GKFX.com Review

Updated: Oct 2, 2020 · Visit site  · Is this your company?

GKFX is an online forex broker. GKFX offers the MetaTrader 4 and MT Mobile forex trading top platforms. GKFX.com offers over 45 currency pairs, cfds, and commodities for your personal investment and trading options.

GKFX.com
There is an FPA Traders Court guilty vote against this company.  The FPA recommends caution dealing with GKFX unless this issue can be resolved.

Other websites of this company include GKFXPrime.com, GKInvest.co.id, GKFX.eu, GKFXCambodia.com, GKFX.ru, GKFXENC.com/en/, CNGKFXPrime.com.

Formerly known as SmartLiveMarkets.co.uk

Established: 2010
Address: Bevis Marks House, 24 Bevis Marks, London, EC3A 7JB, United Kingdom
Contact: support@gkfx.com, 0044(0)2071861212
Regulators: CNB #256-2004, AMF #, BaFIN #130602, CONSOB #2915, FSA #, AFM #, CMNV #71, FI #556873-1326, DMCC #32142, FCA #501320
Trading platforms: MT4, Sirix
Cryptocurrencies: (5+)
CFD: (310+)
Deposit Methods: Bank Wire, VISA, MasterCard, Bitcoin, Qiwi, Skrill, WebMoney
Withdrawal Methods: VISA, MasterCard, Neteller, Qiwi, Skrill, WebMoney, Yandex Money

Join live discussion of GKFX.com on our forum

Max,
Belarus, Belarus,
Dec 10, 2012,

When I first heard about this broker at FF it seemed pretty good with nice spreads. From entering the site problems started.
I got to www.gkfx.com/ENG/ this was Non -regulated Pakistan firm. Ok, little browsing got me to www.gkfx.com/EN this one was UK based with regulation. After submitting long registration form I got an email asking documents for authorization, well ok I did it as in most brokers I registered. After some days I got an email that residents from my country are not registered without explanation. There was a check box while registration that I am non US citizen but NO information about other countries. When asking about gkfx.ru -Russian based firm(where it is possible to register) they told me they have nothing common with this one. Their Live Help is always offline. As the result they got my scanned documents. Guys be aware and dont send your credentials until you get your fx cabinet login and password.

anonymous,
, United Kingdom,
May 18, 2015,

I have traded for about 10 years and started using gkfx as they have a 10p pip option and i wanted to try out a few strategies i creatred.Firstly never ever try an automated EA with them as the quote will always come back invalid price.Secondly never trade ex divi shares with them as when they owe you money you have to chase it then get told to email it .Which they never reply to then they say they are sorting it but when you question them about why you are chasing it they state that you are rude and threatening which i am never.They keep all the divis as long as possible to earn interest and if you sell on a pre divi date they immediately take the divi off you.

It seems that the so call slippage is a rule to their own.I queried a spike on a chart a few weeks ago that no other broker had the market did not go there but if trading would of took you out and then you would have to chase them up again.

Rude unfair and out of all the brokers i have used the worst in the uk.CAPITAL SPREADS are the complete opposite sort the problems if you ever get any there and then over the phone something which GKFX never do

Spain,
Sep 7, 2016,

Hi, my experience with GKFX is worst than hell.. crooks are the least.. no sincere, bad price, increasing spreads how they want due to "lack of liquidity".. haha , system freezes.. stop hunting.. all tricks were used.. If somebody has made some claim and could recover his money, please PM. Thanks.

Carl,
May 30, 2012,

I joined GKFX and my account was managed by someone who used spread betting hedge strategies. This worked very well and my account grew 60% in 2 weeks. After my first withdrawal I start getting nasty e-mails from the owner, Paul, accusing me of breaching their scalping policies. I scrutinised my statements and informed him that at no time was scalping used on my account, -but positions were hedged and kept open for at least 2 minutes up to a few hours. Poor idiot did not understand the difference between scalping and hedging and my explanation fell on deaf ears...Soon afterwards my profits took a dive as my transactions were riddled with requotes and delays. It is obvious to me that GKFX/Paul set up their platform against me. One positive thing about GKFX is that they respond unbelievably fast if a winning accounts is closed and payout requested. Damn...I had my money in 3 days! I guess Paul was so relieved to get rid of someone who doubled his account in 4 weeks...haha! Just goes to show that some brokers are really not your friends and will pull the strings behind the scenes to prevent you from making a profit against them. Stay away from these type of market movers...especially GKFX. Rather use ECN brokers if your trading style allows.

Shoot2scoot,
UK,
May 18, 2011,

I echo Podberry's experience. SLM's greatest asset is the fact that they are (currently) the only UK Spreadbetting firm that offers the MT4 platform. As so many EA's are built for MT4 they have a significant captive market in the UK.

I have traded for two months with SLM and in the first month their charts froze during a key trading time. This caused me and many others to lose money. I later established that I was the first of many to complain and they offered me a refund provided I didn't mention it to anyone else! I now realise that this was because many, many others were to get nothing!

The mantra since then within SLM is, if you use and EA it's your fault not theirs. Ironic as the only reason most traders come to them in the first place is to use EAs!

In the second month I and 16 others (that I know of) started getting slow execution of orders. Typically 68 seconds late, this lasted 8 days before I left them but I believe it is still an ongoing problem. Again at key trading times, this delay was unacceptable. Also inexcusable considering I was using a very reputable VPS just around the corner from SLM! After many calls during the first problem day I was left in no doubt that I was in a 'them and us' relationship with SLM. I have kept a series of emails from Paul at SLM that were frankly rude and at no point entertained the idea that SLM could possibly be at fault. This despite the fact that many of us were using the same EA at the same time with other brokers without difficulty?

SLM are in total denial of any blame despite overwhelming evidence to the contrary. I have stopped trading with them because of their defensive/aggressive manner to customer services. I have also heard that if you are successful with them they put you into a different pool and work harder to ensure that your wins are limited. I do not however have first hand experience of this. In summary I was left in no doubt that customers are a real inconvenience to Paul at SLM, shame really when he works as Director of Trading!

anonymous,
melrose arch, South Africa,
Jun 21, 2014,

watch out, a butch of crooks,thieves and big fat liars,and they sell signals that dont work for large sums of money,thats actually FREE ONLINE,BEWARE OF THOSE GANGSTERS

Invicta,
London,
May 20, 2011,

This afternoon (Friday, May 20) at 17:55 hrs UK I lost connection with the SmartLiveMarkets servers. I called them thinking it maybe a problem on my PC and was told their systems had crashed. Their web site also went down. I asked if senior management was aware of this catastrophe and was told they had gone home.

Fortunately, this occurred when hopefully most clients would have already closed their positions and, of course, it was still possible to close positions by phone. As I write this 45 minutes later their systems are still down, which is surely indicative of a lack of redundancy in their systems.

I shall be closing my account, which is a shame because this is the only spread betting company I've found that offers the MT4 platform.

RobM,
Lincolnshire, UK,
May 21, 2011,

My summary:

NOT TRUSTWORTHY & UNRELIABLE.

My experience:

Although, initially, the customer service appeared informative, this soon deteriorated when I began to have problems. The MT4 platform froze, trades, using a reliable, proven EA, were executed late or not at all; candles appeared to open late.

I tried my best to remain calm, interested and non-blaming and initially got responses that appeared helpful from Paul, a director. However, his advice to re-install the platform and check the EA was not at fault, was weak. When I reported that these, obvious, measures had not improved things I did not even get a response.

There is more..... but what is the point in going on? IF YOU ARE NOT 100% HAPPY, CONFIDENT AND TRUSTING OF YOUR BROKER.....GET RID! There are enough risks in forex without paying people to help you lose.

I have closed my accounts with SLM and recommend that others do the same.

There is a bad smell emanating from this broker.... Stay clear.

Two Stars from me: (FPA definition: Bad - Performance is significantly below expectations. Major problems encountered) because although there was no problem withdrawing my small investment and they honoured their cash-loss-refund. I think there is something underhand going on with them and crucially, they have done nothing to allay my fears.

jimmc,
uk,
May 22, 2011,

I agree with previous posters so far. SLM have come up with the best thing since sliced bread for spread bettors in the uk, in the form of an MT4 platform for spread betting.

However it is flaky and has failed completely twice since I have used it live (3 months). I still use them with small stakes, but every morning I still get errors connecting. They insist it is an EA at fault, but that doesn't explain why people trading manually have the same problems. I have worked in IT for over 30 years and I can smell BS from a mile away when it comes to making excuses for faulty software.

I have some patience with them as they are new, and I think could be promising, so continue with small amounts of money, but I have to agree their PR is apalling. They seem to be abrupt to the point of rudeness.

Mark,
London,
Jun 1, 2011,

If this broker did not offer spread betting on MT4 and the unique (please tell me otherwise) use of EA's with spread betting, it would be one star and I would not have an account.

Their "issues" with price freezing and trade servers shutting down have been very convenient in my opinion.

The customer service is utterly dire. They basically tell you its your fault and then tell you that if you don't like it then you should close your account.

Its a real shame because the whole concept of spread betting on MT4 was fantastic - now I trade very small amounts with them only.