Fibtree indicator

Hi Synchronicity,

I have been using this indicator and it really has helped me, specially because when I make the levels of different colors I can spot the Ks very easy,
thank you again for yor effort and for sharing it.

Harold

thank you very much for posting this indicator... it's great!

i have thought of a way to improve it's functionality though... hope you don't mind too much me suggesting it. if vertical lines were drawn on the chart by the user instead of trend lines and placed at the same turning points that you would typically start the trend lines from, you could have an indicator that calculated the low or high after the vertical line and drew the fib between these points (there might need to be a direction up or down specification in the vertical line description). this way the fib tree auto-updates with new price movements. this saves fiddling about with lots of lines manually when price continually makes new highs or lows. (i like to monitor ten charts at the same time so worry about not noticing if a fib isn't correctly placed.)
ML

Hi ML

All suggestions are welcome :)
I am working on modifying the indicator to auto update as new highs/lows are made - its relatively easy except that changing time frames messes things up and I haven't had time to understand why. I'm also looking at a way of changing the offset number of the trendlines so that when you add a new one you don't have to renumber the rest.

All the best

Michael

Hi ML

All suggestions are welcome :)
I am working on modifying the indicator to auto update as new highs/lows are made - its relatively easy except that changing time frames messes things up and I haven't had time to understand why. I'm also looking at a way of changing the offset number of the trendlines so that when you add a new one you don't have to renumber the rest.

All the best

Michael

Fantastic! looking forward to the update. Thanks for putting the time in!

hi synchro, i tried to install the fibtree indi, but like some others it doesnt work. i make changes as you suggested for black charts, doesnt help.
please take a look to my screenshots and let me know what i amdoing wrong.
best regards

Attachments

• 2012-08-06 ftree_01.jpg
    2012-08-06 ftree_01.jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 93
  • 2012-08-06 ftree_02.jpg
    2012-08-06 ftree_02.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 76
  • 2012-08-06 ftree_03.jpg
    2012-08-06 ftree_03.jpg
    106.4 KB · Views: 102
hi synchro, i tried to install the fibtree indi, but like some others it doesnt work. i make changes as you suggested for black charts, doesnt help.
please take a look to my screenshots and let me know what i amdoing wrong.
best regards

Hi tangmase

I can't see anything wrong in your screenshots. I am assuming that the lines visible on N0.3 are for other things? If the angled line was a trendline you were trying to plot Fibs for then they may just be off the screen.

On the setup screen I'd leave ShowTrendlines as True until you get this working as hiding them may make it harder to confirm everything is ok.

The other major issue experienced by several people relates to how Windows manages files. If that is what is causing your problems then the answer will be in the thread from post number 26

If that doesn't help then send me a PM with information about your operating system, broker, Metatrader version and any other indicators/EAs that you have running. Don't include any details of your account though!!

All the best

Michael

Back