• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Discuss FAPTurbo.com (and FAPTurbo2.com and FAPTurbo3.com)

General discussions of a financial company
It amazes me how many people have the time for robot threads that dont believe there can be any profitable robots. The only reason I bother is because the potentials and possibilities are so great. And Megadroid has been forward profitable since the day it came out, and profitable in backtests for many years.

There is a seperate Megadroid thread for all this

Ted,

1. FXCM is a great broker because they are big and financialy stable, but I dont think their platform is the best for scalpers. The spreads varry a lot at times of day and during news which makes running these scalpers difficult. I think they are better suited to slightly longer term swing and trend trading where a consistant spread doesnt matter as much.

2. default settings are ok because MD has simple parameters, but Recovery Mode makes no sense. The odds of winning or lossing dont change after a loss. If it can handle a doubled position size some times, why not all the time?

3. I've never used a VPS. Its a nice idea, but I have an old laptop I run my robots on and have never had a problem that I didnt cause myself.

4. Why two brokers? Run one, or as many as you want. I have one live and three demos accounts running right now. I've run more and less with no problem. I've run multiple instances of MD, or FAP-T, on the same account, simultaneously, with the same or different offsets. I've run as many as thirty or forty different chart windows on one broker testing different settings, and diffferent GMT Offsets, with different magic numbers for each.

Megadroid is a night scalper, a range trader. It detects the range going into its trading hours. It looks for a stable range thats wide enough for its trades and opens orders on either side of the range.

It amazes me how many people have the time for robot threads that dont believe there can be any profitable robots. The only reason I bother is because the potentials and possibilities are so great. And Megadroid has been forward profitable since the day it came out, and profitable in backtests for many years.

Hi Ken

Great you're having success.

I have 'time' for a lot of threads on lots of different forums - more about reading than posting - its part of my ongoing education.

As for a 'why look at robots'. Its just another avenue for wealth creation. I am a profitable manual trader but I like to travel regularly & the idea of having something that I don't have to look at that day if I can't is of course appealing. I have tried many EA's(including MD) consistently over a few years but none have proved profitable.

I have over time added more brokers to test the theories of EA sellers claiming different brokers work better but in essence even that I can't definitively say makes any difference.

The issue of VPS is one that stems out of need for a backup in my case, even for my manual trading. In Australia (or at least in Perth) our internet service is unreliable at best so if I can have my MT4 running on a VPS as well to compare then it adds to my data research, and yes, I have seen the same EA take a trade at completely different times/prices with one being profitable, the other a loss. Even manual trades it has saved my bacon on numerous times when internet goes down and when I get it back thankfully my target/stop has been actioned.

When you talk MD are you talking the original, or then I think it went to two currency pairs, then MD Pro, and then there is also MD ADT.

What sort of pip return per month do you achieve & over how long have you been running it?

Cheers
Seth

CanAm,

I've had Megadroid running on a live account since 1 week after it came out and have slowly increased the position size with its continued reliability. It runs almost exactly as it backtests. I only run the original Megadroid, MDPro hasnt proven as reliable or as profitable. Check the Megadroid thread here and on PipCop.com. The thread here has mostly newer users who have come on since the last sales push, with the usual effervesant gushings over finding an EA that works, Pipcop has a few others who have been running this long term with similar good results.

One of the other traders on Pipcop just posted his results for win rates and avg monthly pip counts going back 1 year. He claims a 95% accuracy rate and 38 pips per month avg. I beleieve he said he had 107 trades, with 5 losses.

I dont consider this to be an end all of trading, but I find it to be a great supplement. It doesnt trade a lot, or regularly. It only operates in a 2 hour window after the NY close, and sometimes it doesnt trade at all. I've seen it go weeks without trading if it doesnt get the conditions it looks for. But it can be left alone.

My biggest complaint is that the stop loss varries with volitility and the position size doesnt. The typical stop is under 50 pips with a 10 or 15 pip target, but occaisionaly it will open trades during a more volitile sesion and set a stop as high as 150 pips, which really throws off the risk calculations.

So far this is the most reliable robot I have found, also the way it trades the off hours like FAP-T makes it easy to work around. It doesnt trade anywhere near as frequently as FAP-T, but it is far more profitable.

I have to say MD is working as advertised though it took some time to get there. Ken and others are right. Brokers matter. Over 100 live and demo trades and prob less than 5 losers Live and demo seem pretty much the same. I am running three live brokers (three MD licenses) just because I like the diversification.

I am noticing that three brokers are sneaking in some 5+ spreads that may be no more than a tick. they don't seem to show up on the screen (or maybe I am not fast enough) but they do show up in the experts tab and are stopping MD. Anyone else seen this?

I have to say MD is working as advertised though it took some time to get there. Ken and others are right. Brokers matter. Over 100 live and demo trades and prob less than 5 losers Live and demo seem pretty much the same. I am running three live brokers (three MD licenses) just because I like the diversification.

I am noticing that three brokers are sneaking in some 5+ spreads that may be no more than a tick. they don't seem to show up on the screen (or maybe I am not fast enough) but they do show up in the experts tab and are stopping MD. Anyone else seen this?

Good trick. I dont generally check closely enough to see this, my robots run on an old laptop stuck away on a shelf. Which brokers did you notice this on?

I hate to name names but over the last 2-3 weeks it seems many. My demo and live accounts include dbfx, fxcm, forex.com, If you go in and look at the jounals and experts tabs ( I forget which covers this) I see many "safe spread exceeded-5" or more when it appears that most of the time the MD text is reporting less and should trade

I hate to name names but over the last 2-3 weeks it seems many. My demo and live accounts include dbfx, fxcm, forex.com, If you go in and look at the jounals and experts tabs ( I forget which covers this) I see many "safe spread exceeded-5" or more when it appears that most of the time the MD text is reporting less and should trade

During these trading hours its difficult to keep a fixed spread. The lack of liquidity during the hours that FAP-T and MD trade means that any burst of action will alter the spread, even if only momentarily. This is not just the individual brokers, FAP-T and MD are traded on many brokers throughout the Forex universe, if all of these accounts enter the same order at a time of low liquidity it will affect the market as a whole. Some orders will get through and some wont.

Ken are you still running Fap-T? If so is it still performing as per the second test FPA is running?

Ken are you still running Fap-T? If so is it still performing as per the second test FPA is running?

I have no idea, I havent looked at their test. I've been running FAP-T since it came out, but its never made it onto my live account. It always seems to have great potential, but takes too many big losses

usdcad

Hi all,
i have been running fapt on live acct Ava mt4 for 2 months now.The key is to get the right sets.If not you will get big losses & small profit.Right now i use my own sets for usdcad.I didnt use other sets until i get the right 1.It turn out fine.5-6 successul trades & 1 loss.It is running all the time.
What i do is,when fapt have a loss trade,the next trade i put the MM=false with any amount i want which i can afford & the trade will bring income of joy.I only use that method for 2 trades after the loss trade & after that i put the MM=true,but right now i have depleted my acct coz i went to do sumtin else & didnt put the stoploss when playing manual on a very very bad trade,in other words(over confident)hahahah:hissyfit:

Back