Euro Forex Pro Weekly 09-13 August, 2010

Hi Sive!

Thank you for your posts)) I like them very much. I've got a question about monthly, weekly, daily pivots you mention in every report, could you please explain or give a link to the place where I can find how they are calciulated,

Thank you in advance,
Have a nice day,
Jans

Hi Jans, just look in the Glossary in the root of my part of forum.

Sive, please just one question, what is the value for MACD you use on monthly chart?
Thank you,

Dragan Lukic

For MACD

Sive,

Maybe you could go over on your next video what you look for as good confirmation to enter after a reversal. I'm thinking of today when you were looking for the EUR/USD to come down to 1.3230 or so and that you would enter long if you got a bullish signal. I think that would be an interesting topic to cover if you have the time.

Thanks for your insight. I really find it hard to believe that we have available to us all of your hard work and insights into the market.

Thanks! I'm learning a lot daily.
:)

Hi Sive,

I just saw on site of Henry Liu, special adviser of FPA, about his program 10KTO1MM. Did you know something about that and do you have any advice.

Thanks you in advance.

Best regards,
Dragan Lukic

Hi Sive,

I just saw on site of Henry Liu, special adviser of FPA, about his program 10KTO1MM. Did you know something about that and do you have any advice.

Thanks you in advance.

Best regards,
Dragan Lukic

Hi Dragan, unfortunately not... Sorry.

EUR/USD Daily Update, Tue 10, August

Hi Guys,

Today is FOMC and yesterday market has shown solid sell-off. I was waiting for some buy signals around 1.3220 but didn't see any.
So, personally I do not like to have a positions through FOMC or any important data releases, that's why I will be looking for just scalp "Sell" trade for today.
On daily chart market has shifted trend to bearish and move below weekly Pivot point. The next support is 1.31 - Fib support and weekly Pivot support 1

On 1-hourly chart - there is a Confluence resistance area around 1.32 - here I'll be watching for reversal to the down side. This area is very attrative, because the sell off was solid yesterday and we can count on some continuation. Also 1.3220 - weekly Pivot point that is a resistance now. We can place relatevely tight stop above it.

So, I'll be watching for scalp sell from 1.32 with target around 1.31. If market just run through 1.32 I'll be aside, because probably will not be able close trade before FOMC...

Attachments

• EUR_USD_D_10_08_10.PNG
    EUR_USD_D_10_08_10.PNG
    46 KB · Views: 145
  • EUR_USD_1H_10_08_10.PNG
    EUR_USD_1H_10_08_10.PNG
    44.8 KB · Views: 148
Hi guys,

I am also waiting for it to go up weekly pp so I can short again. I think FOMC tonight will try to boost stock market sentiment and usually when stock market rise so does the majors. So I am thinking it might be the chance for EUR to rise up to our target 1.35. So I am with Sive on shorting before FOMC. And I think EUR will rise during FOMC and after.

Thank you

“I've waited for some 'Buy" signal around 1.3220 but market didn't show any but demonstrated strong sell off. Today is FOMC meeting and I do not intend to hold any position through it, so personally, I will be looking for opportunity to enter short around 1.32 area with target around 1.31”…email, today, from Sive

Sive: I appreciate your forthright analysis. You are a rare bird indeed; not only are you competent but not prideful! I respect and admire you. James

Did not managed to break weekly pp bounced back down from there. Most of the majors seems to be heading downwards. I think this is gonna be the case for the rest of the week. Unless some fundamental stuff happens to change the course.

EUR/USD Daily update, Wed 11, August

Hi Guys,

Well, now, I think, you understand why I do not like to have any position during FOMC. When FOMC has started their minutes market just blasted up, negated all previous move down and then returned back.
At the same time, our target at 1.31 level has been achieved before FOMC.
But let's look where we are now...

On daily chart market still holds at 1.31 support. Next strong support is around 1.2960-1.3020 (roughly 1.30 area). It includes two different Fib. supports level and previous highs. I think that this is the area that market should reach and from which it can show some solid retracement to the upside.

On the hourly chart there are many interesting moments. First of all, look at price action during FOMC - strong wide-range bars in one and other direction. Very often, when market shows such bars price action holds in this range for some time. Our range is even stronger because it's not just "range" - this is a range between Weekly Pivot and Weekly Pivot support 1.
Also please note, that market has tested 1.31 twice already. It's a week support now. When it will come to it on the third time - it can break it.
ABC-top pattern shows us a target at 1.30 area that coinsides with next daily support area. And I think, that market can reach it during the current week.

Ok, conclusion as follows - trend is bearish, I would like to be a seller. The bearish bias will be in game, until market stays below weekly Pivot. I will be looking for some sell signals around 1.3175 or weekly Pivot at 1.3220. with target at 1.30/ But, again, possibly market will coiling between two Pivots for some time.

Attachments

• EUR_USD_D_11_08_10.PNG
    EUR_USD_D_11_08_10.PNG
    40.4 KB · Views: 81
  • EUR_USD_1H_11_08_10.PNG
    EUR_USD_1H_11_08_10.PNG
    40.3 KB · Views: 81
Hi guys,

Finally very very nice movement. It's been great trading this week I hope it keeps up, or rather I hope it keeps down and going down more and more.

I don't think its gonna move up anymore. It looks like its going all the way down from here on. I don't know anything that can trigger it back up again anytime soon. What do you think Sive ?

Back