• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Discuss EToro.com

General discussions of a financial company
Dear Stephen

Thank you for sharing your eToro experience with the trading community. I am sorry that your experience seems to have been negative, however, the terms and conditions you mentioned here are in no way unique to eToro. On the contrary they are common to most if not all online forex brokers. The reason for this is that there is absolutely no way to guarantee that the market will ever reach the exact price level of your order, thus the most we can guarantee is to execute your order at the next available price that will cause you the least losses.

During times of volatility it is perfectly normal for the market to experience big spikes and shortages of liquidity which mean that sometimes the target price of your order is never reached.
As for connection failures, I absolutely trust that you have experienced connectivity issues, but I assure you that most of our traders don’t have these issues. In fact from the experience that you describe, it is perfectly logical for the platform to have trouble connecting when there is another trading platform open, which takes up a lot of your bandwidth.

Nevertheless, if you have experienced any losses due to connectivity issues we will be more than happy to consider a compensation. Please write to us at social@etoro.com with the details, and we will do our best to accommodate you.

Wishing you a successful trading experience and a happy new year,
Laura, eToro Team

My very harsh and honest review on eToro

For website layout and user-friendly - eToro is rated one of the best.
Platform? - Only Webtrader and Andriod Phone, NO IPHONE or even IPAD.
webtrader -> The webtrader is sometime a problem with its login issue, few occasion i have to tried multiple times and even seek live support for help, in order to be logged in; and after being questioned, the chat personnel just replied " I am not sure why ".

And indeed, this happened when i am trading on profits. I have 3-4 occasions from this. This build up my desperate and emotional trading on few occasion when i needed to do changes and enter my trades.

I have to give thumbs up for Andriod trading - it recently have improved! However, one bad issue, when you execute the trade, you need to wait, if u click it too fast, it will have 2 open instead of only 1!. And there should be more technical stuff inside this andriod platform, and news from outside NOT ETORO Blog; fundamental traders relied these information! and not late updates or blogging.

The funny thing on their website is that when you tried to post a comment ( they banned Http or www ) too much fear.; it says you are not logged in even when you are. And they banned some words on etoro chat; no freedom of speech. Some words of advice to the community trader there but they refused to let these noobs learned. All simply gamblers X 400 , x200 and stupidity trading during volatile period where pips fluctuate and major news set in. Easier for them to earn money.

I won't be surprised that etoro may also studied consumer's P&L, and if they are high leverage player, they will trade against them! 25 pips after - spread probably 23-18 pips only to HIT SL!. It's so easy, even primary school know the maths. You can earn more against trader rather than spreads; and i forgot! Its against gamblers and not traders.

I tried to enter high leverage before during spot, but just always missing the boat. ONE CLICK execution, and they also closed certain orders where other brokers are running.

Now read for real content:
What eToro cultivates; what kind of trader you will be transforming into
There are a number of so-called Guru you may find on eToro. And openbook that displays and show the number of Top Traders with their amazing green percentage over the different period of time span such as weekly, monthly, quarterly, 6 months and yearly on their profile portfolio.The Copytrader allows these top traders to recruit more copiers; and through active and real copiers these guru earns commission and revenue. That was one of primary feedback that deteriorate positive trading ethnic and ruined good traders that are blinded by these incentives that makes them emotional and irrational.

The winning percentage on eToro is totally nonsensical due to its high leverage trading. eToro allows up to 1:400 leverage on their trading system. To professional and seasoned trader; one would clearly define this no difference from gambling; if you disagree this statement you can try it out on eToro’s Live Trading account and soon you will have to agree with me.

eToro Open Book
This is a true history result on eToro. NUCCHIA

Analysis on the top players on eToro’s copytrader recommendation and top 50 weekly live trading competition on eToro.

eToro Open Book – Nucchia

If you notice this fellow is often one of the top 10 in the weekly etoro live trading competition, but if you monitor him closely and look into his trade performance and history. You may identify him as a opportunist and a gambler.

In one lucky week; Nucchia have a record of winning more than $100,000 during one of those shorting weeks for EUR/USD. Majority of his traders are high leverage between 1:200 and 1:400. And Nucchia focus mostly on EUR/USD, AUD/USD and NZD/USD. This is mainly due to these 3 pairs are the cheapest and most liquid to trade with on eToro with 3, 2 , 2 pips spreads respectively. If you happened to copy him on that week; you are lucky, but if you copy him on long term you are a FOOL.

Perhaps Nucchia is one of those rich guy out there who trade forex like its poker and its a game. Investment is always talking about retaining profits and real growth performance over a period of time. Not quick gains that are short term.

If you started out in a small investment amount and have winning spree on High leverage trades; its no surprise that you may even be listed on eToro’s top trader broadcast, there are some cases where traders earn more than 1000% on their portfolio in a very short period of time.

Here are a list of previously top traders that may have already been squashed and drown in their own hands of stubbornness.

eToro Open Book

eToro Open Book

eToro Open Book

eToro Open Book

eToro Open Book

The common characteristics of these trader are their high leverage and refused to take stop loss. Perhaps they may have gain and still are gaining more profits compared to losses. But if they are multiplying their equity on the same rate per trade and simply no difference from gambling; its only a matter of time they succumb to their stubbornness and it’s negatively unhealthy for a trader’s psychology and health.

One of the most reliable and consistent trader is namely UKTRADER and his wife SANTOSHTIWARI. They are mainly scalping on low percentage returns. However, ever since both of them were pronounced as Gurus on eToro, their trading skills and ethnics have since dropped tremendously. There were occasion where they have topped up their stop losses on trades that may already be stop out long time despite it may even be a 1:25 or 1:50 trades, meaning to say they may have lost more that 400pips and 800 pips already on certain pairs; yet still refusal to CLOSE TRADE and accept LOSSES due to not ruining their winning percentage and history profile; so that they can recruit more followers and copiers. What about the weekly take trade over weekend fees? How more longer he is supporting the turtle traders? Copiers that have insufficient funds to increase stop loss may already have had their copy trades stop out! And this reflect poorly and badly on these top traders that these idiots and fools are following.

Next we look into the Number 1 GURU on eToro - eToro Open Book with over 3060 copiers falling from 6000 copiers awhile ago. NMarijus is known for trading very low risk and less trade per time; mostly only one trade per time until he can close his trade in winning. However, similarly to UKTRADER, NMarijus, look at their open trades and you will find similar setback. Clearly its Overly concerned over winning and you started losing..

eToro Open Book

eToro Open Book

How many idiots have lost money by copying these top gurus of the past months??

One of the most reliable and consistent trader is namely UKTRADER and his wife SANTOSHTIWARI. They are mainly scalping on low percentage returns. However, ever since both of them were pronounced as Gurus on eToro, their trading skills and ethnics have since dropped tremendously. There were occasion where they have topped up their stop losses on trades that may already be stop out long time despite it may even be a 1:25 or 1:50 trades, meaning to say they may have lost more that 400pips and 800 pips already on certain pairs; yet still refusal to CLOSE TRADE and accept LOSSES due to not ruining their winning percentage and history profile; so that they can recruit more followers and copiers. What about the weekly take trade over weekend fees? How more longer he is supporting the turtle traders? Copiers that have insufficient funds to increase stop loss may already have had their copy trades stop out! And this reflect poorly and badly on these top traders that these idiots and fools are following.

Next we look into the Number 1 GURU on eToro - eToro Open Book with over 3060 copiers falling from 6000 copiers awhile ago. NMarijus is known for trading very low risk and less trade per time; mostly only one trade per time until he can close his trade in winning. However, similarly to UKTRADER, NMarijus, look at their open trades and you will find similar setback. Clearly its Overly concerned over winning and you started losing..

eToro Open Book

eToro Open Book

My above review; is stating that this binary option platform and cool and easy to use interface are meant for NOVICE and people who wants to understand Forex Trading at the MOST SIMPLISTIC LEVEL!. BUT you should only open demo account and try first before concluding that you should deposit real money for live account. Don't be fool by the deposit bonus.
I am sure professional trader agreed with me that these bonus are just marketing tactics; good traders do not need these bonus to earn profits on Forex trading. Not to mention their requirements and terms.

Pretty sad to say that, i have multiple desperate emails from eToro to ask trader multiple times per month to deposit to receive 20% or such bonus, in order to retain customers.

80-95% of novice trader lose money on this platform.

Professionals use MT4 :).

Dear Leunamjj,

Thank you for your feedback and I am sorry that your experience with eToro has been on the negative side, however, thanks to traders like you we have improved our services on most of the points you raise here since you wrote your review.

We now have an eToro Trader iPhone and iPad app (available for free download) and we have released a new version of the WebTrader that has solved the login issue that some of our traders had complained about.

I assure you that we have no dealing desk and absolutely do not trade against our traders. On the contrary we encourage trader longevity, which is the more profitable model for introducing brokers who make money off spreads exclusively. This is also why we encourage responsible trading: as you probably know our default settings only allow traders to use leverages up to 1:100. You have to manually enable “high risk trading” mode to use a 1:200 or 1:400, which we still offer because we want our traders to have flexibility and freedom of choice.

As for the chat, we do regulate chats but only in order to keep them civil, we are really not trying to hurt anyone’s freedom of speech. Perhaps some of the things you said ticked some of our “offensive language” boxes and we removed them from the chat. In any case, I’m sorry that you ended up unable to speak your mind.

Finally, regarding your issues with CopyTrader and OpenBook, you were partially correct because some of our Gurus were abusing the system in order to get more copiers. However, we have changed our stats generating algorithms so that traders can no longer do things like keep losing trades open to maintain winning statistics, or rely on one good week of trading to cover up for bad ones. In the end, you have to keep in mind that everyone else on OpenBook has access to the same information that you do and everyone can choose to copy a certain Guru or not, it is up to you! Especially since you retain control of your trades even when they’re copied so you always have the final say. We do not encourage our traders to trust the top Gurus blindly, but to always monitor their account and stop copying Gurus when they prove unprofitable. It is also why you can only dedicate 20% of your margin to copying any one Guru – in order to minimize the risk.

I don’t know how you arrived at your statistics, but from the study we did, our traders’ performance has gone up almost 15% since we launched CopyTrader, and that is a huge number for a network of almost 2 million traders.

Also, we do offer the MT4 platform for traders who prefer it over our own :) Just contact our support to get it.

I hope that you decide to give our new and improved platform another chance, and keep giving us great feedback, because it’s the only way we can get better.

Sincerely,
Laura, eToro Team

By no means don't want to hijack this thread.

Just a quick question to the Etoro representative.

I'm from USA and yes I know that FXsoluions is US traders I found out the hard way later on. Originally I signed up and deposited some money in to webtrader then put a copy order on few people and it's going great like a little hobby. When I was signing up I was in U.K. "I travel allot back and forth" so when I clicked deposit money tab it took me straight to cashier. Now I have arrived back to U.S. it takes me to FXsolutions sign up page. After chatting with support stuff I was told that Etoro Copy trader is not available for U.S residents.

Now my question is: Will etoro honor the pay out of earnings to US resident from a copy trader platform or is it a money lost?

If anything I will provide photo identification when needed for withdrawal.

thank you.

Etoro copy Trader

Hi, Anyone use This System?

>Ive usei but i lost a lot of money because the gurus change stop loss And put more money in their Account

Whist do you think?

Hi, Anyone use This System?

>Ive usei but i lost a lot of money because the gurus change stop loss And put more money in their Account

Whist do you think?

Please be very careful regarding copy trading option. Don't try to find a trader with higher results but with a good Money management and risk management skills.

Why don't you try to build a system and trade for your self ?

What system do you advice?

Well my friend, There are loads of systems to trade forex. I can only tell you about the systems. But selecting the best one is in your hand and according to your trading personality (scalper, hedger, swing trader, etc.). Above all PRICE ACTION is the key to success in this business. So better if you can learn more about price action trading. There are so many places including forex peace army, babypips, 02ndskiesforex, etc.; to learn about price action. Good luck on your trading mate.

strange thing happening at etoro: some trades in profit appear as losses and are treated as such when closing. and some losses are being treated as profit. i have reported the issue to etoro by email. tried also to call them but gave up after 18 minutes waiting for someone to pick up.. high call volumes?

Last edited:
thanks to the FPA for opportunity to paste review and their relentless effort to wipe out scamming broker .etoro has finally credited my account but i will not give them any rating until i have seen how long it takes to make a withdrawal since depositing takes a month plus.

the quickest method to credit your trading account and make withdrawals is through paypal. it is well worth the fiver withdrawal fee. credits are instant and withdrawals take five days.

Back