FNG and DTS Trade Plans for Week 33, Aug 11 – Aug 17 2013

hi Peter, could You tell Us what trading platform U find best?

I didn't use too many platforms with FNG but I think platform is one thing and server configuration plus connection to liquidity providers is another. For example some brokers work fine with MT4 and others don't. Or I remember a broker specific platform that reacted very quickly but broker widened spread greatly (20 pips) so it became a pipcemetery quickly. In short, a broker can operate virtually any platform well making it possible for us to make pips with Forex News Gun.

I've been watching the FNG threads and finally tried it on the 2 listed for this morning (Thurs).

It seemed simple enough and I thought I set them up properly, but something went wrong. The one that should have gotten triggered at 4:30 didn't place an entry order until 4:36, and lost pips. (demo money)

I don't know what I did wrong. My demo account is with FXCM, don't know if that's a problem. Guess I need to reread the instructions. Any ideas what I might have done wrong?

Thanks for the FNG & signals.

I've been watching the FNG threads and finally tried it on the 2 listed for this morning (Thurs).

It seemed simple enough and I thought I set them up properly, but something went wrong. The one that should have gotten triggered at 4:30 didn't place an entry order until 4:36, and lost pips. (demo money)

I don't know what I did wrong. My demo account is with FXCM, don't know if that's a problem. Guess I need to reread the instructions. Any ideas what I might have done wrong?

Thanks for the FNG & signals.

Even if it had been demo and only a few pips (as far as I remember the market) 6 minute lag is huge. Since I'm just fighting with several second lag at the maximum (this is because I'm about to upgrade server side) I can only think of a temporary local or regional issue. I assume that you did everything right as the click finally came and USA Core CPI didn't trigger. (You left hh/mm/ss/ms fields blank, right?)

The "normal" worst case scenario is a 2-4 second reaction time (to actual release time and not to the clock - AUD, NZD and JPY releases are often inaccurate) together with a sudden market reversal - that is to enter along with an apparently forming trend at exactly the turning point. (This happens sometimes anyway even when reaction time is under 100ms.)

So the reason of this 6 minutes might be something exceptional. Please go on with Forex News Gun demo tests and let me know how it comes in again - then I need to start thorough investigation.

Even if it had been demo and only a few pips (as far as I remember the market) 6 minute lag is huge. Since I'm just fighting with several second lag at the maximum (this is because I'm about to upgrade server side) I can only think of a temporary local or regional issue. I assume that you did everything right as the click finally came and USA Core CPI didn't trigger. (You left hh/mm/ss/ms fields blank, right?)

The "normal" worst case scenario is a 2-4 second reaction time (to actual release time and not to the clock - AUD, NZD and JPY releases are often inaccurate) together with a sudden market reversal - that is to enter along with an apparently forming trend at exactly the turning point. (This happens sometimes anyway even when reaction time is under 100ms.)

So the reason of this 6 minutes might be something exceptional. Please go on with Forex News Gun demo tests and let me know how it comes in again - then I need to start thorough investigation.

My ping time on the FNG is usually 15ms and I did not make any entries into the time spaces. I wasn't watching the chart since it was at 4:30 a.m. I will continue testing with FNG. News trading is the first method that I have found which makes sense to me and isn't overly complicated.

thanks,

Back