XM Review

Trading Point of Financial Instruments

Updated: Jan 20, 2021 · XM.com  · Is this your company?

XM Group is a group of online brokers. XM Group offers the MT4, MT5 and WebTrader currency trading platforms. XM.com offers over 55 currency pairs and CFDs on stocks, metals, commodities, equity indices, and energies for your personal investment and trading options.

XM

Former websites of this broker include Trading-Point.com.

Other websites related to this company include XMTrading.com, PipAffiliates.com, XMArabia.net, XM.co.uk, XMSina.com.

Established: 2009
Address: 12 Richard & Verengaria Street, Araouzos Castle Court, 3rd Floor, 3042 Limassol, Cyprus
Contact: support@xm.com, +357 25029933
Regulators: ASIC #443670, IFSC #IFSC/60/354/TS/18, CySEC #120/10
CFD: (940+) Gold, Silver, Stocks, Stock Indexes, Oil, Other Commodities
Deposit Methods: Bank Wire, VISA, MasterCard, Neteller, Skrill
Withdrawal Methods: Bank Wire, VISA, MasterCard, Neteller, Skrill

Join live discussion of XM.com on our forum

XM.com profile provided by Chris Zacharia, Mar 28, 2017

XM is a forex broker. XM offers the MetaTrader 5, MetaTrader 4 and Mobile global forex trading top platforms. XM.com offers over 55+ forex pairs, stocks,cfds, equities, indices, metals, and energies for your personal investment and trading options.

May 18, 2012,

Dear Mr. Wend,

As noted on 100forexbrokers.com on your previous review:

Firstly I would very strictly advice that you should revise your tactic of making blogs with no reason especially when you are talking about issues which do NOT exist but are issues that have come under your perception due to lack of knowledge of how to use the partners program.

Firstly: You had a balance of $322 in your partners account.

Secondly: Your 2 referred parties are the same entity and have not deposited the amount of 10,000 USD but 2,000 USD.

Thirdly: Commissions in an account do not show automatically when a trade is executed the system updates every 24 hours with exclusion to weekends.

Fourthly: Your account manager was always Mrs. Sophie Zakrzewska and never changed. The welcome email from Mrs. Munoz is a courtesy email sent to all customers by Mrs. Munoz which is Mrs. Zakrzewska ‘s assistant.

In essence you have made an issue and argument about a NON existing case and you have even made a blog about something non existing.

Summary: Partner accounts do not update in real time, commissions from referred parties trading are calculated every 24 hours taking in to consideration many factors of the trading activity of a given day. A partner program that did not post your commissions in real time cannot and will not be tolerated to be addressed with the word “scam”.

In essence you have posted a comment and made a blog talking about something not accurate for a broker that will pay you commissions for your marketing activity? I think you should revise your general ethical behavior before you come to trusted websites and post comments that do not match reality.

I advise you follow up publically and apologize and additionaly remove your blog from the world wide web index as your clearly violating the terms and conditions of the program which you have enrolled which at the end of the day is paying you commissions for referring 2 clients which are the same person.

I consider your comments and practice, unacceptable, unethical and above all NON transparent.

Chris A. Zacharia – Official Representative of Trading Point of Financial Instruments Ltd.

May 18, 2012,

Chris A. Zacharia – Trading Point of Financial Instruments Ltd.

Dear Miyabi,

Our average spreads and lowest spreads are transparently posted on our website here  http://www.trading-point.com/download/docs/spreads-micro.pdf and here --> http://www.trading-point.com/download/docs/spreads-standard.pdf.

In regards to execution: Please note that almost all of the orders executed within milliseconds, however during high market activity (often experienced at times of important news releases) there are cases in which there may be some delay, up to several seconds, as orders arrive in huge numbers and are placed in the queue for execution. Our team works very hard in eliminating any delays, especially as we thrive in not rejecting any orders or giving any re-quotes.

Chris A. Zacharia – Trading Point of Financial Instruments Ltd.

vikneshvaran,
johor bahru, Malaysia,
May 21, 2012,

I have been trading with TP and here are my personal experiences;

A very costly spread ( by the time I am getting profit and wanted to close it, the profit gets reduced quite fast). Please remember they have their spread published, so it is my choice of accepting their spread.

Their execution is very good and i have no complaint about it, but the moment I place an order, I will definitely get an opposite move that could either reduce the profit or no profit at all (or I have to wait hourly to get it through, if I am lucky). So, unless I am trading with the tp(take profit) is set, don't think I will get more profit, unless some fundamental impact helps me.Their backoffice support is also good.

Previously when I asked one of the representative whether is TP is a market maker, I didn't get a clear answer. But today, I have a clear answer that TP is a market maker. If I had known this before, I would have avoided TP. I experienced lots of counter moves after I made some profit. I am closing my account with them (with losses), but it doesn't mean those who read this need to do the same. The choice is upon individuals. I am closing because their trading environment doesn't suit me.

Previously, I have closed my account due to the same kind of reason with forex.com.au. Planning to look for London based broker.

May 23, 2012,

Chris A. Zacharia - Trading Point of Financial Instruments Ltd.

Dear Hugo,

Simply Impossible.

Please provide your MT4 ID on the forum in public or email me at chris@trading-point.com with your MT4 ID and I will follow up with absolutely every detail of your account.

There is 0% for any customer to request a withdrawal request and not receive his funds. Trading Point is a licensed company such an action is simply impossible.

Chris A. Zacharia - Trading Point of Financial Instruments Ltd.

Paul,
France, France,
May 23, 2012,

I have only been trading for 2 years now and have recently been trying out a number of different brokers.
I found this brokerage and thought I'd give them ago.
Finding they offer a 20% bonus on initial deposit I was at first tempted to deposit a couple of grand but ,luckily, my sense took over!
I deposited 30 quid and thought I'd give their system a "once over" and if it was ok then deposit the rest,as they still offered a 10% bonus on further deposits.
First thing I found was that they don't offer a Mac friendly platform so I logged onto their web-based platform.
First strange thing I found was that the s/P T/L options were greyed out and could not be specified on execution.
Ok so I make a deal and find afterwards they are still greyed out! " Eh up" i think ! Something wrong here!
So I use their online chat helpline.This was excellent!! Answered within minutes! Some bloke, as nice as he was was as useful as a chocolate fireguard, and basically told me that as i had a mac there was nothing he could! WOW!
Next I download the iPhone app and guess what? Yep no option to set a s/l or t/P !
Anyway eventually I get to speak to Diana.And very nice she is!
However eventually she sends me a link to a mac friendly platform.Guess what? it isn't actually a mac friendly platform but in fact a bit of advice on how to download a third party program to fool their platform into thinking it was operating on a pc.
Don't think so somehow! So I dig out my old pc lap top ( good job I had sent it for 6 with my louisville slugger as I'd been tempted to when it slowed down to snails pace before it was replaced by the mac!) and I load up their bt4 platform.
WOWWWW.! This looks like its been designed by a college student on an excel project.!
Quickly realising what this outfit is all about I put all my dough (all 30 quid of it !) on a casino bid of 1/500 on a long EUR/USD deal and lost the lot quicker than you can say yankeedoodledandee!
Not bothered as it would probably have proved more difficult to get a withdrawal with this outfit than it would have been to get the Greek bail-out re-paid!!
Got an email today telling me of their "special offer" of 100% bonus of deposits valid till 5 June!!!!! WOWWWWWWWW
Give me break! "Bucket shop" doesn't even begin to describe this outfit!
They're as transparent as my aunties nightie !
Come here OANDA and give me a hug I never realised how good you were!
Reminds me of a saying. " Ever lent a friend 20 bucks and never seen them agin?It was probably worth it!"
Do as you will people but be be careful!

OSOS,
, Japan,

I support good response
I was surprised because the fast payment

May 24, 2012,

Dear Paul from France,

Seems strange you take the time to post a review about something that in essence does not make any logical sense. Since you have been trading for 2 years seems strange you have such questions and post a review which would not make sense to anyone trading for more than 1 week.

Firstly, Mac Friendly Platforms:

The only way(s) to operate a trading platform on a Mac is
A) You use a web based platform (which we do)
B) Use a parallel desktop on a Mac which either you can buy or use the free versions like virtualbox

So in regards to your comment about Trading Point not offering a MT4 for your case you should know that MT4 which is the most popular and most widely used trading platform on the globe simply does NOT operate on a Mac environment.

In regards to S/P, T/L

As you probably don’t know when you are trading with a broker operating on Market Execution with NO REQUOTES you cannot place S/P or T/P before you actually place the order. It’s simply impossible. It’s the way the Interbank market works.

MT4 Platform looking like an excel project

I really don’t know what to say; the MT4 has redefined online forex trading in a whole since its creation 99% of brokerage houses use it; I think its simply not mature for someone to post a 1 star review for a broker because he decided he does not like the MT4 and because he does not know the rules of Interbak Market Execution.

Withdrawals:

I think Trading Point did not do something to you to deserve to be called an outfit. Just for the record we process withdrawals within 24 hours from the time of their request.

Promotion 100% Bonus:

99% of brokers offer promotions every day to keep up with the market; since when does a broker offering a welcome bonus deserve to be called a buketshop?

As per your comment about OANDA since I truly respect OANDA I think you should try their MT4 and you will be very much surprised that all the negative non-accurate comments you have posted above apply in the exact same manner at Oanda once again cancelling out all your non-accurate and non-respectful comments above.

hugo,
, Portugal,
May 24, 2012,

Hi ppl.

Sorry guys my bad.

My bank indeed received the transfer from tradingpoint, but dont know why they didnt transfered to my account.

Sorry for all the trouble but this was the first time that ai saw a bank doing this.

So because of this i recommend this broker to others traders

The the bank received the deposit from trading in the same day of the operation so was very fast :)

But i think the support from tradingpoint could be better.

2012-05-23 1 Star Hi, ppl

I made a withdrawal a month ago and im still waiting for the money.
The support is repeating all the same "the transfer was made" and im still waiting for the money.
I have a report from other customer with the same issue , liquidity problems with tradingpoint????

Very sad i used to like this broker

chi,
singapore, Singapore,
Jun 5, 2012,

I would like to complain my current withdrawal request, it is not done even after 1 week! There's no explanation from your customer services, the only answer i got is wait and wait. There's no estimated time when i can get the money as well. It made me seriously suspect your company honest, and trying not to pay my profit.

Please investigate it or else i'll treat it as scam

chi
24445 and 30187

Jun 7, 2012,

Dear Mr. Chi,

You have filed for a withdraw on the 5th of June 2012 and your payment was processed on the 6th of June 2012.

It is unfair to use 1 star rating. We service all our customers with same level of professionalism and in your case specifically there is no excuse for a 1 star rating.

Please be kind enough to follow up here.

Is XM a good broker?

The best way to answer if XM is a good broker is to read the unbiased traders reviews on Forex Peace Army. https://www.forexpeacearmy.com/forex-reviews/7214/xm-forex-brokers.

Additionally, we recommend to check recent XM broker community discussions: https://www.forexpeacearmy.com/community/tags/xmcom/

What is the minimum deposit for XM Broker?

XM brokers offers several account types. Micro and Standard accounts have a minimum deposit of $5. Other account types vary in their minimum deposit requirements by region.

How do I deposit money in to my XM broker?

XM's broker deposit procedure is fairly straightforward. Once the account is registered and approved, follow these simple steps:

• Login to XM broker members area.
  • Select the deposit method (Credit and Debit cards, Neteller, Bank Wire Transfer or other).
  • Select the XM account and specify the deposit amount.
  • Enter the appropriate payment details.
Funds availability depend on the funding method, with card deposit being "instant". If you have any questions or problems contact XM broker live chat.

How long does it take to withdraw from XM?

XM broker says they process nearly all withdrawal requests within 24 business hours.

Then it may take another 2-5 business days for the bank to process wire or for card transaction to be reflected in your account.

For faster XM withdrawal you may opt for the XM Card or e-wallet, these payments are received the same business day.

Can I withdraw XM bonus?

Profits made by trading XM bonuses are withdrawable. However, you can not withdraw XM bonus itself.

Check the terms and conditions of any bonus program before accepting a bonus.

How much can I withdraw from XM?

XM's minimum withdrawal amount is $5 for credit/debit cards and e-wallets and is $200 for the bank wire.

The maximum withdrawal amount from XM is determined by the payment method with Bank Wire limits being the highest.

Please be aware of the XM withdrawal priorities, if you deposited money with the credit card or e-wallet, then withdrawal is processed via the same method up to amount deposited before you are able to select other withdrawal methods.

Does XM allow scalping?

XM allows scalping as well as trading during time of increased volatility.

It is always a good idea to check fresh reviews on Forex Peace Army to see if traders recently encountered any serious problems with scalping using XM trading platforms.

What is XM zero account?

XM Zero accounts feature near-zero spreads (EURUSD average spread is as low as 0.1 pips) and a no requotes execution policy with all trading styles welcome.

The trade off is a broker commission of $7 per lot round turn charged when opening the trade.

Some regions may have different account options.

Is XM a regulated broker?

XM broker is regulated by several government regulators:

• Australian Securities and Investments Commission (ASIC), registration #443670;
  • Belize International Financial Services Commission (IFSC), registration #IFSC/60/354/TS/18;
  • Cyprus Securities and Exchange Commission (CySEC), registration #120/10.

Does XM charge commission?

XM broker offers several account types:

• Micro Account and Standard account are commission free
  • XM Zero account features ultra-thin spreads but charges commission of $7 per round lot traded payable at the order opening time
  • Some regions may have other account types

What is XM leverage?

XM offers flexible leverage from 1:1 to as high as 888:1 that can be instantly changed in your account members area.

Higher leverage allows to trade the borrowed capital which increases both the profit potential and the risk of loss.

Some trading strategies like automated scalping may require high leverage while many professional traders do not use much leverage.

Please trade responsibly selecting the leverage based on your risk appetite and loss tolerance level. Some regions may only offer lower leverage.