FOREX PRO WEEKLY November 04-08, 2013

Sive Morten

Special Consultant to the FPA
Monthly
In today’s discussion of EUR monthly chart I would like to touch really big picture and extended perspectives. First of all, let’s take a look at US Dollar index quarterly chart. Our old members probably remember our long-term analysis that we’ve made in November of 2011. It was based on Gartley’s “222” Buy on quarterly chart and “D” point of downward AB=CD also has created a bullish stop grabber (unfortunately I can’t plot MACDP on this chart), that suggests taking out tops around 89 level. On previous week many technical analysts have pointed on possible reverse H&S pattern (Lolly Tripathy has posted it on our forum) and in general, as you can see – dollar index strongly holds above lows of 2008 and 2011 and now stands in tight range with small upward angle. Any consolidation usually leads to fast exit. As we can see our setup is still valid. Besides, if market will show action that we’ve suggested, this could lead to appearing of reverse H&S on quarterly chart since 90’s level could be treated as neckline (use your imagination). So, in long term perspective, at least currently, as we do not have reasons to thing opposite, - USD is bullish.
Fundamental rumors after FOMC meeting tell that Fed Reserve feels more and more pressure as it holds QE program. Corporate profits and results do not improve and only blind one do not see buble on stock market and on real estate market. Thus, if even they will not see desirable levels on unemployment (below 6.5%) and inflation (~2%), they do not see positive results of QE either. As time will passing by, Fed will strongly and strongy feel preasure of future risks and hazard on uncontrolled inflation. They probably anyway will have to close QE. They probably already feel this pressure. Thus, stopping of B85$ inflow will lead to buble blow on stock market and this will lead to another financial market crisis. Probably this will not be economy crisis, but mostly financial markets only. Still, this will be period of turmoil and analysis already start to talk about increasing demand for USD in long-term perspective as safe-haven asset for future collapse. May be this jump that we expect to see on USDX will coincide with collapse on stock market, who knows. But technically and fundamentally dollar now looks more bullish rather than bearish.
usdx_q_04_11_13.png

And now let’s take look at monthly time frame through the prism of quarterly USDX picture. Current reversal or whatever it is, - what is it? At first glance and by looking just at monthly chart we can say – “well, market has hit resistance and Agreement, minor bounce is possible in this case”. Indeed, market has touched 0.618 AB=CD target right at Fib resistance. In this case retracement to 1.32-1.33 area will not be look as curious. Trend holds bullish still. But honestly speaking guys, I’m a bit worring for EUR perspectives here, because something tells me that another picture has more weight right now. And here is how it looks like:
From perspective of quarterly chart, we could get “222” Sell pattern right from rock hard resistance – major 5/8 Fib level+Agreement and Yearly Pivot resistance 1. Take a look at AB-CD itself. CD leg is rather weak, especially it has become slow down even prior minor 0.618 target. This tells that upward momentum is not strong. CD leg itself is rather choppy with a lot of pullbacks. Currently we have October “Shooting star” pattern that simulteniously looks like W&R on previous swing high. This pattern suggests too deep retracement down that will be not acceptable for breakout of previous tops. And finally, we now that Pivot Resistance 1 holds retracement up if downward trend is still valid, right? That is what we see now. If you will draw trend lines, you’ll see that in fact, price action since April 2012 looks like rising wedge pattern. If we’re correct with our view, appearing of “222” Sell will lead price at minimum to 1.1950-1.20 area, it’s minor 0.618 extension. Now you can imagine where we could get if this will be Butterfly “Buy”, that we’ve discussed in previous research, dedicated to EUR. That’s right – 1.10. May be this is too pessimistic issue for EUR, and too far view, but anyway, right now I do not see valuable signs of EUR strength.

eur_m_04_11_13.png

Weekly
Trend holds bullish here. At the first glance past week’s plunge looks awful, but, guys – it holds harmonic distance! Take a look – swings up are equal to each other, and retracement down are also equal. Although recent swing up lasts 1 week longer, while recent plunge was 1 week faster than previous one...
But overall picture does not wake on long entry. Price action still gives us solid bearish engulfing pattern, that actually engulfs 2 weeks. Next support here is 1.3380-1.3420 weekly K-support that also includes previous peaks.
What risks are exist for short-term bearish plan? First is butterfly. Market has not reached yet 1.27 extension around 1.3966 and market still stands at the edge by far, when move up is still possible, at least theoretically. Our forum member Minimax also has posted his analysis on EUR and he thinks that splash up before final downward reversal is still possible. Thus, his fractal and EW analysis also suggests some motion that stands in a row with possible butterfly finalizing. Second risk is stop grabber. On next week market will fluctuate with weekly MACDP. If grabber will be formed, then this will be the pattern that we will have to take into consideration. This also could encrease chances on another upward move. It means that if we want to take short position – we have to do this as closer to 1.3830 area as possible and then monitor breakout of 1.3460-1.3480 level. This kind of action should give us room and chance to loose nothing, even if upward action will follow. Conversely, if we will get downward breakout, then we will be able to focus purely on downward development.
eur_w_04_11_13.png

Daily
Daily picture forbids us to take short position right now. Market is strongly oversold, and already in first day of November has tested MPP. Monthly Pivots stand rather tight in November. Now price has entered in previous consolidation range that coincides with daily K-support and MPP+ MPS1. May be this will turn price up for retracement. Next support will be weekly K-area around 1.3380. That’s being said conclusion here is follows. If you trade on daily chart – sit on your hand and wait for upward bounce. If you trade on intraday charts – that situation could become a chance for scalp long trade as soon as market will form any upward reversal pattern there.
eur_d_04_11_13.png

4-hour
Well guys, this picture is almost a clone of Friday’s one. Market is going and going... and going. All that we can do here is wait some reversal pattern for making an attempt for scalp buy trade. Thrust is good as on Friday and absolutely suitable for, say, DiNapoli “DRPO Buy” pattern. One of our suggestions stand around possible H&S pattern on daily. Thus, if DRPO will form right now – it’s target of 50% retracement will coincide with the top of left shoulder. From this point of view this will be perfect. Also we have another level around 1.36. It includes WPP and Fib resistance.
eur_4h_04_11_13.png

Conclusion:
In longer term perspective bearish signs could appear to be stronger than they seem right now and could lead market to serious consequences with ultimate move even to 1.10.
In short-term perspective we can’t enter short, due market deep oversold but also we have not patterns yet for make a scalp long trade. Thus, in the beginning of the week, looks like we have nothing to do but wait…

The technical portion of Sive's analysis owes a great deal to Joe DiNapoli's methods, and uses a number of Joe's proprietary indicators. Please note that Sive's analysis is his own view of the market and is not endorsed by Joe DiNapoli or any related companies.

EUR/USD Daily Update Tue 05, November 2013

Good morning,
Actually has not changed much since weekend, market still coiling around support area. Now it is difficult to understand whether price holds due K-support or mostly due oversold and MPS1+previous top. Anyway, our analysis still valid. On daily chart we would like to see some bounce, prefferably to an area around 1.3615-1.3645, 50-61.8% retracement of whole swing down. One of the patterns that could appear here is H&S, but to get it real, market should hold the harmony:

eur_d_05_11_13.png

On 4-hour chart we've counted on appearing some reversal pattern to trigger retracement up. Thus, possibility of DRPO "Buy" has not vanished yet and we even have got 1st penetration of 3x3 DMA. First move up is shy and has not reached even 3/8 resistance. This is necessary condition for DRPO. Let's see what will happen next. If DRPO will be formed, then it's minimum target (50% level) coincides with WPP and 50% level of whole thrust down coincides with left shoulder's top. We just need to wait a bit more...
eur_4h_05_11_13.png

Last edited:
EUR/USD Daily Update Wed 06, November 2013

Good morning,
on daily time frame sutation changes slowly. Investors wait for ECB meeting and GDP release tomorrow. Market stands in contraction stage and building an energy, some breakout should follow. Consolidation reminds bearish flag by far but right at solid support area. Rumors tell that ECB could even decrease rate.

eur_d_06_11_13.png

Most interesting for us is 4 hour chart. Here we've expected DRPO "Buy" and we've got it. Pattern has bee confirmed. Technically, market easily can show move to 1.3615-1.3645 prior ECB and it could happen due possible short position contraction after solid plunge on previous week. At least chances are exist of possible bounce up.
eur_4h_06_11_13.png

Actually, guys, we do not much care, whether it will be DRPO or DRPO Failure. Most important for us is direction. If we will get DRPO Failure - this is also positive moment. In this case we will know that market should continue move down.
I do not know whether you will trade it on long side or not, but anyway - keep an eye on it, especially if it will shift to failure later.

Last edited:
EUR/USD Daily Update Thu 07, November 2013

Good morning,
on daily time frame we have nothing to comment. Market just waits ECB and GDP.
eur_d_07_11_13.png

On 4-hour chart, although DRPO is still valid and market even has moved slightly higher I've closed long position, mostly by two reasons. You can try to hold it (if you have long position here), but move stop to breakeven. First reason is a price action. This is not an action after DRPO. DRPO is fast and reversal pattern. In fact, it indicates the capitulation of the bears, there inability to push market lower and that should lead to fast opposite action. But here we just choppy action without impulse, especially on hourly chart. This makes me think that we should not rely on it and expect significant action up. This could be better treated as indecision or, say, expectation, but not DRPO in action:
eur_4h_07_11_13.png

But major reason is right here, on NZD:
nzd_d_07_11_13.png

Recall our previous analysis, market finally has reached an area of potential right shoulder of H&S pattern. This pattern is bearish, but this is not the major concern. Take a look - we have bearish stop grabber right at the top of right shoulder at the eve of ECB and GDP. Getting this pattern on NZD, I have doubts about possible EUR upward action. I do not call you trade NZD (although you can), I just explain why I do not want to take part in upward EUR action any more... These sighs now point on good odds that our medium term bearish setup could start to realize today, we'll see...

Last edited:
NZD/USD Daily Update Fri 08, November 2013

Good morning,
today we will take a look at NZD, because tomorrow we will return right back to EUR and situation on NZD is more interesting in short-term.
On daily chart we have two patterns. Bearish grabber has been confirmed and is working (at least currently), second, more extended pattern is still forming. I mean H&S. Trend has turned bearish here and we have two targets. The grabber's one stands at 0.8190 lows and this is minimum target. IF H&S will be formed and start to work, then it is very probable to see move to 0.8030-0.8060 Agreement with major 5/8 Fib support. That is our daily plan. Risk and invalidation point around 0.8420. Because if market will take out these highs, then it will erase grabber and put under question H&S pattern as well:

nzd_d_08_11_13.png

On 4-hour chart trend has shifted bearish as well. The top of possible right shoulder stands right at 5/8 Resistance of the head and also is an Agreement with upward AB=CD 1.618 target. Now we see first move down and retracement from it.
nzd_4h_08_11_13.png

As we have bearish context and searching chance for short entry, on hourly chart we see solid resistance 0.8345-0.8360 and possible AB=CD retracement up. Thus, somewhere around 0.8350-0.8360 we need to search possibility for short entry. IF, of cause we will not see some explosive upmove trhough it. Keep an eye on a harmony of this AB=CD and it's graduality. Let's hope that market will act as we need :)
nzd_1h_08_11_13.png

Last edited:
Hi Sive, I just wanted you to have a look at my weekly chart. Sometimes I come across differences in measuring the swings and the extensions cause it depends on what swings you consider. I would like to know what you think, I saw this at the beginning of last week and was always short on EUR, fortunately!
Thanks for your hard work.
Cheers

eurusdweekly.png

Attachments

• metatrader - alpari uk.png
    metatrader - alpari uk.png
    185.1 KB · Views: 40
Hi Sive, I just wanted you to have a look at my weekly chart. Sometimes I come across differences in measuring the swings and the extensions cause it depends on what swings you consider. I would like to know what you think, I saw this at the beginning of last week and was always short on EUR, fortunately!
Thanks for your hard work.
Cheers

Hi Pedro,
well, unfortunately I do not know "Navarro 200" pattern, thus it is diffiuclt to give comments on it.

Back