Trading212.com Review Visit site

Updated: Aug 14, 2018

Join live discussion of Trading212.com on our forum

Trading212.com profile provided by Trading 212 Customer service, Aug 22, 2016

Trading 212 is an advanced, high-performance mobile and web app for trading FOREX and CFDs.

It has been developed to support the traders with a simple, intuitive interface, millisecond execution and a wide range of professional features.

A comprehensive set of charts and technical tools puts a wealth of data and analysis on trends, news and market moves at the user’s fingertips.

The full Trading 212 experience is available across all devices — mobile and desktop. All iOS and Android users can download the free native apps.

Trading 212 is a trading name of Avus Capital UK Ltd. and Avus Capital Ltd.

Avus Capital UK Ltd. is registered in England and Wales, authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority, FCA (Register number 609146).

Avus Capital Ltd. is registered in Bulgaria and is authorised and regulated by the Financial Supervision Commission (Register number RG-03-0237).

CFDs are leveraged products. Trading CFDs is risky and requires a certain level of experience. Please ensure that you understand all the risks involved and the high probability of losing your investment.

Mar 23, 2018,

AVOID AT ALL COST

It's a scam guys...they will let your think your making money but then they take it all ... They keep changing their rules every month whereby the market is closed but their platform is almost 24/7 and it has different times.AVOID at all cost...wish someone had told me before
Reply by Trading 212 submitted Mar 26, 2018:
Trading 212 is authorised and regulated by the FCA, CySEC and the FSC. Rest assured, the service is legitimate. All clients are treated fairly. Any amendment of the trading conditions aims to manage the risk and ensure the safety of clients' funds. Please bear in mind the Practice Money Mode of all trading accounts includes a Weekend trading feature that is turned on by default. This option provides simulated quotes during the weekends, when the market is closed. Should you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact the customer care team to address them.
Brackley, United Kingdom,
Mar 21, 2018,

Possibly the best support

The support seems good, and their fee's seem reasonable to me. If you have any questions or concerns they have seriously competent support available 24/7 who can help you. I really enjoy their platform.
Reply by Trading 212 submitted Mar 26, 2018:
Thanks for your kind words, Jack. Wishing you successful trading with Trading 212.
Warsaw, Poland,
Jan 24, 2018,

Trusted

Fast customer support.
Easy going platform so great for new traders to learn the ropes.
Wide range of indicators, news, and even technical patterns analysis now.

I have also cross-referenced their analysis / predictions and they are correct about 70/80% of the time on them.

I would agree with other users that their crypto trading experience is lacking. But that is not surprising due to the past years’ volatility. The bubble was indeed so large that when I was using the demo acc 5 months ago I doubled my money on crypto in 12 hours. I don’t blame them for changing the rules of the game, it’s a young market.

Now I use a live account and went from around 100£ to around 1000£ in two months. Admittedly this was from scalping, but I am very new to the industry.

Recently stopped sending me daily analysis but I guess people were taking it as face value and losing out lol.

They DID take off trade bird and whilst some users were helping each other out, i believe that it was distracting and obvs. Their ‘hints’ were nothing compared to the pro advice from the broker itself. However, you are still able to access Tradebird I believe.

Less range of stocks than other brokers (still numbering in the hundreds however).

Regulated by a number of European agencies. I also took due dilliegence to check out the financial health of the company and all seems to be healthy so no reason to rob people. It’s younger than the other brokers so time will tell how big it grows.

However, unfortunately the regulator may soon restrict ALL European brokers to 30:1 leverage and even 10:1 on CFD’s excluding gold. 30:1? I don’t get the ESMA’s game. We play this game to take risks, otherwise we would put our money on eToro or an actual investment account. Don’t they realise that it will drive us to unregulated brokers in corrupt countries? These brokers CLEARLY outline our risks. Tradin* 212 doesn’t offer golden roofs, or empty dreams.

I trusted this broker with my 100 quid, and I’m not disappointed. Yea you can lose money, but you can also make it.
Doha, Qatar,
Jan 23, 2018,

Excellent despite a number of frustrations. Highly recommend

Seen a lot of negative reviews on here and thought I would put in my tuppence worth. Firstly, the platform itself is excellent. One of the best I've used, great detail and highly intuitive. In terms of retrieving payments they have been excellent. Yes, you have to complete a number of forms and there are occasional delays but they have honored all withdrawals for a very large 6 figure sum for me. Only reason I haven't given them 5 stars is firstly, they amended their crypto trading to force close options on a weekly basis, I guess to protect from volatility but it means it cost me on a number of long term options. Secondly, they eventually closed my account mainly due to the high values I was withdrawing which is a real shame as its by far my favorite platform . Despite this, they have been incredibly responsive, very professional and paid me everything I was due with my 30x profit on investment. The lady Vesela Dimitrova in particular was very professional and very responsive and ensured everything was in order. I only wish they wold allow me to keep trading. Despite my disappointment would have to say highly recommended, just keep your returns below the 1/4m mark!
Amsterdam, Netherlands,
Jan 8, 2018,

Dont trade with Trading 212

thay are a scam broker watch out!!! Dont trade with trading 212 !!! they are not regulated by bafin or else because they are an bulgarian broker! I was trading there for almost three years and know what iam talking about!
greets
Reply by Trading 212 submitted Jan 16, 2018:
Dear Kai, Trading 212 is authorised and regulated by the FCA, CySEC and the FSC. Rest assured, the service is legitimate. Should you like to further address the matter, please feel free to contact the customer care team.
Ireland,
Dec 7, 2017,

Good and Bad.

I've had both good and bad with Trading212. Good for some options, but UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES trade crypto with them. far too many shady dealing with them over the years, culminating in their infamous 'freeze' recently during bullrun on Bitcoin Cash, and then the subsequent alteration of their margin requirements for crypto's. if you are showing consistent profits on a certain instrument, they will limit the amount of money you can bet on a trade. For example, €20k account, and i cannot trade Bitcoin, only the .1 version, and then only 1 buy at a time. And then you can only trade it for a week, all orders are cut every friday morning, so you cannot double up and overlap.

Rather oddly, they still charge commissions, whereas a lot of brokers these days don't. Their spreads are pretty fair, and their customer service is ok. Software is easy to use and intuitive.
Singapore,
Dec 4, 2017,

Best Customer Service Ever

Been using trading212 about close to 2 years. Never once disappoint me yet! Thank you so much
D, South Africa,
Dec 1, 2017,

SCAM COMPANY - MANUALLY CLOSE YOUR OPEN POSIIONS IN THE MARKETS WHEN THEY ARE IN THE NEGATIVE, IF YOU INVEST $10,000 ON A TRADE AND THE TRADE IS DOWN $5,000 HEY HAVE THE RIGHT TO JUST CLOSE YOUR TRADE AT A LOSS AND KEEP YOUR $10,000, IF YOU HAVE BEEN SCAMMED BY TRADING212 CONTACT YOUR BANK AND AUTHORIZE A CHARGE BACK, I mean what license allows you to close off your clients trades at a loss, a trading account should be treated as another online banking account with your money in your account, nobody should have access to your account, yet they have access to your account to do with what they please or what thy feel right is for there companys risk exposure at the expense of the clients. do not invest with trading212!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SCAM

Nov 30, 2017 - 1 Star This company is a joke - if you looking to trade on bitcoin or crypto currencies do not invest with them, the company will not allow you trade on bitcoin when it is increasing through the roof and will only allow you to keep a trade open for not even a full week before they manually close the trade for you because the are scared clients will make too much money , bottom line is the company makes its money off customer loss an if the clients are winning too much the company cant afford to pay out the winnings, marqin requirements go up to 95% lol and thats if you lucky you will get the chance to open 1 unit. DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME AND MONEY RATHER INVEST IN ACTUAL BITCOIN make love to THE OPTIONS MARKET AND make love to TRADING 212
Nov 29, 2017,

Could be great........but isn't.

I've been using Trading212 for a couple of years and have found them to be good, really excellent phone app and desktop version.
However, they do these manipulative aggressive tricks from time to time where 'the instrument can't be accessed at the moment' error comes up and you miss out on profits, your stops get swallowed up etc.
They did kill off a couple of my trades (one being a buy in Ethereum which has now sky rocketed) today because I was in Bitcoin Mini and decided to immediately change the margin requirements thus bringing my margin from about 60% to less than 25%. The message didn't state what the margin requirements would be or when it would happen. Citing that it was due to the volatility and protecting the clients. Bitcoin wasn't volatile at the time, just rising and there have been much more volatile instruments out there without such changes before.
After numerous chat messages I managed to get the Bitcoin margin requirements out of them and it went from 6% to 90%, so of course closing positions.......just because they decided to do so......instantly with a few minutes warning.
Also, as mentioned in another review, Tradebird no longer works so people can't share their experiences with eachother which seems like another aggressive move.
I would say use them at arms length with the view just to gain a bit extra pocket money but I couldn't imagine using them to earn a living with.
Spain,
Nov 22, 2017,

High quality customer service.

Margin trading is always risky. Offering great potential profits is nice, but what convinces me from a trading platform is how good I'm secured in bad scenarios. I've had different experiences trading as amateur in this platform, and luckily I know how in the bad moments they have cared about me as customer, respecting my money and trying to secure my capital.