AMP Futures Review

AMP Global Group

Updated: Sep 3, 2020 · AMPFutures.com  · Is this your company?

AMP Futures is a stock broker. AMPFutures offers the MetaTrader 5 and other futures trading top platforms. AMPFutures.com offers over 15 currency pairs, indices, commodities, stocks, cfds, futures, option and precious metals for your personal investment and trading options.

AMP Futures
Related websites include AMPGlobal.com.

Established: 2010
Address: 221 N. LaSalle Street, 25th Floor, Chicago, IL 60601, United States
Contact: support@ampfutures.com, (800) 560-1640
Regulators: CFTC #, NFA #0412490
Trading platforms: MT5, ADL (AlgoDesignLab), AgenaTrader, ATAS (Advanced Time And Sales), CQG, CTS, FutureSource, iBroker, Investor/RT, JigsawTrading, MarketDelta, MotiveWave, MultiCharts, Qcaid, R Trader, Sierra Chart, TigerTrade, TradingView, TT (TradingTechnologies), VeloxPro - BookMap, VolFix, Zlantrader
CFD: (860+) Gold, Silver, Other Precious Metals, Stocks, Stock Indexes, Bonds, Oil, Other Commodities
EAs/Robots: Unknown
News Spike Trading: Unknown
Scalping: Unknown
Deposit Methods: Bank Wire, ACH (Automated Clearing House), Check
Withdrawal Methods: Bank Wire, ACH (Automated Clearing House), Check

Join live discussion of AMPFutures.com on our forum

Prague, Czech Republic,
Sep 2, 2020,

Customer support is a bad joke

I have been charged -108.50 USD even I haven't opened a single trade yet and then another -180 USD, the fees are shown on MT5 as a "Correction (Synchronization)". When you contact the live chat about it, you won't get an answer but you will find their support people extremely rude and unhelpful...

Mar 30, 2020,

Customer Help gave wrong info on price limits

Support guys gave wrong info on price limits. Asked them several times about circuit breakers before the Crude Oil historical gap.

The customer support guy kept directing me to 7% price limit. I asked him to double check because I see it spiked +15% or more during Drone attack so does the limit still hold on downside? He said yes. Then another support guy took over and also replied the same thing. (I wrote to CME to confirm btw but never got a reply). I went around asking in forums too btw but was ridiculed and mocked. They say circuit breakers only work on downside (never on upside) since purpose was to prevent panic.

Anyway, crude opened with gap down and went more than -32% so much for all the advice. I was very surprised because I asked AMP support more than once and they kept showing me the page with 7% price limit? Because of their incompetence, my account got wiped and now they are also asking me to pay some debit balance. Very shocking.

Imo they are either negligent OR intentionally misled clients who ask questions, to wipe their accounts. Impossible for them to be in this industry for so long and yet remain so ignorant? Is this something that can be raised to FINRA?
Dredd,
TX, USA,
Jan 24, 2020,

Horrible support, customer service

I had the same experience as most do with this firm. They don't care about their customers. They offer out date platforms for low commissions.
Gee,
United States, USA,
Jul 4, 2020,

SCAM COMPANY WITH MISINFORMATION!

AMP Futures will randomly do “corrections” on your account balance which will cause your account to go into a negative balance. They took over $270 from my account with 0 explanation and expect me to settle the negative balance. Good luck if you try to contact them about the fraudulent charges that make on your account because you will receive 0 response back from them.
John,
Eriksson, Sweden,
Aug 12, 2019,

Horrible customer service

The worst customer service I've dealt with. Always someone new that you have to bring up to speed. Slow to active account and get the ball rolling.

When requesting the update data feed no confirmation up updated datafeed supplied even though it clearly says that I should receive and email as the update is completed.

When requesting a refund for the cost of the data feed the days I didn't know it was activated I was completely shut down and the said I come turn elsewhere if I wasn't satisfied.

Since I use Motivewave that always referred me to/blamed them as It is a third-party software not supported by them.
Bologna, Italy,
Oct 16, 2019,

They don't allowed to open a real account

Ampfutures is a d***head broker, they don't allowed me to open a real account and even don't explained the reason. S*** website design. Time wasted.

Forex Trader,
, USA,
Jun 19, 2012,

AMP has the worst customer service ever. Good on fees, etc. On several occassions, I only asked a simple question, like "has my wire transfer been completed" The guy was literally yelling and got upset. These guys must trade also. They must be losing a lot of money. I have dealt with some rude reps before, but not like this.

Steve,
Scottsdale, USA,
Dec 28, 2018,

Horrid service, rude people

Amp data was 4 min old I kept getting stopped out immediately once the real time data kicked in. I called and talked to Felix, he talked over me never listened to what the problem was and then put me on hold. Came back and said its my problem not theirs. I explained I have a TD chart that is running on same internet and computer working fine so it wasn't me. He bonbared into my computer and erases a Ninja file without asking. It didn't help. It did erase all of the ATM strategies I spend hours creating though...
He tells me to call Ninja he has done all he can do it's not his issue.

If you want to be treated like sh**, talked over and not listened to when there is a problem Amp is for you. If not try another broker. Amp customer service sucks at best.

None,
USA, USA,
Jan 2, 2020,

Bad customer service and response immediately out the gate

I had high hopes for these guys and they are seriously disappointing so far.

Their customer service has been terrible and in general outright wrong. The support guy makes me wait hours because he was talking to multiple people at the time to get simple questions answered, wouldn't then sufficiently answer my questions (I was trying to give them money BTW), and then tells me the wrong information again wasting my time having me do processes to transfer the money that aren't even supported.

I have concerns about the competency so far in the first couple weeks of setting up the account. I was going to transfer more money than i am now because of my experiences which I will limit what i use with them until they can prove competency that would be expected of such a company.
EdMartin,
Madrid, Spain,
May 8, 2015,

A very bad broker with a dreadful customer service.

After a month, I don't know who my contact is. I emailed two different contacts and no answer. There is only a "Live Chat".

The special platform of Multicharts that they offer for FREE ("Multicharts Special Edition") is awful. It doesn't work, gives contradictory information and even the function "Flatten Everything" doesn't work properly.

Besides, when that happened to me, I asked for "flatten everything" to the "Live Chat" and they didn't do properly.

Fortunately, I check my daily statements every day, and that's when I found out that I had an open position with 62 pips against me. Nobody assumed any responsibility.

And what's more, for withdrawing and closing my account, I needed three requests to be executed.

Be wise. Don't play with money. Look for another broker and run away from AMP Clearing (www.ampfutures.com)