Fed to Taper soon?

Rambo35

Corporal
Despite the fact that we saw some economic data which came in better than expected I still think that overall the economic landscape is rather mixed in the US and given the Yellen take over in a few weeks I doubt we will see any significant tapering, ever!

Let's face it, if it will be reduced by $5 billion per month do you really change your point of view on the US economy?

I do not think that the US Fed may cancel QE. I would not be surprised if we still see an economic stimulus in the US in 2020 and beyond.

Japan has still not managed to exit their and while we are sure to see tapering in 2014, I would not bet on it to be a reduction of stimulus. I think we will see plenty of tapering going forward, but that we will always have some sort of stimulus in place.

Yea US economy seems to be improving but it is hard to get a good feel on what's really going on over there when you don't live there!

I have my suspicion's about the job market in particular and just get a feeling that most of the job's created are Mc low paying jobs to service the Mc growing, Mc fattening population sprucing more demand for more Mc low paying job's that's why I will be paying a fair bit of attention to the trend of retail sale's over the next 6mth or so after Manufacturing picking up but are people really buying car's ect. and not just burger's!

Taper is such a dirty word that's been talked about for last few month's, The FED really has put them self into a corner on this and I think the more and sooner they start to taper the sooner we will see QE4eva:D

They'll publicly brag about cancelling Quantitative Easing while quietly slipping in a new program of Qualitative Easing.

They'll publicly brag about cancelling Quantitative Easing while quietly slipping in a new program of Qualitative Easing.

Couldn't agree more this is exactly what's happened since GFC:rolleyes:

Why US voter's let this happen is beyond me:confused:

No way they can taper. Any tapering will push up interest rates - no debate about that. Consequences for strategic partners like Japan would be dire. The Fed simply cannot afford the domino effect caused by a major collapse like that. We're in the Weimar Republic x1000.

As a resident of the US I can tell you flat out these rosey pictures of the US economy theyre trying to paint is pure hogwash. They officialy say the unemployment rate is at 7%, but anyone with a clue knows its easily double that. Ive even seen figures that put it as high as 25%. There is no way the bulls on Wall Street are going to let the gravy train end that QE is responsible for. I dont see any tapering happening soon. As much as I hate it, Im going to have to keep betting against the USD

In the end it really does not matter if they reduce it by $5B or $10B, they will continue to buy bonds and MBS.

Back