Pepperstone review - Regulations, Platforms, Instruments & Ratings

Updated: May 23, 2022 · Pepperstone.com  · Is this your company?

5 star review by javisman, Mexico

I've been trading with pepperstone for some time, maybe over a 1 year, and so far they've been a great broker in all matters. I don't have any complain so far. But what worries me a little, is the fact that my account was transferred, from Australia into another country, I didn't know it existed, Bahamas maybe or something like that. And I don't know how safe is that and it's implications. If Pepperstone could explain me, or us, a little what is this about, please, maybe I'll feel completely comfortable.
Read more traders reviews >>

What is Pepperstone?

Pepperstone is a forex and Spread Betting broker operated by the Pepperstone Group of companies since 2010. This brand is regulated with FCA, ASIC, CySEC, BaFIN, SCB (Bahamas), CMA (Kenya), and DFSA (Dubai).

Pepperstone clients can choose between MT4, MT5 and cTrader platforms, all have mobile, desktop, and web versions. cTrader is also integrated with TradingView charts and the social trading network. Pepperstone's copy trading array includes MirorTrader, RoboX and myFxbook for MetaTrader as well as DupliTrade for cTrader.

All trading styles, scalping, hedging, algorithmic trading, and news spike trading are supported by Pepperstone. Listed investment instruments include over 1200 CFD on Forex, Indices, Stocks, Commodities, ETFs, Cryptocurrencies, and Currency Indices. Demo virtual trading accounts are available.

Pepperstone broker perks include Smart Trader Tools addon for MetaTrader, Autochartist, and Delkos. Market research is provided by in-house team and includes both technical and fundamental analysis in written and video formant. Pepperstone also has an impressive array of pre-recorded educational content for beginners and advanced traders.

Please read Pepperstone Reviews below and share live trading experiences with this broker.

Pepperstone

Minimum Deposit: $200
Established: 2010
Address: Level 16, Tower One, 727 Collins Street, Melbourne, VIC, Australia, 3008
Customer Service: support@pepperstone.com, +61 3 9020 0155
Regulations: ASIC #414530, SCB #SIA-F217, CySEC #388/20, BaFIN #151148, CMA #128, DFSA #F004356, FCA #684312
Trading platforms: MT4, MT5, cTrader, DupliTrade, TradingView
WebTrader: ✅ Yes
Mobile Trading: ✅ Yes

Trading Instruments

CFD: (1200+) Gold, Silver, Other Precious Metals, Stocks, Stock Indexes, Oil, Other Commodities, ETF

Trading Conditions

EAs/Robots: ✅ Yes
News Spike Trading: ✅ Yes
Scalping: ✅ Yes

Managed Accounts & Social Trading

MAM: ✅ Yes
PAMM: ✅ Yes
Copy Trading: ✅ Yes
Deposit Methods: Bank Wire (Bank Transfer), VISA, MasterCard, BPAY, Local Bank Transfers, M-Pesa, Neteller, PayPal, Poli, Skrill, UnionPay
Withdrawal Methods: Bank Wire (Bank Transfer), VISA, MasterCard, BPAY, Local Bank Transfers, M-Pesa, Neteller, PayPal, Poli, Skrill, UnionPay

Join live discussion of Pepperstone.com on our forum

Pepperstone.com profile provided by Martin, May 20, 2022

Pepperstone offers four trading platforms, MT4, MT5, cTrader, and TradingView. Clients can take advantage of a range of market opportunities with 1,200+ instruments available to trade, including FX, index CFDs, share CFDs, commodities, and cryptocurrencies. With multiple liquidity providers and external pricing sources, clients enjoy competitive quotes and some of the lowest spreads on the market.

Laayoune city, Morocco,
May 12, 2022,

Fraud broker....run away with your money ASAP!!!

I opened an account with pepperstone.
Before my account was verified i did a stupid move and that is funding my account...once i funded my account with 100 usd tge2y kept refusing the documents i uploaded so many times & when i asked them to give me back my money which is my legitimate right since they refused to verifyy account they never replied....irony when i submitted the same documents in another broker they verified my account in a matter of hours LOL!!! SO STAY AWAY FROM PEPPERSTONE...THEY STILL OWE ME 100 BUCKS

Gujarat, India,
Apr 23, 2022,

They charge 5.73% fees for withdrawal in USDt(TRC-20)

I am very very disappointed with their withdrawal services

When I asked to live chat agent they told me they charge only $3 per transection fees so I will receive $9997 for $10000 withdrawals But For a withdrawal of $108000 USD in USDt and I Received only 101813.9 USDt only they charge $6186.1 for process my withdrawal

The next day again I made another $40000 withdrawal and got only $37897 they made a charge of $2102
I didn't see this much of a charge in any broker

I raised ticket to support they given me replay below

"Thank you for your reply.
Your withdrawal of USD has been converted to USDT at the live conversion rate. This rate is subject to fluctuations as it is a live conversion.
We can see that your previous withdrawals were converted from USD to USDT at the conversion rate of 1.0608.
Any discrepancy in the amount sent by Pepperstone and the amount received in your USDT blockchain wallet address may be due to blockchain transfer fees which are out of Pepperstone's control and we do not receive the fee income from these charges.
If you have any further questions, please let us know.
Thank you for your understanding.

Sophie
Pepperstone Accounts"

Conversion rate they mentioned never happen since USDt inception

Reply by Martin submitted May 5, 2022:
Hi there,

Thank you for your feedback and we are sorry to hear that your experience with Pepperstone was not a positive one.

Please be advised that we are looking into your case and will be updating you soon via email.

Thank you for your patience.
Cami,
Chihuahua, Mexico,
Apr 18, 2022,

SCAM PAYMENT METHODS

I tried to deposit. also I dont know how many stars to drop. I have not enough experience with them.

the available ways are paypal, neteller, skrill, and credit card and others....

but when I tried to deposit using neteller they freezed my money,

its very clearly a scam, as well with skrill.
N perhaps paysafecard, its of course not safe in my case...

anyone would think they are clearly a scam! and thats what they say... I lost ABOUT 60 usd OF money there.

PAYPAL AND CARD WORKS BEST.

pepperstone is suspicious!

YOU ARE NOT A 5 STARS BROKER LOL! WHAT A WASTE, I hope you grow some day. TAKE IT AS A POSITIVE CRITIC.

GOOOD LUUUCK ALL TRADERS WITH EVERYTHING!

Reply by Martin submitted Apr 20, 2022:
Hello Cami, thank you for your review. Pepperstone is a licensed and regulated broker that operates globally.

We are sorry to hear about your recent experience with Pepperstone and we would like to further investigate this case for you.

Could you please contact our Support team at support@pepperstone.com, or join us on live chat in order to speak to one of our agents?

We are looking forward to hearing from you,
The Pepperstone team
Russia, Russian Federation,
Apr 12, 2022,

I wrote the customer service on email asking them to process a broker to broker transfer out of my pepperstone and they agreed. They asked me to send them the confirmation document from my other broker. When I attached the document a different agent replied to my email saying that they don't process broker to broker transfers. My funds are now stuck at pepperstone because I can not withdraw to my bank account which has been hit by sanctions. The only way is to transfer the funds to my account in a different ASIC regulated broker where I can transact in crypto.

Just the other day, I talked to the online agent and they assured me that they would never close my positions without my authorization( Assuming I have enough margin). Barely two weeks were over and they closed my positions without a warning citing random clauses in their contract. I am utterly disappointed with there customer treatment. I wouldn't recommend anyone to trade with Pepperstone.

Reply by Martin submitted Apr 15, 2022:
Hi There, Thank you for your review. Could you please help contact us back at support@pepperstone.com so we could investigate further?
Malaysia, Malaysia,
Feb 8, 2022,

Pepperstone: manipulating spread 50pips on EURSGD

I know there is spread widening at rollover periods.

It's acceptable as the spread widening below 200 points but a whooping over 500 points spread widening in just a tick is can't acceptable.

Reply by Martin submitted Mar 7, 2022:
Hi Johnny88, Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. We are glad to hear that the matter has already been resolved for you. If you still have any questions or require further assistance, please contact us back at support@pepperstone.com
Pepperstone team
Extrader,
VN, Viet Nam,
Dec 24, 2021,

Reply to Martin - Sign of trading against clients

Hi Martin. Sorry if I upset you again but I have to say that your reply seems persuading to novices only, but not persuading to experienced traders with some knowledge of the industry. If your company openly lets traders choose which regulator/entity they want to trade with, your company should put the links on your company website homepage, not on a 'difficult-to-find' page like that. And I am not sure if the link https://pepperstonegroup.com/en/regulated-offices has been posted after or before my review?
Your words 'Whilst we do offer several licenses not all regions can be setup under a particular license' is somewhat misleading traders on purpose to believe that UK brokers, for instance, are not allowed by their regulator to accept traders from other countries. The truth is just on the contrary indeed. Any regulators in any countries not only want to attract traders from home but also traders from abroard to develop their country economy.
Hope your company will improve its policy in the future to attract more traders.

Nov 22, 2021 - 1 Star I intended to trade with Pepperstone UK for reliability and safety of my deposits although the leverage is low. But the link here is to their entity in Bahamas and on their Bahamas entity website they don't give any link to their UK entity for traders' choice of which entity/regulator traders want to trade with although they do advertise they are regulated in many countries including UK. This is a bad sign that such brokers often trade against their clients, thus they don't want their clients to open a/c with their well regulated entity (its for advertising purpose only) or else they will have trouble with their regulator when clients complain about their bad behavior. After finding out this, I gave up my entention to open a trading a/c with them. However, I still hope one day in the future they may change their minds and openly give link to their UK entity for traders' choice. If so, I may give them a try then.

Reply by Martin submitted Nov 24, 2021 Hi Extrader, We are sorry to hear about your experience. We have several licenses and you can view details of each on our group site here: https://pepperstonegroup.com/en/regulated-offices. There you will also see the link to the respective licenses homepage. Whilst we do offer several licenses not all regions can be setup under a particular license. If you would like to discuss these options further please reach out to us on chats, phone or email support@pepperstone.com.
Reply by Martin submitted Mar 7, 2022:
Hi Extrader, Thank you for taking the time to provide Pepperstone with your feedback. Pepperstone prides itself on being an International FX Trading firm welcoming clients from across the globe. Pepperstone strictly complies with all International regulations therefore, therefore, there are certain rules we have to follow. If you still have any questions, please feel free to reach out to us at support@pepperstone.com, our team will be more than happy to assist.
Warm regards,
Pepperstone team
Sweden, Sweden,
Dec 3, 2021,

Scammed by pepperstone

Impossible to close my positions. It worked before noiw they stopped me to close my positions. In Trustpilot they blaming that the reason is the investors password and that they have sended email on that. THAT IS BIG LIE! Ihavent changed it. They also keep my money and dont respond my mails to them. SCAMCOMPANY!!.
Reply by Martin submitted Dec 10, 2021:
Thank you for your review, I can see our team emailed you regarding this on December 2. The investor password is a read-only access to the platform whereas the "trading" password allows you to trade. If you need further assistance with this please reach out to us via email, phone or chats.
Indoensia, Indonesia,
Nov 30, 2021,

Pepperstone close my oil order without my consent / margin call

Pepperstone close my order for oil / spotcrude (buy) order without my consent. yet my margin still have 4000 EUR and 400%+ in free margin.

Reply by Martin submitted Dec 10, 2021:
Hi There, Thank you for your review I can see our team has since corresponded with you via email regarding this. if you have any other questions feel free to reach out to us via email, chats or phone.
Germany, Germany,
Nov 23, 2021,

Good Broker

Overall a good broker.
Good execution.
Good customer service.
A little high on the overnight swap rates.

Wish they had more flexible withdrawal options.
Reply by Martin submitted Nov 24, 2021:
Thank you for your review MisterX, your feedback has been passed on to our team.
On top of Mt Kinabalu, Malaysia,
Nov 13, 2021,

Lost faith and trust in this broker

I used to think and even believe Pepperstone is a good & trusted broker and has been using them on-and-off since 2010. BUT, my last experiences with them a couple months back or so has left me with less than satisfied with how that broker has evolved through the years. Their Islamic account is not Islamic as they charge "administration fee" if left opened for number days after their "expiry dateline", trade commissions are immediately deducted from trading account balance, positive daily swap are changed to negative daily swap without reason other than blaming their liquid providers, and small little things here and there which go against their clients best interest. All very difficult to prove and so subtle that most of them go without notice.
Long story short, Pepperstone is no longer the Pepperstone I used to know and trust, and it has been removed from my list of trusted brokers and I strongly advise against using them as a broker.
Reply by Martin submitted Nov 17, 2021:
RahmanSL, We are very sorry to hear of your experience and would love the opportunity to discuss these issues with you. We can be reached via phone or chat or you can send us and email to support@pepperstone.com.