FOREX PRO Weekly February 25- March 01, 2013

Sive Morten

Special Consultant to the FPA
Monthly
Market has continued move down within the past week, and now it looks like perfect bearish engulfing pattern, although February has not closed yet. To pure technical moments now some fundamentals are added. Probably all of you know about recent Fed meeting and significant changes that have happened there. Thus, opinion of members has divided. Some of them have voted for closing of QE program; while others still stand for continue. The reason for that is signs of improvement in US economy and decreasing of unemployment. When Fed has started QE’s they have hinted on some beacons on major economy data, particularly unemployment and investors thought that Fed will not take any tighten before these numbers will be achieved. For instance, by this thought unemployment should contracted to 6.5%. But now it is obviously that Fed has become more hawkish and it is look like it does not intend to wait when data will reach predefined levels and could start to act in advantage. Besides of closing QE program also was suggested to keep bought back bonds on Fed balance for some time. In fact, Fed is acting not due inflation but due improvement in economy. If this is really so and if US economy moves out of recession into first growth stage – it could lead to significant dollar appreciation, because first growth stage in economy cycle after recession is a stage of growth at zero inflation. In fact, this growth does lead to inflation in future – that’s the reason why central bank starts to rise rates. But until that happen, economy grows without inflation. And that is a stage where US economy might be entering, if data will be stable.
Thus, as you can see behind current EUR failure around 1.35 area stands not only technical resistance, but fundamentals as well. If US economy indeed will start to climb up from recession pit – our long term analysis of Dollar index (November 2011) that suggests EUR move to 1.16 could finally get a fill. Still, this is too far perspective.
From the technical perspective market will hardly proceed to 1.3830 area at the same single breath. Market was not able to reach significant resistance with current swing, so we should be ready for deeper move down. Despite all fundamental issues and that this indeed could be reversal down, currently it’s better count only on retracement, because trend here sill holds bullish and price action as well – not bad at all. This move up could become an AB leg of greater AB=CD pattern, why not? But how deep BC leg could be? Anyway direction is the same – down.
Well, as first destination, I probably could point Yearly Pivot Point that has not been touched yet. Second thought – take a look, this could be reverse H&S pattern. The left shoulder and the head are based on perfect 1.618 Butterfly “Buy” on weekly chart. So, to reach the same ratio in relation to head low, market should show retracement to 1.2750-1.29 area. These levels are a bit extended and we do not trade on monthly time frame, but we have to keep in mind major destination, because sooner or later it will become very significant. If market will fail there as well – that could become continuation of long-term bear trend. Still, major conclusion for us here – market probably will move lower, and we have direction of trading for some weeks ahead.

eur_m_25_02_13.gif

Weekly
Trend on weekly time frame has turned bearish and market has achieved our first target – low of harmonic swing right at MPS1. Although currently it is difficult to prove it, but it seems that market will continue move down. There are some reasons for that. Recall that market, in fact, has reversed at minor resistance and didn’t continue move up to 100 % extension of AB=CD. This reversal has happened between 0.618 and 1.0 extensions and that happens relatively rare and could tell about serious changes in sentiment. Second is – we have engulfing pattern here, and its minimum target is the length of the bars, as it shown on the chart. Hence, probably we still can count on move to 1.30 area. This is rather strong support – natural support, K-support and target of engulfing pattern as well.

eur_w_25_02_13.gif

Daily
Trend here is strongly bearish. Sorry, guys for a bit overloaded chart. In general, we’ve made its analysis on Friday. Despite how bearish market is, daily time frame tells that currently it is not a great moment to enter short. We’re at AB=CD target point, daily oversold at MPS1. If instead of MPS1 we have Fib support, we can call it as DiNapoli bullish “Stretch” directional pattern, but whatever support we have – the idea and the core of situation is the same. Market will hardly move down right now, since it feels double pressure – from support and from oversold condition. This is rather uncomfortable for it, and we should count on a bounce up. Actually DiNapoli has another stretch-kind pattern, that he calls “Kibby trade”. This is a combination of AB=CD or any extension target with overbought or oversold. This setup assumes scalp trade on lower time frames against major trend (that is bearish here). We probably will try to do the same. Precisely speaking – those of you who trade on daily time frame or higher – just wait, when market will leave this uncomfortable oversold condition. You do not need to make any trades right now, since overall context is bearish. While others, who mostly trade on lower time frames can try to do that. But I have to warning you – stretch is a tricky pattern by two reasons. First is because it is countertrend with all consequences that could follow and second – it has corrective nature, but not impulse. That’s why it is rather difficult to predict the destination. By DiNapoli, if stretch works perfect and trigger some thrusting move on intraday charts, then minimum target is a zero point on DOSC – equilibrium between overbought and oversold lines (I’ve marked it on the chart by blue circle). But since OB and OS are dynamic, market could reach equilibrium if even it will go nowhere, but OB/OS lines will move by themselves. You can see example of that a bit earlier – in January, when market has hit OB, but then turns to flat action, while OB/OS lines have moved higher, thus equilibrium point has been achieved.
Currently the target of stretch pattern stands around daily K-resistance 1.3360-1.3370. After it will work out, next downward target on daily chart is the same 1.30 area. First is because of AB=CD, second – if we treat current pattern as likeness of H&S, then it’s target stands around 1.30 as well.
Finally, as I’ve said on Friday, when you’re dealing with stretch-kind patterns, it is better to have as much insurance as you can. I mean patterns or something that can confirm your assumption and get you confidence with long entry. Here we still have no definite yet – only high wave candle right at bottom, but it might be morning star, right?
eur_d_25_02_13.gif

4-hour
On intraday charts market fortunately gives us a lot of patterns to watch. Let’s start from 4-hour time frame. First of all, I would like to attract your attention to some nuances. Take a look, market has created a new low, and this is rather significant. First is because now it has become our invalidation point. Market has achieved all targets prior to this low – daily AB=CD, 4-hour 1.618 AB-CD and 1.27 most recent AB-CD (recall Friday analysis), so in fact it had no reasons to go lower. One thing why it wanted to do this – stops. And that was a W&R. When all targets are hit and all stops were grabbed – no reason to go lower. Hence, it will happen, then, probably market just will try continue move down.
Another reason, why this is important – possitions of breakout traders. Trend was bearish there and those who have entered short right at this W&R now trapped with wrong position. Where they place their stops – probably right above previous top, and what this top is? This is a top of high wave pattern on daily. High wave shows indecision condition and neither bullish nor bearish by itself. But market usually follows the direction of breakout out of the range of high wave. So, they place their stops at most wrong place – on a way of bullish breakout of indecision pattern. These stops will probably add fuel to possible move up.
Simulteniously we have possibility for DRPO “Buy”. This is the first pattern that you can trade on long side. That’s why I like when DRPO shows lower second bottom. It is not neccesary to wait, when market will move above high wave’s top – just use it as checkpoint. Trend here has turned bullish already.
eur_4h_25_02_13.gif

30-min
If you don’t mind, today I again will use 30-min chart, instead of hourly, since it’s more suitable right now. Here another two patterns for you that compounded. First is – this could be Double Bottom. Second bottom shows W&R of first one that is very typical. Moment of market’s exhaustion is confirmed by bullish divergence right at strong daily support. At the same time second bottom takes the shape or reverse H&S. Target of DB is a height till the neckline, counted in direction of breakout – it leads us precisely to daily K-resistance around 1.3350, while H&S pattern in turn, leads market to the neckline.
eur_30m_25_02_13.gif

Conclusion:
On long-term perspective the probability of down move is increasing. Currently is not clear yet – will it become reversal and continuation of monthly trend down, or just a kind of BC leg of greater AB=CD upward pattern. But taking into consideration fundamental component, the probability of just BC leg is becoming suspicious.
Weekly price action confirms possible deeper move down. Until market will not erase weekly bearish engulfing pattern, it’s difficult to find any reason to take long position.
In shorter-term perspective market technically oversold at support. Despite how bearish the market is – it is not reasonable to take short right now. It is better to either wait a pull back staying flat or try to take scalp long on intraday charts.

The technical portion of Sive's analysis owes a great deal to Joe DiNapoli's methods, and uses a number of Joe's proprietary indicators. Please note that Sive's analysis is his own view of the market and is not endorsed by Joe DiNapoli or any related companies.

EUR/USD Daily Update, Tue 26, February 2013

Good mornng,
our trading plan for Monday has worked nice, but rather fast... The Double Repo pattern has reached the target - 50% resistance of it's swing and market has continued move lower. What does this price action tell us? We've counted on a bit deeper retracement, since market was at AB=CD target and oversold, but retracement was rather small and we didn't get our morning star pattern. This is very significant moment - market is very heavy.
Now we have absolutely similar setup as on Monday - market at 1.27 extension, weekly K-support area, daily oversold and WPS1. We will need a bounce. Since yearly pivot point has not been tested yet and market shows really heavy action - I suspect that we will see 1.29-1.2950 area. This is the next destination:
eur_d_26_02_13.gif

From daily behavior we understand that market could give us only minor bounce and harmonic retracements on 4-hour chart confirm this. If market will show the same bounce - it should reach 1.3190-1.32 area - the same 50% resistance of recent swing down. Now we need the pattern that could let to use it in our favor:
eur_4h_26_02_13.gif

And we have it - potential DRPO "Buy" on hourly chart. See - quite similar to yesterday, but DRPO on hourly and not on 4-hour chart:
eur_1h_26_02_13.gif

So, if you're scalp trader - wait for confirmation of DRPO and try to enter long with 1.3190 target approximately. Then drop the time frame to 15 min chart and search for reversal patterns around 1.3190-1.32 area for short entry.
If you trade on daily time frame - skip DRPO "Buy" and just watch for short entry with continuation to 1.29-1.2950 area.

Last edited:
EUR/USD Daily Update, Wed 27, February 2013

Good morning,
situation on daily time frame has not changed significantly - in fact the same picture as yesterday, and take a look - the same shaped candles as around 1.0 AB=CD extension. First is plunge down, second is high wave candle - the same is right now around 1.27 extension. What does it mean? Probably upward retracement to 1.3160 area is still possible and this possibilty will hold until market will not take out current lows:
eur_d_27_02_13.gif

On 4-hour chart it could be bullish dynamic pressure, since trend has turned bearish but market stands flat. Market is coiling around WPS1 and holds above 1.3020 low - that is significant low for scalp trading and, in fact, invalidation point for any scalp buy position.
eur_4h_27_02_13.gif

On hourly time frame we see our yesterday's DRPO "Buy" - it has not quite failed since still has reached 3/8 resistance, but it has not worked properly either. Anyway - when you have a pattern on your back it always gives you time to make a decision and get some profit even if you're wrong.
Currently we see that this could turn to Double bottom with the target at the same level around 1.3160 or may be slightly higher. Fortunately we have a stop grabber here and bullish trend, but major conclusiong is the same - current low is a corner stone of potential upward move:
eur_1h_27_02_13.gif

That's being said, upward retracement is still possible, but wether you will try to catch it is a quite different question. If you would like to try - make it against 1.3017 low - until it holds pullback up could happen. While it fails - market will continue move down.
If you're not scalper you have two possibilities - try to enter short with "Stop Sell" order below 1.30 or whait if retracement will still happen and search possibility to sell the rally.

Last edited:
EUR/USD Daily Update, Thu 28, February 2013

Good morning,
well, till that moment market has behaved reasonable, so let's see what we could expect today.
On daily there are not much changes. Market stands in a pullback and is leaving uncomfortable oversold condition. Currently I do not see any signs of drastical changes or reversal, so next target is the same - 1.290-1.2950 area.
eur_d_28_02_13.gif

But on the 4-hour time frame there is something to discuss. If you have long position - think about either take profit or close 50% and tight stop to b/e on the rest, since we've reached our target of retracement - 1.3160 area. Still, will it possible that market continue move higher? Yes, it could be, but for that it should pass through 50%-61.8% resistance area and break harmonic swing sequence. If this will happen, then we can count on move to 1.32 area. Market usually doubles the harmonic swing when it breaks the sequence of similar retracements.
eur_4h_28_02_13.gif

So, what we're going to do now?
If you have longs - take profit or tight your stops as we've said. Based on our trading plan 1.3160-1.3180 area - is an area where we should start search for reversal or exhausting patterns on 15-30 min charts. Since in general we're bearish, that was just a retracement, current rally is that we should use to sell into. If market will not show any reversal patterns and accelerate further - 1.32-1.3220 the next level to watch - the double distance of harmonic swing. This will not mean that downward trend is over, this will mean that market allows itself a bit more relief from bearish pressure than previously.
eur_1h_28_02_13.gif

Last edited:
EUR/USD Daily Update, Fri 01, March 2013

Good morning,
so, EUR has accomplished our minimum retracement up that equals to 4-hour harmonic swing, it has made an attempt to continue move down - so if you've entered short yesterday it's better to take small profit right now, because today's setup tells that there will be probably AB=CD retracement up on intraday charts, and here is why...

On daily we see that market has turned to forming of bearish flag instead of just continue move down as it was previously. That's normal - we have bearish continuation pattern, hence we need to enter short as close to upward border of the flag as possible and today's setup gives us excellent oportunity to do this:
eur_d_01_03_13.gif

On 4-hour chart we see that as upward move as downward move looks choppy - this looks clearer on hourly chart actually. Anyway, it means that we probably will see AB=CD retracement up. And take a look - we have bullish stop grabber right at C point of this potential pattern.
eur_4h_01_03_13.gif

So, scalpers could try to take long position with target around 1.3175 area while daily traders should keep an eye on 1.3175-1.32 area for reversal patterns, since this will be excellent chance to enter short right at upper border of bearish daily flag at Agreement.

Last edited:
TQ for your analysis. I take note of three issues. (1) If rebounce occurs on the second leg down it will reach 1.3370 level at 61.8%. I would like to consider a short here. (2) If a harmonius swing occurs it will reach 1.3000 with 3rd push. (3) I would go long if market gaps down on monday open. Is my trade plan workable ?

Hello Sive, I want to make a request: please kindly put up for download a copy of the blue chart overlay indicator you use to measure overbought and oversold. I love that indicator so much. Also I like to do my own analysis before looking at yours. I thank you for the DOSC also. Thanks for this week analysis. You're my mentor. God bless you!!!

Hello Sive, I want to make a request: please kindly put up for download a copy of the blue chart overlay indicator you use to measure overbought and oversold. I love that indicator so much. Also I like to do my own analysis before looking at yours. I thank you for the DOSC also. Thanks for this week analysis. You're my mentor. God bless you!!!

Thanks Sive, would you mind sharing your Oscillator predictor settings. I'm using a 7 period and looking back over 150 highs/lows but it looks quite different to yours

he can't wilsiano it's proprietary, see this
https://www.forexpeacearmy.com/fore...888-dinapoli-book-indicators-mt3-mt4-mt5.html

Back