GKFX.com Review

Updated: Oct 2, 2020 · Visit site  · Is this your company?

GKFX is an online forex broker. GKFX offers the MetaTrader 4 and MT Mobile forex trading top platforms. GKFX.com offers over 45 currency pairs, cfds, and commodities for your personal investment and trading options.

GKFX.com
There is an FPA Traders Court guilty vote against this company.  The FPA recommends caution dealing with GKFX unless this issue can be resolved.

Other websites of this company include GKFXPrime.com, GKInvest.co.id, GKFX.eu, GKFXCambodia.com, GKFX.ru, GKFXENC.com/en/, CNGKFXPrime.com.

Formerly known as SmartLiveMarkets.co.uk

Established: 2010
Address: Bevis Marks House, 24 Bevis Marks, London, EC3A 7JB, United Kingdom
Contact: support@gkfx.com, 0044(0)2071861212
Regulators: CNB #256-2004, AMF #, BaFIN #130602, CONSOB #2915, FSA #, AFM #, CMNV #71, FI #556873-1326, DMCC #32142, FCA #501320
Trading platforms: MT4, Sirix
Cryptocurrencies: (5+)
CFD: (310+)
Deposit Methods: Bank Wire, VISA, MasterCard, Bitcoin, Qiwi, Skrill, WebMoney
Withdrawal Methods: VISA, MasterCard, Neteller, Qiwi, Skrill, WebMoney, Yandex Money

Join live discussion of GKFX.com on our forum

shoot2scoot,
UK,
Aug 18, 2011,

SLM are changing their name. We can only hope that they are turning a new leaf too. Here is the message they sent:

Dear Client,
I am writing to inform you that Smart Live Financial Services Ltd will be changing its name in the coming weeks to GKFX Financial Services Ltd.
Our FSA and companies house registration numbers will remain the same.

The reason for this change is cosmetic.
As we have grown globally as a company it has been apparent that some people have been confused by our name, so we have chosen a more generic name which as a brand going forward will be far more easily recognised throughout the world.

We will also be rebranding our logo and website along with this change. But apart from that you will not notice any changes.

Your account with us will automatically change to an account with GKFX Financial Services Ltd with the same terms of business.

We anticipate this change will happen on September 5th 2011.

If you have any questions then please do get in touch with our customer services desk at support@smartlivemarkets.com.

Regards
SLM

GKFX,
Jun 18, 2012,

Hello
I guess the old adage that you cannot please all of the people all of the time is as true today as it has always been. The gentleman below has an interesting grasp of the facts.

Firstly I am not the owner of GKFX and I most certainly never gave him that impression.

Secondly we had a very pleasant exchange of emails which were far from being rude.

Calling someone an ‘idiot’ because they politely get in contact with you to discus scalping is somewhat rich. Placing a trade on a latent price and then hedging it practically immediately by placing a trade the other way around (and closing them both later) is scalping whatever way you wish to dress it up…. or try to hide it.

We have some of the tightest fixed spreads available on MT4 in the world, and we have not done so to be taken advantage of. We have thousands of active clients who think the service we provide is fantastic, but that is because they are traders not scalpers.

If someone requests their funds they are usually returned in 3 days, as that is how the banking system works, no matter who they are.

As I said to this gentleman, in one of our friendly emails, we are delighted when clients make money, as long as it is legitimately. In fact one of our clients has recently made so much money he opened his own bar, and I was delighted to go to his opening night.

Regards, Paul (GKFX)

GKFX Compliance Dept,
Dec 2, 2014,

Hello
All electronic trading platforms occasionally suffer from a glitch. This may be a price freeze or an incorrect price which could be to the benefit or detriment of a client. If someone deliberately and consistently tries to take advantage of such an occurrence then I am afraid this will not be tolerated and they will be warned or their account will be closed.
We are in business to help people trade on volatile markets by providing tight spreads and liquidity 24 hours a day, not so that a small minority can attempt to ruin that for the majority.
If we experience a problem with a price feed, then where appropriate we may invoke a Manifest Error and cancel that trade, whether it is a profitable or losing trade.
Some people do not like it when they get found out.
In an ideal world problems would never happen, but sadly they do. We are fully FCA regulated and would only ever invoke a Manifest Error when appropriate to do so and without discrimination, all of which we are answerable to the FCA for.
Regards
GKFX

Johan FX,
Breda, Netherlands,
Jun 19, 2012,

I have an account @ GKFX since 2 weeks and i cant complain about anything. The services they provide is very good, especially for dutch people since they open a branch in amsterdam.

The spreads are good compared with other brokers over here. No problems with slippage, what i am reading below...maybe everything is going better these days :D

So at this moment i can only be positive haha :D

regards,

satisfied customer!!

Mahmoud,
Jul 16, 2013,

one of the best brokers , fast execution and fantastic customer services

Review Moderation Team Note: Mahmoud posted this from the same location that a GFFX employee used to contact the FPA.

Per FPA policy, the rating on this review has been set to Zero stars.

May 13, 2017,

GKFX scams me by illegaly confiscating my bonus

Issue escalated to Traders Court collin1 vs gkfx.co.uk | GUILTY
I have used gkfx for quite a while. actually back a few years ago i lost a lot of money trading eur/aud around -40k loss. I was quite shocked but okay perhaps it was my fault.
but recently they held a promotion for a £15000 deposit bonus with a requirement of £2 spreadbet for every £3 bonus. i fulfilled the terms of the bonus and did the trades. They then converted the bonus into cash. a few weeks later when i needed a withdrawal they suddenly confiscated my bonus funds saying my trades were not at peak times with enough risk for them so they have a right to confiscate my bonus. I was shocked that a large forex broker could fathom doing this which is totally illegal.
I therefore have no other option but to leave a negative feedback. If anyone needs more details please pm me and if the nature of the question is nothing personnel i can provide a response.

kind regards

Carole,
Feb 4, 2015,

I have been working with GKFX for 1 year, Its a great Experience.
They have very Low spreads (1.5 on euro/usd ).
They respond quickly; the transfer/withdrawals are made immediately by credit Card, and without any charges.
I hardly recommend GKFX !!!

Review Moderation Team Note: Carol posted this from the same location that a GFFX employee used to contact the FPA.

Per FPA policy, the rating on this review has been set to Zero stars.

Ron X,
Israel, Israel,
Apr 15, 2012,

I am remaining anonymous as I still have an account with them and don't plan on closing it just yet. I have been trading with them for a while now and agree with nearly everything written below. I have tried them only in some very specific cases where I knew their would be trouble but wanted to sniff out who I was dealing with.
I now know for sure that they keep their servers in their own office. This was unbelievable to me at first, but basically I work in IT so I did some sniffing around with their IPs and figured out that everything was coming out of a building in central London. I checked further and found that no server farm exists there so I am left to assume that the crashes everyone is reporting is due to a platform sitting on 1 server (no redundancy and no back up).
The good thing about this broker, and their are a number of good things to be honest is their withdrawal policy (no questions - they just send the cash) and the fact that they have Spread Betting on MT4.
They on the other hand do send nasty messages to traders they don't like (scalpers and the like). But they claim to STP all traders and shouldn't care if a customer is a scalper. But they curse them out. Something is definitely off here and it's getting weirder every day. I would certainly warn traders to steer clear. Their are simply better brokers out there. I am staying away from calling them a scam - I don't think they are. I think they are probably just badly managed and have worse infrastructure. Something there isn't right - but they don't seem to be doing everything on purpose. Just reckless I guess. Not sure yet

Noltisy,
Jun 19, 2011,

Losing connectivity is expected, but the response is what we have an issue with. I expect (although in today's tech market it shouldn't happen) some sort of connectivity issue, but the response and lack of respect they show clients is horrible. I don't expect a lot, but I do expect respect and honesty when dealing with these firms, and this one has shown neither.

Nigeria,
Oct 5, 2016,

FINALY GOT MY MONEY AFTER SWEATING FOR WEEKS

After dragging and digging to hell and back i got my money today,Thank GOD,now i will never EVER E EVER come close to anything GK,before the FX comes in am OUT.BEWARE NOT TO PASS THROUGH MY EXPERIENCE just to get my own money was hell.If you like suffering to trade and suffering again to get your money then go ahead and join this broker..Its your choice.

Sep 22, 2016 - 1 Star Be advised DO NOT TRADE WITH THIS BROKER.They are totally unreliable,they don't pick calls or reply emails soon as you deposit THEN you will grind your teeth to get your withdrawal.it takes weeks to get your withdrawal if you ever you do, i have not been paid my rebates for months,my withdrawals took weeks to get before i ran away from them but yet they seized some of my money yet to be withdrawn now going into the 3rd month.when i send emails i get no reply,their customer support is never online,they are rude when they do come online..which is once in a 'GREEN' moon.i can go on and on about this Scammers..but like they say a word is enough for the wise,stay away from this broker,there are other better brokers out there.This broker will frustrate you.KEEP AWAY FROM THIS SCAM BROKER.

Aug 18, 2016 - 1 Star Nothing but thiefs and scams beware of this broker.i will only tell you if you doubt my worst experience including that of others i know then go ahead and risk your money and deposit and when its time to withdraw you will wish you took my advice.,KEEP OFF.
BIG SCAM BROKER