HotForex Review

Also hfeu.com

Also hfmarkets.co.uk

Updated: Jan 15, 2021 · HotForex.com  · Is this your company?

HotForex is a forex broker. Hot Forex offers the MT4 and MT5 trading currency platforms. HotForex.com offers over 45 currency pairs, cryptocurrencies including bitcoin, indices, shares, bonds, gold, silver, energies, commodities and cfds for your personal investment and trading options.

HotForex
Part of HF Markets. Other websites include HFEU.com

Established: 2010
Contact: support@hotforex.com, +44-2033185978
Regulators: CySEC #183/12, FSC Mauritius #C110008214 , SVGFSA #22747 IBC 2015, FSA-S #SD015, FSCA #46632, DFSA # F004885
CFD: (5+) Gold, Silver, Stocks, Stock Indexes, Bonds, Oil, Other Commodities
Deposit Methods: Bank Wire, VISA, MasterCard, BitPay, FasaPay, Maestro, Neteller, Skrill, UnionPay, WebMoney
Withdrawal Methods: Bank Wire, VISA, MasterCard, BitPay, FasaPay, Maestro, Neteller, Skrill, UnionPay, WebMoney

Join live discussion of HotForex.com on our forum

DAVID,
THAILAND,
Oct 6, 2011,

HELLO EVERYONE, I JUST WANT TO TELL YOU ALL THAT, HOT FOREX IS A REAL SCAM, & I TELL YOU WHY ... THEY WILL SHUT DOWN THEIR PLATFORM , SERVERS , WEBSITE & TELEPHONE WHEN THERE IS A BIG TRADE , THEY DO IT ALMOST EVERY WEEK, I HAD AN ACCOUNT WITH THEM & I LOST OVER 2000 $ BECAUSE OF THIS... FIRST TIME WAS ON FRIDAY BUT I COULD NOT REMEMBER THE DATE, IT WAS A FAST MOVING TRADE OF LONDON MARKET & I OPENED A TRADE AND THEY SHUT DOWN EVERYTHING , PLATFORM, SERVERS, WEBSITE ,EVEN THEIR PHONE , EVERYTHING WAS DOWN UNTIL SATURDAY AFTERNOON FOR ALMOST 1 DAY.... THAT TIME I HAVE LOST ABOUT 400 $ , BUT I GAVE THEM ANOTHER SHOT , BUT THEY DID IT AGAIN AND AGAIN AND I LOST ALL MY MONEY.... THEY DO IT EVERY WEEK PEOPLE ..... YOU WILL LOOSE ALL YOUR MONEY IF YOU TRADE WITH HOT FOREX .........

Denika,
Indonesia,
Oct 6, 2011,

They Don't Care About Clients' Privacy Details. I’m none of Hotforex employee but on 30/09/2011 John Watson asked me to contact one of their client in Indonesia becuse they wondering if credit card used by that client to made deposit was a stolen CC. To contact the client of course he gave me that client’s detail. Regarding to privacy concern, is that what good broker does?

They Reimbursed Some of Clients' Fund Just To Keep Their Rating On Some Forum HIGH. We read on some forums that in some cases like their MT4 server down they reimbursed clients’ fund. Did they reimburse all of clients or just them whom made a bad reviews/complaints in wellknown forums?

If they really STP/ECN such order must already went through interbank/liquidity, how come they reimbursed such losing trade?

Milan,
CZE,
Oct 6, 2011,

Please do not consider this review negative, you only deserve to know all about this broker's dark side, to avoid surprise. I am still trading with them, so it means they are still over average.

Pros:
- Micro accounts without limits.
- Good leverage.
- Easy registration, easy funding
- I never had problem with contacting support (sometimes you must repeat you problem to be solved, of course)
- They usually call you if you have an open order and some issue happens.
- They refund trades that appear to be influenced by a broker issue.
- I did 3 withdrawals, all of them proceeded within a single day.

Cons:
There are technical issues, not personal.
- You never learn the European trading hours in advance. It changes day after day for the European indices.
- Occasionally, the data stream drops down for 1-3 minutes, then it comes back and redraws a few M1 candles that were already charted before the data drop. Differently, of course. Positive is, they refund you a loss suffered from the data drop if any.
- I spotted some false 10-pip data jumps, that were not at any other broker's chart. Luckily they were not placed into the extremes and it did not happen in the last 3 months.
- The average execution time is about 1.0 sec for indices, 2.5 sec for forex. Definitely not instant. I have stable 25ms ping to their server and I am logging times and slippages.
- There is lack of slippage control. I am often receiving up to 7 pip slippage but the parameter limiting the slippage is not functional. However, the slippage does not seem to appear unbalanced.
- Even if they do not care about the slippage, you may be still disabled to enter the trade with the "off quotes" message. It applies not only to placing the market orders, but also to placing stop orders or changing the SL and TP, which is weird. So forget about placing or moving the stop order several seconds before the news.
- They freeze all pending orders in range of 15 pips 1 minute prior the news. No idea why.

Jahangir Alam,
Dhaka,
Oct 5, 2011,

I've been trading on hotforex mt4 for last couple of weeks. I must admit its a very honest broker with low spreads, good bonus and very helpful customer support. just withdrew my profit via liberty reserve which was quite fast.

Milen,
Bulgaria,
Sep 30, 2011,

I am a client of HotForex for almost a month. There was a problem with their platform few days ago and I wasn't able to close 4 of my trades which costed me a loss. On the next day I contacted their support regarding the issue and for my surprise I was reimbursed for the losses. That is the first time a forex broker reimbursing me. I am very pleased with their customer support and I want to give them five stars for being honest and not hiding thier heads in the ground when there is a problem.

Alastair Squair,
White Rock--Canada,
Sep 28, 2011,

HotForex has been verry, very helpful in getting me started and used to the trading platform. I am looking forward to continuing my experiences with them.

Barry,
US,
Sep 27, 2011,

Trading platform is completely down, and website is down also. Trade execution is terrible, with slippage on fills. Right now, I'm not feeling very comfortable trading with this brokerage house.

2011-09-27 1Star I have had my account with Hot Forex about 3 weeks. Today, September 27, 2011 at about 22:00 GMT their servers went down for at least an hour. No website, no trade server. In the 3 weeks I have been trading with them, this isn't the only time the trade server has gone out. I am wondering what their problem is, as down time to a trader is a recipe for huge losses.

I find that their customer service chat is a complete joke. Only the simplest of questions will get an answer, and their response time is very slow..Getting some kind of answer to a question is very hard, as they don't really want to answer anything.

Although their spreads are reasonably tight, slippage in volatile markets is a nightmare. I have been filled in the Euro as far away as 3 pips from when I hit the execute button. So, beware.

I haven't withdrawn any money yet, so I will reserve judgement on that. How people can give this brokerage house 4 stars or higher is a mystery to me. I don't see anything special about this place, and if I had to do it over, my opinion now is that I would find another place to trade. Fact is, I can't depend on this house to even have it's server running, or get a decent fill, let alone trying to concentrate on making money from trading.

So far, I rate their performance as terrible. From what I have seen in 3 weeks of trading with them, they don't deserve my business. Maybe they will change in the future, but I'm not holding my breath waiting for that to happen.

Very disappointed.

Aaron,
Sep 27, 2011,

Broker is a complete POS. MT4 platform goes down in the middle of the NY session, and their website goes with it. No way to contact them.

You're "Home Alone" with these jokers. Removing my deposit. Hopefully they didn't go & blow it in Vegas...

2011-07-22 No Rating Looks like my 1* review may have been too hasty. A couple days after I was having all those problems using & getting quotes on USDSGD, it and a bunch of others simply disappeared from my platform! Then when I went back & actually looked at the pairs they offer, it wasn't offered. More optimistically, they've launched additional pairs including this one effective next Monday. It would have been better though had they just said that rather than giving me the runaround & wasting my time. I've been using them for the 3 other pairs I do trade & things seem to work. Their commissions are a bit on the high side compared with others, but not totally outrageous. Leverage policies more flexible than most. I did a small ($2200) wire from my account & they processed it with lightning speed & it showed up posted in my B of A account in a single business day (record for any broker foreign or domestic). After seeing the posts about "off quotes" from others, I combed through my journals to see if I ever had such a thing & I did, though very infrequently (1 or 2 times in a week). Still at an STP for a market order (what I was doing) something like that should NEVER happen. You could get a lousy fill with big slippage, but shouldn't find an "off quotes". Still, it may be possible given the overall picture I'm seeing this is more consistent with a new broker having growing pains & technological challenges rather than dishonesty. I wish I could withdraw the 1* & just go back to "no rating" as I continue to gather experience. That's my rating now. I suspect 1* is low, but I don't know how low.

2011-07-12 1Star Tried using them to diversify my holdings with finfx. I had immediate problems with data delivery in their MT4 platform on minor pairs that I trade (USDSGD, in particular). Spent hours in online chat with them over the course of 2 successive nights getting the run-around. Uninstalled. Reinstalled. Was told I'd have an answer by email on the chat one night within 1-2 hours. Email never came. Next night, instructed to email their mt4 address, which I did. No answer. Still no data. Finally, was told that they were getting data on their end, and could see what I was receiving. I told them all well & good, but they aren't trading my account so it's irrelevant. I have finfx, vantagefx, forex.com platforms running on the same server both demo & live without problems. These guys are atrocious and their customer service is totally & completely inadequate. Am wiring funds back to my bank account tomorrow two days after they arrived there. Will update this to communicate whether I can at least get my money back from these jokers.

Suel F.,
Dubai,

This is a follow up to my review on 2011 - 09 - 26 :
I've received a call from another of their representatives the next day and finally there were able to understand and help me with a conclusion to what happened. They were very helpful and kind, and now they going to accredit to the account an extra $200 from their side as a help and that is really appreciated. Im going to keep using them as a broker for now. Seems like there was a misunderstanding btw me and the representative while we were chatting the last time and so i take back what i wrote in my previous review.

2011-09-26 1Star Read my experience with HotForex:
I opened a new account on 20 th September 2011 and within 6 days my whole account was wiped out. I went to chat with them and i the representative would answer each question i ask after 15 - 20 minutes although i said to him it's an emergency he wouldn't reply whatsoever leaving me waiting and wasting my time and money. The $500 bonus was removed as well like if it was never in the account which is really ridiculous, basically they it's a theft and even if i claim it back they won't give it to me. Their support is the worst ever, i have experience in forex for more than 5 years and i have accounts with many brokers and never ever experienced such a horrible experience. In the end i asked them to call me coz i needed to speak to my account manger urgently regarding the sudden loss of my account and i haven;t received a reply not until after 30 minutes, then the representative said there is no one who can call you which left me puzzled thinking. Then the chat was disconnected just like that. This happened twice.
In summary HotForex is a terrible broker and their representatives don;t even understand English which made hard for to communicate with them. NO ONE SHOULD USE THIS BROKER AT ALL!!!!

Jorge,
Spain,
Sep 7, 2011,

Joined hotforex 2 months ago and i am very happy so far. Their execution is fast and the platform is reliable. Their spanish support is really good and their rep Diego offers very good support. I am now taking part in their traders competition so i am hoping that with the good execution i will be able to win the award.