Tickmill Review

Updated: Jun 26, 2020 · Tickmill.com  · Is this your company?

Tickmill is forex broker. Tickmill offers the MT4 and MT4 WebTrader trading currency platforms. Tickmill.com offers over 60 currency pairs, gold, sliver, bonds and cfds for your personal investment and trading options.

Tickmill
Other websites of this company include TickmillPrime.com.

Established: 2015
Address: 3, F28-F29 Eden Plaza, Eden Island, Mahe, Seychelles
Contact: support@tickmill.com, +852 5808 2921
Regulators: CySEC #278/15, FSA-S #SD 008, FCA #717270
CFD: (20+) Gold, Silver, Stock Indexes, Bonds, Oil
Deposit Methods: Bank Wire, VISA, MasterCard, FasaPay, Globe Pay, Local Bank Transfers, Neteller, Ngan Luong, Qiwi, Skrill, SticPay, UnionPay
Withdrawal Methods: Bank Wire, VISA, MasterCard, FasaPay, Globe Pay, Local Bank Transfers, Neteller, Ngan Luong, Qiwi, Skrill, SticPay, UnionPay

Join live discussion of Tickmill.com on our forum

Tickmill.com profile provided by Tickmill, Nov 10, 2016

Tickmill is an award-winning global ECN broker, authorized and regulated by the FCA of the United Kingdom and the FSA of Seychelles. Tickmill offers its retail and institutional clients various trading services with a prime focus on Forex, Stock Indices, Commodities, CFDs and Precious Metals. The Company has distinguished itself among global ECN Forex brokers by providing excellent services with low spreads, some of the industry’s lowest ECN commissions and ultra-fast execution with the state-of-the-art London trading servers located at Equinix LD4 data center. Our team members have trading experience that goes back to 1989 and we have successfully traded all major financial markets from Asia to North America.

In June 2016, Tickmill recorded a monthly trading volume of $49.1 billion, followed by a record-high trading volume of $51.7 billion in July, which makes it one of the largest retail Forex brokers in the world.

South Africa,
Aug 14, 2018,

Scam broker who spikes spreads and refuse to pay out IB funds

I have submitted evidence that this broker spikes the spread and even manipulate prices. I was an IB for this broker until I found out about their devious ways. Now they have moved my IB account and I cannot access it. They refuse to answer my e-mails about my IB account. I saw other IB's having the same problem. This broker is dishonest and only want to take all your money and refuse to pay out the I funds I have earned. I advise all my students to stay away from this broker and use them actually as an example of a scam broker in my training classes proving it with many charts.

Mar 14, 2018 - 1 Star I was an IB of this broker until I noticed how they spike the spread to sometimes 20 times the normal value. They also gap the prices.
Now I wanted to withdraw any commissions earned as an IB but my IB account is nowhere to be found. After many efforts with their support the problem is still not resolved which means i will NEVER get the money owed to me from them.

Nov 22, 2017 - 1 Star I have tried for about a month now to resolve some issues with Tickmill that caused me to have losses, but they refuse to answer my complaints directly. They avoid direct answers and keep on trying to pin the problem on my EA. I have sent them detailed data about the fact that my EA works perfectly on other brokers and it is not the problem, but they will not admit to their devious practices, which are the following:
1. They spike their spread every now and then with sometimes up to 5 times or more the normal spread - and its NOT during news releases!
2. They manipulate the price to sometimes have large gaps.
All these manipulations causes StopLosses to be triggered unecessary as well as trades open that never should have opened.
I have compared the same situations with another broker and the same manipulations does not appear there with their spreads staying evenly during the same time period and their prices also staying stable instead of showing huge gaps.

Reply by Tickmill submitted Aug 21, 2018:
Hi Ernest02,
As we highly value transparency, we would like to investigate your claims. Please share with me your trading account number, IB number and email address.
Kiev, Ukraine,
Jul 29, 2018,

The best for me. It is the first broker I satisfied with

Hello
I love the way Tickmill UK treated me as a client. Support is doing their job very well.
I also saw a great price improvements for my stop orders (real account) during high volatility news a week ago. So positive slippage is a reality too here :)
I will miss leverage 1:500 since I could not be qualified as professional trader at the moment :(
And they have very nice website from usability point of view

P.S.
Moved to the TICKMILL (FSA of Seychelles) for now
and expecting to have the same high level of service quality

Matara, Sri Lanka,
Jul 24, 2018,

Withdrawal not processed. Support service is bad.

My trading account live-2
Account ID - 110911

I requested for withdrawal but yet it processed, I contacted their support team and poor responds. In different time period they told varies reasons but I need my money back. I have bring trading with them long time and they are good till past few months, something to think about to move into another broker if they play with clients money like this, think twice if they deny you to withdraw money is worthy or not to invest with them, I rated 3 stars 5 trading days passed and I am expecting withdrawal process today if not 0% reliable is tickmill. Achually 24 hours is the dead line, work for your word, don't steal money from innocent, if you process my money I leave 4 or more star rating.

Expecting a reply.

Reply by Tickmill submitted Jul 26, 2018:
Hi Fahim-real,

We understand your frustration, however as we received a big load of payments over the last week, there was a delay in the processing. We prioritize withdrawals on a first-come, first-served basis and it seems that there was a number of other requests before you made yours.

Our records show that your withdrawal has already been processed. Should you experience any further issues, please do not hesitate to contact our support team --> https://tickmill.com/support/

Thank you for your patience and apologies for any inconvenience caused.
Istanbul, Turkey,
Jun 17, 2018,

I have been trading for 5 years ( actually I should not count the first 2 years when I was in rookie league) and tried approx. 11 companies for my Fx trades.
Nowadays I've been trading with Tickmill more than a half year, to ensure all traders they are really reliable and easy to contact. I am not sure if the spreads are the best, but what I've learned in Fx world is, if the company is not earning from you somehow then it means you are very close to being frauded :) so my essential issue is not spread ( for sure not very wide one are acceptable).
When I have an issue or question my account manager calls me 10 times a day after I sent an email to him(thanks to Evan Georgiou).
About withdrawals, 24 hours to my account or credit card.
Lastly, since now 100% reliable.

Hi Sayrin,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review here.

Driven by the desire to help traders succeed, we offer a reliable and high-performing trading ecosystem that traders can truly trust. Thank you for the positive feedback and we look forward to continuing providing our services to you.
Saudi Arabia,
Jun 4, 2018,

You can not with this company and there is no support you feel that you are working in the desert prices different from the real market prices prices are more than the market price from 10 to 20 points they do everything to lose interest only lose

Dear Mahmoudyhia84,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review here.

At Tickmill we take pride in providing a reliable service for our clients and we work hard to ensure that all our clients’ queries are efficiently responded to. In the interest of transparency, we would ask you to share your account number with us, as well as trade numbers and a clear description of your issue so we can investigate and provide you with a more accurate response.
Surrey, United Kingdom,
May 27, 2018,

In my opinion they just don't care about the customer

Found Tickmill great until you want to withdraw funds. Suddenly your paperwork is incorrect and they blame you for their inefficiency. I have had a withdrawal sent to the wrong Bank, who bounced it back to Tickmill. Tickmill has denied the bounce back and keep quoting a number (to prove them correct) that is not recognized within the legal or Banking profession. Tickmill's emails to me just inform me to be patient, After 3 weeks of trying to talk to them, I am no nearer to getting my money from them. Traders Beware that's my advice.

Hi onlyme,
Thank you for taking time to leave a review here.

As a group of companies regulated by a total of three authorities, we practice due diligence with all our paperwork.

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused, however as the original bank account provided was not the correct one, we had to wait until the sum was back into our account before we could process the payment again. Unfortunately, getting the funds back sometimes takes a very long time which is beyond our control.
Should the issue still be pending, please let us know so that we can further investigate.
Nikolay,
Cambridgeshire, United Kingdom,
Apr 23, 2018,

Good and reliable broker

I want to share my opinion about Tickmill with the rest of the Forex community. I have been using them for just over 3 months now and have done sufficient number of trades in order to be able to assess the quality of their service (as per today). Below are the reasons for the 5 stars that I gave them:
1. Opening an account - fairly easy. It took about a week, which I guess they needed to check all my documents (bear in mind that they are FCA regulated, so have to follow certain standards).
2. Money transfer - very easy - did it with bank transfer which appeared in my account the following day. No fees either (but bear in mind that I`m located in UK as is Tickmill).
3 Execution - I`m fairly confident that they are a TRUE ECN broker. I have 3 accounts with different brokers running the same EA`s with same strategies/settings on all of them. I`ve done this in order to minimize the risk if something happens with a broker and also to be able to monitor and compare their execution. So, as you can imagine it is very easy to spot any dodgy practice on any of them. I can say that all 3 brokers (including Tickmill) have similar execution so far and haven`t noticed anything unusual - for example on several cases I had trades that at a point were very close (within few pips) to Stop Loss but it was not reached on any of the accounts. The only downside that I`ve notice with Tickmill is that they have slightly higher spreads on some pairs between the end of NY and beginning of Asian markets. With that being said the difference with the other 2 brokers is that my Tickmill EA`s open less trades during that particular time (due to spread restriction on the EA`s) but then again the outcomes across the 3 accounts/brokers is consistent.
I hope the above review will help other people when choosing a broker - something that took me weeks of research:( . I`m sure we all agree that good practices should be nourished while bad practices should be discouraged!
Wish you all profitable trades!

Nik
P.S. I will post similar reviews on the FPA pages of my other 2 brokers so don`t get suspicious if you see that review more then once:)!

SG, Singapore,
Apr 5, 2018,

Commissions not paid!!!

My introducer, who is an IB, has not had his commission paid out for months. Every withdrawal is dragged till now.

colombo, Sri Lanka,
Jan 24, 2018,

scamm broker and robbers

account number -2096759588,tickmill is a scammers,they cheat my money,i trade from welcome account and request to withdraw then they say my ip number use for many account,belive me it is a lie ,becouse they always try to rob your money,if you want to try,they will rob your money

Spain, Spain,
Jan 22, 2018,

Low commissions and good support

Been trading with Tickmill for about 6 months now, one of the best experiences I have had with a broker, low commissions and great support, couldn't ask for anything else, to be honest.

Seria, Brunei Darussalam,
Jan 20, 2018,

ID and bank statement is not enough for registration?? WTF?? I have wasted almost 1 month trying to register through FSA of Seychelles and they remove my registration instantly. They are so strict for this. I have tried this for 4 times and still no approval. I hope this time if I register for FCA UK regulated they will approve it or else I am done with this bullshit. How can I trust my money to them if trying to register already pain in the neck. What about withdrawing money from them in the future?? do they still will want more proof and other shit stuff?? Stupid broker

Anton,
Moscow, Russian Federation,
Jan 12, 2018,

Paid profit made on crypto

Just small update: made $3000 on December BTC spike, paid all my profit without any hassle or additional account scrutiny. Got a call just to make sure I submitted the withdrawal and account owner. Broker appears to be legit for me know, truly A-book model at least on BTC pair. Highly recommended

May 28, 2016 - 5 Stars Have small less than 1K account to occasionally join bulls&bears camps during important economic and financial events. Being a keen volatility hunter it was really a tough challenge for me to find suitable platform. Though Tickmill is relatively small it respects and considers traders' needs, works on execution quality and support. As for me its a perfect choice for 0.01-0.5 lot news trading as execution is well above amateur trader needs. I rate them 5 and encourage traders to join this broker.

Malaysia,
Jan 12, 2018,

I'm with Tickmill for last 3 years. They are excellent broker with very low spread (unless during news) and fast deposit and withdrawal process.

Khaled,
France,
Dec 29, 2017,

If here is zero star i will give them .. after took profits they dont want pay .. after submitting my docs they asked me others proof to can withdraw .. they said me the passport is not enough .. i sent too my ID card they said again not enough .. !!!! I dont know what i can send again ... !! I can say this broker is scam...

Turkey, Turkey,
Dec 12, 2017,

Could not withdraw my money, money went trash.

I have been working with them for like 6 months. During the trades I have not come across any problem. Fills, take profits, stop losses are quite good. Spreads are favorable.

But when it comes to withdrawing money I want to share my bad experience with them. I never withdrawed any money quite a while. When I first requested withdraw all went nice. They paid back to my card that I deposited money with. But after 15 days I could not see money on my account. They said withdraw processed succesfuly on our side and gave me ARN code. But my bank could not see the money. Also they can not verify ARN code in here Turkey. No bank use this code in Turkey. I asked my bank a lot and they could not give me any positive answer. I went back again Tickmill and they did not give me any solution as well. They ask an official letter from my bank that states they can not track the money via ARN code but they said that we can not prepare that document. My bank said that in order to investigate this process we need a receipt. Tickmill refuse giving receipt and giving answer about which way use while they sending the money.

So at the and it looks like my money went to trash. The amount was not that big. I expected maybe Tickmill can handle this process for once in my favour for further cooperations. I am thinking working with another company now. Its just disappointment for a company I thought they were nice but can not give me solution.

UFA, Russian Federation,
Dec 11, 2017,

Is tickmill a real ECN broker

Hello,
Is Tickmill really a non dealing desk broker???

I am including a chat with their representative, the decision is yours.

"Tristan
Hello, Tickmil is dealing desk or non dealing desk? I mean true ecn or not?
Chat started
Client Support
Hello Tristan. Our chat operator will help you in a moment.
Athen joined the chat
Hello
Tickmill is a FCA UK and FSA Seychelles regulated broker with a fully automated no dealing desk (NDD) execution model providing to our clients liquidity from global top tier banks and larger hedge funds.
Tristan
may I know please about your liquidity providers?
Athen
we are ultimately connected to many top tier banks and liquidity providers. In terms of the execution speed, average spreads and trading commissions, we provide one of the best service in the industry.
Tristan
Yeah, But the thing is most of the brokers are telling the same thing but actually there liquidity providers are related with them in one way or other. SO, I want to feel safe about Tickmill Before trading large amounts. I want to know the names of your liquidity providers and some kind of prrof
Athen
Sorry we do not give the names of the Liquidity providers
Tristan
So, there is no way to show proof that tickmill true non dealing broker?
Athen
You can check our regulation if you like
However we do not give the information of our liquidity providers
Tristan
Regulation doesn't prove anything about broker type. There are 100s of regulated broker who are actually scamming people everyday
I think you can't help me with this issue
We are regulated
I can not advise you on other companies regulation
Tristan
ok thanks athen take care
You're Welcome"

Dec 6, 2017 - 1 Star Hello,
I am MD Foysal Khan Akash. I have a terrible experience with Tickmill. I am a student, came from a foreign country studying in Russia. I tried to open an account with Tickmill under UK regulation. I have provided them with 4 kinds of proof of address. Bank statement, Official registration paper of my address, Telephone Contract paper (including my address), Dormitory certificate, After all this, they just saying to register under Seychelles regulation.
I am including a chat:

"Akash
Hello
If tickmill creates problem like don't pay the clients what are the options for clients? I mean what is the security or guarantee about client's investment?
Chat started
Natalja joined the chat

Hello
Our client funds are segregated. We use top-tier global banks, such as Barclays and Ceska Sporitelna A.S. and others.
If anything would happen to Tickmill, then you would become our creditor.
Under the FCA UK regulation there is the protection of funds by the FSCS (www.fscs.org.uk) up to the amount of 50,000 GBP per retail client.
Akash
And What about Seychelles?
Natalja
There is no such protection under the FSA Seychelles regulation.
Akash
So, that's why you don't want to accept client under uk regulation so easily
It's not fair
Natalja
The regulators' rules might differ regarding the documents.
We request more documents under the FCA UK regulation.
Akash
How many proof of address do you need for one person to verify the identity?
It depends..
At least 1.
Have you registered with us already?
I am interested
So, tell me for one foreigner residing in another country need to provide how many proof of address?
Natalja
May I know the reason of you asking this?
Akash
Because I am a foreign student studying in Aeronautical Science in Russia. I am already living here for the past 3 years and planning to stay here.
I tried open my account and get validated under uk regulation and you guys are just playing with me\
for the last 1 month
Natalja
May I know your name, please?
Akash
I already called once in Uk office also
It's MD Foysal Khan Akash
Natalja
We sent you an e-mail today
Please proceed in accordance to it.
Yeah it's just unjust
I have provided 5 types of verification and you are denying everything
Now you are saying To register under FSA seychelles
I have one question only. IF you can't validate my proof of address via 5 documents under uk regulation. how will you verify it under
FSA seychelles?
Natalja
Please upload them to your Client Area under the FSA Seychelles regulation.
if you have any questions then please contact us via e-mail
Akash
You know what maybe I will invest here 100000$ but If i don't have the guarantee, how can I invest my money????
Are you guys don't understand anything?
Natalja
If you need any assistance regarding the registration then please ask them to us via e-mail.
Have a nice evening!"

If you just read it, You will understand why they just don't allow clients under uk regulation. Because in this way, thier chance to scam people will be lesser.

They wasted 1 month of my time. All I now want is my account to be validated under UK not seychelles.

Настя,
Тамбов, Russian Federation,
Dec 4, 2017,

reliable choice

Greetings from Russia! So far so good, decent platform with an access to Bitcoin OTC contracts and reasonable spreads. I don’t see a reason to hold purely speculative asset that is Bitcoin, while catching profit taking moves peak after peak with hands down is the luckiest time I’ve ever had in my trading career. Looking forward to see leverage increased on BTCUSD I suppose they will loosen grip on margin after CME futures launch. Also I hold some long-term positions on DAX and UK blue chip index FTSE 100 and make forex bets time to time if I see a valid opportunity. Superb services with safe FCA license, I think Tickmill deserves AAA rate. No complaints so far.

egypt, Egypt,

this my acounnt 72303 in tickmill

Ha Noi, Viet Nam,
Aug 30, 2017,

Great broker recommended

Doing some price action with this broker, fast and responsive MT4 platform, low enough spreads on ECN pro, perfect fit for newbies. Although I’ve tried some NFP trades both was extremely good at order fills, waiting for this Friday for my third attempt. Hope they won’t let me down as big money at stake.

Overal rating is 10 from 10. No drawbacks so far.

ecc,
Morocco,
Jul 18, 2017,

HUG SPREAD !!!

far as far can you say xerof !ashfaq1990!Mikhail!
i ve many argument,
about spread , i dont know see any dangerous spread like thes
even if trading news all the same hug spread grow till around 25 PTS
if you use eventualy tide sl will occure fail your position
also is mutch occure with order limit
finaly all think must be keep far from this broker
maket maker.........

Sagar,
Mumbai, India,
Jul 13, 2017,

Fraud Company. One of their representative name - Sumit Lakeshri in India took 12,000 INR from me to deposit funds in Tickmill & now since last 20 days his number is switch off. Fraud company & fraud executive. Don't attend Call from Tickmill

Croatia,
Jun 12, 2017,

Excellent broker. Very fast deposits/withdrawals and very good spreads and commissions. I additionaly lowers spread because I use forex rebate.

Bangladesh,
Jun 5, 2017,

I used almost one year.and i think they are good broker.They have tight spread.

Mikhail,
Moscow, Russian Federation,
May 27, 2017,

Highly recommend them, they are fair broker

account #2004255116

Hey guys I wanted to share my views on this broker. I'm doing manual trading with them from August 2016, And here is my account with them http://www.myfxbook.com/members/woodcutter/pulse-tickmill-real/1757067

As a proof they are ECN you can check their institutional branch https://www.tickmillprime.com, they offer liquidity for other brokers.

Also I don't care about spreads much, I still had some cases during news trading where they reimbursed some of my loss due to off market fill, for example on French elections during first round I had my pending order filled with slippage, I told them my second broker didn't have slippage and they just credited me that amount. They are 100% honest as they care about clients and do entertain our requests.

Morocco,
May 23, 2017,

hug slippage

i was trading with him 4 month ,first time is ok but latest time hug slippage is occurred ,if cause for me hug of loss, also i decide to continue with them, 4 time of slippage = total loss all my fund , finaly i denied and keep in safe with another broker , i suggest the all trader keep away from this broker