FNG and DTS Daily Trade Plans Summary - Friday, August 9 2013

Peter O

Special Consultant to the FPA

--–––––——————————————————————————————————————–––––--

Forex News Gun Trade Plan

Canada Employment Change - 8:30am NY time (Friday, August 9)

--–––––————————————————————–––––--​

Traded pairExpected figureDeviation trigger
CADJPY10.0 (k)±20.0 (k)
BuyCADJPYif actual figure is or is above30.0 (k)
SellCADJPYif actual figure is or is below-10.0 (k)

Expected move during first minutes after the release is pips or more.

Review historical charts where the same deviation of at least 20.0 (k) occurred:

Canada Employment Change history of charts.

Once there, set filter to Difference Actual-Forecast >= 20.0 and click "Filter" to see list of charts.

To review Forex News Gun step by step trade plan go to weekly detailed posts.

--–––––————— FNG Configuration —————–––––--

Release name in FNG client: STCA Canada Net Change in Labo

Clicks: first row is for Sell CADJPY button, second one is for Buy CADJPY button:

--–––––——————————————————————————————————————–––––--​

Last edited by a moderator:
Peter, I'd like to say there is a big speed improvement this time, as the Canada Employment Change data came out very sharp at 8:30:00 from FNG this time. My "Sell" button was clicked sharply at 8:30:00. It was great!

However, I still entered around the bottom of the first spike because of the broker's delay (filled at 8:30:04) and spread (it moved too fast for me to remember). I managed to get out quickly with 2 pips gain by luck before the price reversed. It is quite frustrating. To trade with FNG, we need a broker with fast execution and low spread.

Peter, which broker are you using / would you recommend?

BTW, I started trading with DTS lately based on your suggestions, and it worked out quite well for me. Thank you very much for your tips. Really appreciate that.

It's good to hear that you get the signal in time also. Hmm, perhaps it's a good idea to write a tool for MT4 that registers FNG (and DTS) parameters and trader would be able to follow the whole process with delays, spread and so... (a note made).

I don't want to be specific about brokers because it's not fair for ones I leave out. ECNs/NDDs (STPs) seem better choice in this case.

Back