not able to pick up, so he e-mailed me to say the issue has been resolved. They fully reimbursed me, and recommend wire transfer to avoid exchange rate fees in the future. Just curious if anyone in the US has an account with HotForex, do you suffer from these fees when depositing by VISA?

I will continue doing business with HotForex.

2011-10-06 No Rating I am going to withhold my rating pending the decision regarding a complaint I filed.

I've been with HotForex for two weeks now, after spending a couple of months researching different Forex brokers. They do offer tight spreads and seem to be a legitimate ECN broker.

My concern now is I've made a deposit using my credit card, and they added on a whooping service charge (from my $750 deposit, they charged my credit card $815!) Firstly, they state there is no service charge on their end for credit card deposits. I contacted Brain at their live support, and he said this is the charge from the bank. I've never heard of a credit card company charging me for using my credit card, its doesn't make any sense. It doesn't even make sense in terms of exchanging CAD to USD. This seems very close to a scam to me, but I will withhold further judgment until they get back to me...

DAVID,
THAILAND,
Oct 6, 2011,

HELLO EVERYONE, I JUST WANT TO TELL YOU ALL THAT, HOT FOREX IS A REAL SCAM, & I TELL YOU WHY ... THEY WILL SHUT DOWN THEIR PLATFORM , SERVERS , WEBSITE & TELEPHONE WHEN THERE IS A BIG TRADE , THEY DO IT ALMOST EVERY WEEK, I HAD AN ACCOUNT WITH THEM & I LOST OVER 2000 $ BECAUSE OF THIS... FIRST TIME WAS ON FRIDAY BUT I COULD NOT REMEMBER THE DATE, IT WAS A FAST MOVING TRADE OF LONDON MARKET & I OPENED A TRADE AND THEY SHUT DOWN EVERYTHING , PLATFORM, SERVERS, WEBSITE ,EVEN THEIR PHONE , EVERYTHING WAS DOWN UNTIL SATURDAY AFTERNOON FOR ALMOST 1 DAY.... THAT TIME I HAVE LOST ABOUT 400 $ , BUT I GAVE THEM ANOTHER SHOT , BUT THEY DID IT AGAIN AND AGAIN AND I LOST ALL MY MONEY.... THEY DO IT EVERY WEEK PEOPLE ..... YOU WILL LOOSE ALL YOUR MONEY IF YOU TRADE WITH HOT FOREX .........

Denika,
Indonesia,
Oct 6, 2011,

They Don't Care About Clients' Privacy Details. I’m none of Hotforex employee but on 30/09/2011 John Watson asked me to contact one of their client in Indonesia becuse they wondering if credit card used by that client to made deposit was a stolen CC. To contact the client of course he gave me that client’s detail. Regarding to privacy concern, is that what good broker does?

They Reimbursed Some of Clients' Fund Just To Keep Their Rating On Some Forum HIGH. We read on some forums that in some cases like their MT4 server down they reimbursed clients’ fund. Did they reimburse all of clients or just them whom made a bad reviews/complaints in wellknown forums?

If they really STP/ECN such order must already went through interbank/liquidity, how come they reimbursed such losing trade?

Milan,
CZE,
Oct 6, 2011,

Please do not consider this review negative, you only deserve to know all about this broker's dark side, to avoid surprise. I am still trading with them, so it means they are still over average.

Pros:
- Micro accounts without limits.
- Good leverage.
- Easy registration, easy funding
- I never had problem with contacting support (sometimes you must repeat you problem to be solved, of course)
- They usually call you if you have an open order and some issue happens.
- They refund trades that appear to be influenced by a broker issue.
- I did 3 withdrawals, all of them proceeded within a single day.

Cons:
There are technical issues, not personal.
- You never learn the European trading hours in advance. It changes day after day for the European indices.
- Occasionally, the data stream drops down for 1-3 minutes, then it comes back and redraws a few M1 candles that were already charted before the data drop. Differently, of course. Positive is, they refund you a loss suffered from the data drop if any.
- I spotted some false 10-pip data jumps, that were not at any other broker's chart. Luckily they were not placed into the extremes and it did not happen in the last 3 months.
- The average execution time is about 1.0 sec for indices, 2.5 sec for forex. Definitely not instant. I have stable 25ms ping to their server and I am logging times and slippages.
- There is lack of slippage control. I am often receiving up to 7 pip slippage but the parameter limiting the slippage is not functional. However, the slippage does not seem to appear unbalanced.
- Even if they do not care about the slippage, you may be still disabled to enter the trade with the "off quotes" message. It applies not only to placing the market orders, but also to placing stop orders or changing the SL and TP, which is weird. So forget about placing or moving the stop order several seconds before the news.
- They freeze all pending orders in range of 15 pips 1 minute prior the news. No idea why.

Jahangir Alam,
Dhaka,
Oct 5, 2011,

I've been trading on hotforex mt4 for last couple of weeks. I must admit its a very honest broker with low spreads, good bonus and very helpful customer support. just withdrew my profit via liberty reserve which was quite fast.

Milen,
Bulgaria,
Sep 30, 2011,

I am a client of HotForex for almost a month. There was a problem with their platform few days ago and I wasn't able to close 4 of my trades which costed me a loss. On the next day I contacted their support regarding the issue and for my surprise I was reimbursed for the losses. That is the first time a forex broker reimbursing me. I am very pleased with their customer support and I want to give them five stars for being honest and not hiding thier heads in the ground when there is a problem.

Alastair Squair,
White Rock--Canada,
Sep 28, 2011,

HotForex has been verry, very helpful in getting me started and used to the trading platform. I am looking forward to continuing my experiences with them.