GKFX.com Review

Updated: Oct 2, 2020 · Visit site  · Is this your company?

GKFX is an online forex broker. GKFX offers the MetaTrader 4 and MT Mobile forex trading top platforms. GKFX.com offers over 45 currency pairs, cfds, and commodities for your personal investment and trading options.

GKFX.com
There is an FPA Traders Court guilty vote against this company.  The FPA recommends caution dealing with GKFX unless this issue can be resolved.

Other websites of this company include GKFXPrime.com, GKInvest.co.id, GKFX.eu, GKFXCambodia.com, GKFX.ru, GKFXENC.com/en/, CNGKFXPrime.com.

Formerly known as SmartLiveMarkets.co.uk

Established: 2010
Address: Bevis Marks House, 24 Bevis Marks, London, EC3A 7JB, United Kingdom
Contact: support@gkfx.com, 0044(0)2071861212
Regulators: CNB #256-2004, AMF #, BaFIN #130602, CONSOB #2915, FSA #, AFM #, CMNV #71, FI #556873-1326, DMCC #32142, FCA #501320
Trading platforms: MT4, Sirix
Cryptocurrencies: (5+)
CFD: (310+)
Deposit Methods: Bank Wire, VISA, MasterCard, Bitcoin, Qiwi, Skrill, WebMoney
Withdrawal Methods: VISA, MasterCard, Neteller, Qiwi, Skrill, WebMoney, Yandex Money

Join live discussion of GKFX.com on our forum

shoot2scoot,
UK,
Aug 18, 2011,

SLM are changing their name. We can only hope that they are turning a new leaf too. Here is the message they sent:

Dear Client,
I am writing to inform you that Smart Live Financial Services Ltd will be changing its name in the coming weeks to GKFX Financial Services Ltd.
Our FSA and companies house registration numbers will remain the same.

The reason for this change is cosmetic.
As we have grown globally as a company it has been apparent that some people have been confused by our name, so we have chosen a more generic name which as a brand going forward will be far more easily recognised throughout the world.

We will also be rebranding our logo and website along with this change. But apart from that you will not notice any changes.

Your account with us will automatically change to an account with GKFX Financial Services Ltd with the same terms of business.

We anticipate this change will happen on September 5th 2011.

If you have any questions then please do get in touch with our customer services desk at support@smartlivemarkets.com.

Regards
SLM

John,
Cumbria, United Kingdom,
Feb 15, 2012,

Slippage, slippage, everywhere.

Platform always crashing.

Servers often down.

Avoid at all costs. Dreadful. Just dreadful.

Simon,
Oxford, United Kingdom,
Apr 7, 2012,

I have made over 200 trades, I run windows xp virtual machine with four instances of metatrader 4.

Spreads are tighter than igindex. Platform has always been stable for me. During an error when usdjpy fell off a lift they refunded my money after a dodgy spike. Overall I am impressed. Best usage is the Swiss army ea which moves to break even when you wish. Happy trading.

Ron X,
Israel, Israel,
Apr 15, 2012,

I am remaining anonymous as I still have an account with them and don't plan on closing it just yet. I have been trading with them for a while now and agree with nearly everything written below. I have tried them only in some very specific cases where I knew their would be trouble but wanted to sniff out who I was dealing with.
I now know for sure that they keep their servers in their own office. This was unbelievable to me at first, but basically I work in IT so I did some sniffing around with their IPs and figured out that everything was coming out of a building in central London. I checked further and found that no server farm exists there so I am left to assume that the crashes everyone is reporting is due to a platform sitting on 1 server (no redundancy and no back up).
The good thing about this broker, and their are a number of good things to be honest is their withdrawal policy (no questions - they just send the cash) and the fact that they have Spread Betting on MT4.
They on the other hand do send nasty messages to traders they don't like (scalpers and the like). But they claim to STP all traders and shouldn't care if a customer is a scalper. But they curse them out. Something is definitely off here and it's getting weirder every day. I would certainly warn traders to steer clear. Their are simply better brokers out there. I am staying away from calling them a scam - I don't think they are. I think they are probably just badly managed and have worse infrastructure. Something there isn't right - but they don't seem to be doing everything on purpose. Just reckless I guess. Not sure yet

Carl,
May 30, 2012,

I joined GKFX and my account was managed by someone who used spread betting hedge strategies. This worked very well and my account grew 60% in 2 weeks. After my first withdrawal I start getting nasty e-mails from the owner, Paul, accusing me of breaching their scalping policies. I scrutinised my statements and informed him that at no time was scalping used on my account, -but positions were hedged and kept open for at least 2 minutes up to a few hours. Poor idiot did not understand the difference between scalping and hedging and my explanation fell on deaf ears...Soon afterwards my profits took a dive as my transactions were riddled with requotes and delays. It is obvious to me that GKFX/Paul set up their platform against me. One positive thing about GKFX is that they respond unbelievably fast if a winning accounts is closed and payout requested. Damn...I had my money in 3 days! I guess Paul was so relieved to get rid of someone who doubled his account in 4 weeks...haha! Just goes to show that some brokers are really not your friends and will pull the strings behind the scenes to prevent you from making a profit against them. Stay away from these type of market movers...especially GKFX. Rather use ECN brokers if your trading style allows.

GKFX,
Jun 18, 2012,

Hello
I guess the old adage that you cannot please all of the people all of the time is as true today as it has always been. The gentleman below has an interesting grasp of the facts.

Firstly I am not the owner of GKFX and I most certainly never gave him that impression.

Secondly we had a very pleasant exchange of emails which were far from being rude.

Calling someone an ‘idiot’ because they politely get in contact with you to discus scalping is somewhat rich. Placing a trade on a latent price and then hedging it practically immediately by placing a trade the other way around (and closing them both later) is scalping whatever way you wish to dress it up…. or try to hide it.

We have some of the tightest fixed spreads available on MT4 in the world, and we have not done so to be taken advantage of. We have thousands of active clients who think the service we provide is fantastic, but that is because they are traders not scalpers.

If someone requests their funds they are usually returned in 3 days, as that is how the banking system works, no matter who they are.

As I said to this gentleman, in one of our friendly emails, we are delighted when clients make money, as long as it is legitimately. In fact one of our clients has recently made so much money he opened his own bar, and I was delighted to go to his opening night.

Regards, Paul (GKFX)

Johan FX,
Breda, Netherlands,
Jun 19, 2012,

I have an account @ GKFX since 2 weeks and i cant complain about anything. The services they provide is very good, especially for dutch people since they open a branch in amsterdam.

The spreads are good compared with other brokers over here. No problems with slippage, what i am reading below...maybe everything is going better these days :D

So at this moment i can only be positive haha :D

regards,

satisfied customer!!

Claire Forlani,
Johannesburg, South Africa,
Aug 14, 2012,

GKFX is a Turkish company. They are ruthless bullies, they manipulate the charts. Their artificial spikes are well known. The regional manager, Serkan Ali does not even know what spikes are. I am sorry there are plenty of these companies around, I would never trust these gangsters with my money again.

Daniel Suran,
Germany, Germany,
Aug 17, 2012,

I am trading since 5 months with GKFX and made really good experience. I have never seen broker with this good order execution before. Their spreads are fixed! without increase! So good job guys!

Luca Marmoleo,
Italy, Italy,
Aug 21, 2012,

Hi
i have an account with GKFX since May 2012 , i m trading on fx and Index, MT4 works perfectly , deposit and whitd ok and on time.
I m getting full assistance from them with also some educational programs and personal meetings
i will update you if something bad happens :)
cheers