CityIndex.com Review Visit site

Updated: Aug 13, 2018

Other websites of this company include cityindexasia.com.sg, cityindex.eu, cityindex.com.au, and cityindex.co.uk

CityIndex is a subsidiary of GAIN Capital Holdings.

CityIndex.com

Join live discussion of CityIndex.com on our forum

UK, United Kingdom,
May 13, 2017,

keep away from cityindex warning they will make sure you lose your shirt ilost 12000
but when I started getting back half the lose in two weeks they close my account keep away from CITYINDEX YOU WILL NEVER MAKE A cent FROM THEM THEY ARE THE BIGGIST SCAM,
Apr 30, 2017,

Deletion of last dollars from bank account due to inactivity

Recently, they have deleted my last dollars from my account for inactivity without the courtesy of sending a cheque to my home. Bad customer service.
Singapore,
Feb 19, 2017,

Unreliable

Countless times I have been unable to log in at NY market open. Good luck managing your trades. Platform also will disconnect during times of high volatility. Ridiculous counterparty risk
Apr 15, 2016,

I am trading with them for one month.

The commission changed from 7 USD to 19.5 USD without notice. I am not sure whether 7USD was a discounted introductory charge or it changed for every one.
UK, United Kingdom,
Sep 20, 2015,

I am one of those whose account has been transferred from GFTUK to City Index. Last Thursday it was first time I actually traded on their MT4 platform. I had awful experience with their services, their platform MT4 and Web freeze through out the afternoon, this has psychologically screwed me up a bit. I don't know the real reason behind this, I will continue to test their services in the coming weeks, if I am not happy I will move on.
Sep 18, 2015,

I traded in live acc with $300/-. After my equity reached $430/- .I tried to close 4 trades which were in profit but even after 2 days of constant trying I could't close as I was getting the message"off quotes" After 2 days the equity dropped to $370/- still the trades are not closing. I never saw the spreads so high like City Index brokers.I have confessed 100% true.There is no meaning of trading with them.
Mar 29, 2015,

Have been using the broker for a while but it has not been until i begun to trade a lot more and learn more about forex and brokers that i have begun to notice some very strange things. First of all before i continue i have found out that this broker is a Market Maker and after reading their terms and conditions more carefully this can be seen clearly. To bad i never knew about this earlier but i would recommend anyone to read the T/C's in detail.

Anyway, recently i noticed some very strange activity. on the CityIndex MT4 live account and the CityIndex Live web based trading system (Advantage Web) there was a massive price difference. it was well over 20 pips on more then one pair.

I understand a price difference between different brokers and how the the prices are modified by the broker so they make profit and take your money but this was an internal price difference. They had one price on their MT4 but a different price (More then 20 pip) on their Web based trading platform.

After emailing them with screen shots i was told that it will be escalated to IT and they will let me know (No Response yet).

Lucky for me i had closed my order at a profit but i would have been very interested to see what would have happened because on MT4 it would have shown a loss but it was a profit on their web based trading terminal.

Anyway, best be careful of these guys.

2015-03-29 1Star Cant say Ive had much trouble. Ive made decent profit with this broker however i recently noticed a major issue with their MT4 data. There was a day recently where there was a spike on EUR pairs to the upside however this spik did not happen on their MT4 platform. I know this because i use another brokers MT4 as well and the spike was there. Not only where they different to another broker but they had a different chart on their own internal online trading platform where the spike did occur. So they are showing two different types of data, 1 on MT4 is different to their online trading platform.

Another thing i have noticed is that their times are off on MT4. Once again comparing with another broker, i noticed that although it said for example 7am on a candle, it was off by around 1 hour. This happened many times. It is possible that they control their systems to intentionally stop out traders. Other then that its a shame because spreads and leverage are good.
, United Kingdom,
Sep 24, 2014,

most of my tickets trading with them went the opposite way, they run against all the time , terrible company, I have been robbed !
everytime I went short the price went up and 98% I went long the price went down.
Its clear the way they operate, its a scam ! what a shame on you city index ! its the only dishonest way you know how to make money !
, United Kingdom,
Sep 16, 2014,

A total rip off,
keep well away, when you close a deal the price always go down well below of the current one.

they will clean you up , its a scam . If you complaint they do not care .
Lake Munmorah, Australia,
Jul 1, 2013,

Very poor customer support from this company. Won't reply to Emails wanting to close account, won't close the account without request in writing, call centre "support" unhelpful and disinterested.
"Advantage trader" platform is difficult to use. Not recommended.