FOREX PRO Weekly April 22-26, 2013

Sive Morten

Special Consultant to the FPA
Monthly
On big picture we see price bounce from support. It is difficult to say whether this reaction on yearly pivot or on 50% support level – anyway bounce has started, we’ve talked about it much in our day-by-day analysis. On passed week market did an attempt to proceed higher, but failed – we can see this by upper shadow on April bar. Now here is a big temptation to call it as “bullish engulfing” pattern, but Arpil bar has not closed yet. Anyway this probably will be treated just as retracement, because we need breakout of 1.3710 highs to speak again about bull trend. Until this will not happen – price action will remain just retracement.
Besides, nobody has cancelled bearish engulfing pattern and I see nothing curious with this minor bounce. If you will take a look at engulfing patterns, especially on long-term charts, you’ll see that in most cases some at least small retracement happens after pattern has been completed. And here we have support right below it. As the conclusion of monthly analysis we can say that we have bearish pattern that points on long-term perspective down to 1.25 area. Hence current bounce could be used as a rally to Sell into and we could get some AB=CD down, based on bearish engulfing. Still this hardly will happen soon, since on lower time frames the retracement probably will be a bit extended in time and complex - AB=CD pattern as well. So, downward action of previous could not nessesary mean the downward continuation here, but BC leg of deeper upward retracement.

eur_m_22_04_13.png

Weekly
I will not repeat the same things that we’ve talked in previous research – all of them are sitll valid. Today I would like to offer you to take a look at current weekly action purely from harmonic point of view. May be it is not quite reasonable and adequate approach of analysis, but it agrees with nearest our expectation and could become interesting an useful.
On weekly time frame the major pattern that we have is H&S (that is, in fact, bearish engulfing on monthly, right?). Take a close attentive look at the shape of left shoulder, see – it has the shape of downward AB-CD pattern. Now I ask you to imagine the mirror of it in relation to head, as I’ve drawn it. Thus, left shoulder was formed within 11 weeks, and our current upward action is a mirror to left shoulder’s downward – to the neck line. By “check sign” I’ve marked the candle where we are now in relation to left shoulder.
By this comparison we see, that within next two weeks there should be retracement to 50% support level, and then 2-3 weeks final upward leg to 50% resistance that market has not quite reached yet – and that is also triple harmonic swing target on daily time frame. Only after that the downward continuation due monthly bearish pattern should follow.
May be this is too ideal illustration, but harmony fulfillment precision sometimes scares me. It’s obvious that here and there market could skew a bit from perfect scenario, but the core could hold. The importance of this analysis stands with clear picture that we have by it. When we will track market performance and compare it with this pattern – we easily can understand will it agree with it or not. If not – it will be early sign to stop and wait for further clarification. But for past two weeks market moves 100% with expectations as on weekly as on daily time frames. Currently I do not see any resons to abandone this setup.
Hence, by this analsys and things that we’ve discussed on previous week, we probably should be ready for moving to 1.29-1.2950 area within nearest 2 weeks. This area could be reached even faster – on next week for example, but harmonic analysis suggests that market will coil around for some time, before will make second leg up to 50% resistance 1.3250 area.
eur_w_22_04_13.png

Daily
Major thoughts have been said already in our daily updates. Here is have nice bearish context by two different patterns. First is Schwager bullish trap, a.k.a. upward flag breakout failure. Recall that initially current consolidation is looked like bullish flag that assumed upward continuation. This continuation has followed but failed soon and price has returned back to flag body. This assumes downward continuation. Simultaneously this failure breakout has taken the shape of bearish engulfing pattern at major 3/8 resistance. May be this was W&R of it as well.
Second pattern is DiNapoli “DRPO” Sell. The minimum target of it is 50% support of whole upward thrust. But my thought that better to rely on intraday AB=CD that is based on engulfing pattern. It points on a bit deeper retracement – around 1.2920-1.2950. Take a look how 3x3 DMA (green line) holds the upward retracement – although market has penetrated it, but all closes after DRPO was confirmed stand below it.
eur_d_22_04_13.png

4-hour
In fact that is our major chart for work on coming week. It holds all neccesary information. As we’ve discussed yesterday, market has shown AB=CD upward action has reached 50% retracement that we’ve planned to achieve. Thus everything has done with this bounce up – it’s time for downward continuation. From that standpoint we have classical H&S, although it looks ugly a bit, we have bearish dynamic pressure (look how market creeps down, although MACD shows upward trend).
If we will get AB=CD move that we expect – price will reach an Agreement with major 5/8 support that will be perfect area for long entry with 1.3250 target. Most of you should already have short positions, but if have missed the entry at 50% resistance – we will try to solve this problem on hourly chart.
eur_4h_22_04_13.png

30-min
Here is a bit difficult to make a precise analysis. Particularly speaking – whether market will touch WPP first and then continue move down or it will initially complete targets around 1.3015 area and then turn to pullback.
Anyway, here we have some kind of Double Top pattern (it looks much better on 15-min chart) that has the same target as downward AB-CD. For those of you who has missed the entry at 50% resistance will be the chance to enter on possible minor pullback. Here we have to keep in mind couple of moments. First is – market stands not at support and oversold and in fact has a free area till the neckline around 1.3000. Second, EUR is a good trending market which means that as trend starts EUR very rare shows extended retracements. As a rule they are 50% from most recent swing as AB-CD or even minor – just 3/8 bounce. Thus, don’t count on deep retracement up here. If market will start some upward action right on Monday – they keep an eye on WPP or even lower 1.3050 level, while if downward action will continue – the first pullback probably will happen only after reaching 1.30-1.3015 area and you will be able to come on board. Other words – montinor move down and try to catch first rally to sell.
eur_30m_22_04_13.png

Conclusion:
Despite the moment that long-term picture is bearish, in medium-term perspective market looks bullish and gives hints that it could show deeper retracement up within 3-4 weeks. Probable target of upward retracement is 1.3250 at minimum.
In the perspective of nearest week we expect deep retracement down to 1.2920-1.2950 area and in a fortnight second stage of daily AB-CD move to 1.3250.

The technical portion of Sive's analysis owes a great deal to Joe DiNapoli's methods, and uses a number of Joe's proprietary indicators. Please note that Sive's analysis is his own view of the market and is not endorsed by Joe DiNapoli or any related companies.

EUR/USD Daily Update, Tue 23, April 2013

Good morning,
well, every time when you start to think that everything is OK market does dirt you. Here is what we have now - bullish stop grabber on daily time frame, that is black spot on our white bearish analysis.
All other things on daily remain the same. But since we've got this unwelcome pattern, let's see how we can protect ourselves. This pattern has a minimum target - previous swing high and it stands not too far on daily time frame - two candles to the left. Stop grabber doesn't assume taking out of major swing high. And, as any pattern stop grabber also could fail:

eur_d_23_04_13.png

On 4-hour chart I see nothing new - market still stands around K-support and has tested it twice already. As right shoulder becomes gradually longer in time - this restore the time harmony with our H&S pattern. I've marked the low of stop grabber pattern by blue circle. This is its invalidation point and it will be important for us.
eur_4h_23_04_13.png

Hourly chart is most important for us now, since it contains both scenarios that could happen. IF stop grabber will work - we will get yellow butterfly action (or Crab as you better like it), that has 1.27 target around WPR1 and above minimum target of stop grabber. Very probable that particularly this pattern will start to form, if stop grabber will start to work.
Conversely, if stop grabber will fail - we will get bullish butterfly. It has 1.618 target right at 1.2920 - major Fib support and H&S AB-CD target. We know that butterflies very often become a part of H&S...
So, how we can trade this mess. First, if you already have short position at 50% resistance as we've suggested - protect it by tighter (or even b/e) stop. If you do not have any - you may use stop entry order, if price will move below stop grabber low that is at the same time upward butterfly invalidation point. Thus, if market will move, say, below WPS1 - you may apply stop short entry order, because by this moment both patterns will be vanished.
So, let's see what will happen, current situation is rather intriguing.

eur_1h_23_04_13.png

Last edited:
EUR/USD Daily Update, Wed 24, April 2013

Good morning,
market still has cancelled bullish stop grabber on daily and by yesterday's decline has hit minimum target of DRPO "Sell" - 50% support of it's thrust. Although by some reasons I still think that EUR is not done yet with decline - price stands at minimum target at support and our position demands managing:

eur_d_24_04_13.png

On 4-hour chart trend is bearish, market has passed through K-support area and has reached 1.27 target of Butterfly pattern at WPS1. Also on hourly chart you'll see that this is butterfly inner AB=CD target. Still, if market will reach 1.2920 - this is more in a row with our expectations, especially appearing and completion of Butterfly - reversal pattern, since we still expect possible move to 1.3250 after retracement.

eur_4h_24_04_13.png

Here is, in fact, the picture - why I think that market could continue decreasing. Look - market has hit 1.27 target within 1 hour by single long black candle. This tells about solid bearish momentum and usually when market acts in this way - some continuation usually follows. At least it is not recommended to take longs at 1.27 butterfly, when it hits target in that way. The same is true for AB=CD's.
eur_1h_24_04_13.png

So, what to do with our short positions? Recall that we've talked about it in our Forex Military School. Speaking in two words professionals recommend to take profit from the 1 half of position, tight stop to breakeven on the second half and keep it. This is very good approach to managing, since it guarantees profit at any action, and that is the major target for trading.

Last edited:
EUR/USD Daily Update, Thu 25, April 2013

Good morning,
on daily time frame we see reasonable bounce from support area that we've discussed yesterday - 50% and WPS1. Now the major question is - whether is this just a bounce or re-establishing of upward move as greater AB-CD pattern?
Unfortunately currently it is very difficult to say definitely, since market has as signs that this could be the end of retracement as signs that another leg down could happen.

eur_d_25_04_13.png

So what are these signs? Speaking about possible end of retracement - we are at 50% level that EUR likes, but what is more significant - price has broken the resistance trend line (I do not have it on the chart). In fact, on 4-hour chart the wedge pattern could be seen, and market has broken it. This is troubling sign for bearish development.
From the other point of view - now about opposite signs, it could be 3-Drive "Buy" pattern. Thus if market will re-establish downward action right now, then extensions of 1st and 2nd drives will coincide right around 1.2920 - that is also Butterfly and AB-CD targets. Second moment - current price action does not look like re-establishing of upward trend, at least now:
eur_4h_25_04_13.png

Thus, currently we can say, that market stands at the edge - upward continuation and moving above WPP will add points in favor of upward continuation, while down reversal here could lead still to reaching of 1.2920.
On hourly chart you can also see that this is K-resistance area and Agreement.

eur_1h_25_04_13.png

So, since we have lack of clear signs and confidence (at least me) where market will go, it is better to wait 1-2 days for more clarification. If you have protected shorts, you probably can keep it, since possibility to reach 1.2920 still exists.

Last edited:
EUR/USD Daily Update, Fri 26, April 2013

Good morning,
so, guys, current daily picture looks quite different compares to yesterday, right? Now we do not see nice white candle any more but have a doji with huge upper shadow. Interesting, that current retracement up equals to previous one. Also, if you will draw trend lines you'll see that here we have down sloped wedge pattern that indicates exhausting of downward action, i.e. retracement and I still think that we should see move to 1.2920 as 5th leg of this wedge. Due to yesterday price action I have more confidence with this now:

eur_d_26_04_13.png

On the 4-hour chart we have perfect 3-Drive buy in progress. All corresponding legs are equal to each other. Pay attention how absolutely different patterns gather in single picture. But here we have one unwelcome pattern for bears. This is 4-hour bullish stop grabber. Personally I doubt that this pattern will work, and will not rely on it and take long position. But this is a sign of risk and we should take it into consideration. Thus, if you would like to enter short - it's better do again with stop entry order when market will take out the low of stop grabber.
eur_4h_26_04_13.png

On hourly chart we have two important moments. First is another butterfly and second - take a look at yesterday's price action. Market has applied significant force to creep higher, but all this move was erased within 2 hours by 2 candle. Market looks heavy. That's why, I mostly think that market will proceed to 1.2920.
Besides, just take a look what we have - multiple patterns that point on 1.2920:
1. AB-CD based on H&S patter
2. Three drive
3. most recent AB-CD - inner for 3-Drive
4. Two different butterflies that are part of 3-drives also point on the same area.
5. Finally fifth leg of bearish wedge yet to be formed.

eur_1h_26_04_13.png

So, I hope that on next week we will discuss bullish pattern around 1.2920 and will pass to second stage of our trading plan - road to 1.3250.
But currently, if you would like to enter short, I think it will be safer to do it when stop grabber will be cancelled.

Last edited:
Thank you very much Sive sir.. :)
I am soooo happy happy happy for the analysis..
Thank you.. GOD BLESS YOu.
WIsh you a very relaxing and enjoying weekend and
Lots of Green pips and a nice trading week ahead week ahead..

Last edited:
YIPPEE..................that's OUR Sive !!!!

Coming out of bed and finding the usual Saturday morning homework.

Sive, couple of things:
1. Your prediction of start of bullish move in euro within 2 weeks is contrarian. The majority of equity analysts are bearish on equities starting within 2 weeks ("Sell in May and go away"). The euro is a risk-on currency, hence if equity market falls, euro is expected to fall. You're usually right when you predict something. I'm going to follow this one.
2. Cable's price action on Fri mirrored the euro. You mentioned last week that GBP is setting up for down move. Would it be appropriate to look for a short entry price on the pound along the same lines as euro? Does the GBP show retracements similar to euro (shallow ones, generally 38.2% or 50%)?

Back