FOREX PRO WEEKLY September 16-20, 2013

Sive Morten

Special Consultant to the FPA
Monthly
Today guys, I’ve decided to break the monotony of EUR hegemony and take a look at NZD. The reason is I do not want to repeat the same analysis on EUR, that we’ve discussed on previous week. All that we’ve said is still valid and even more – we have another bullish stop grabber on weekly chart. Thus, analysis of monthly and weekly chart will be the same. Short-term analysis we will discuss within next week. Besides, I believe that you have enough skills to create your own entry plan with upward continuation.
Now, why I’ve chosen Kiwi. I’ve checked all majors and some pairs have really intriguing setups either currently or potentially. I even could say – all majors have it, mostly AUD, GBP and NZD. But kiwi also has a lot of hidden moments that not everybody sees. But these moments as you will see, rather poweful and could significantly increase probability of success. I’m not sure that I will track NZD in daily video updates, but sometimes it makes sense to take a look at it. Especially when you see what we have now. So, let’s start with it.
Actually the core we have on monthly chart. Such sort of setups are not as obvious as just simple patterns or indicators and demand complex look at sutiation. When you will combine different patterns and they unite in completed thrilling picture, that’s really amazing.
First of all, we have big AB=CD pattern with target around 0.92. Market now stands above 0.618 and coiling slightly below 1.0 major objective point. When you see such situaiton this tells that it’s a great probability of upward move, since market just can’t remain in semi-position and gravitates to completion point of the pattern. Now, if you’re careful enough you’ll another two prompts. First is bullish dynamic pressure. MACD shows bear trend, while market is forming the sequense of higher lows. Thus, I’ve drawn not a divergence, but just show you difference between trend and price action. Bullish dynamic pressure suggests taking out of previous highs at minimum. Second is obvious and nicely looking potential butterfly “Sell” pattern. The 1.618 extension stands slightly above AB=CD target and here is conclusion could be made that AB=CD target will be hit exactly by butterfly.
And finally Monthly Pivot. Market has tested it and moves above it, and in general – take a look that price more or less holds above broken highs. So current retracement looks like re-testing of broken highs.
Just to totally complete monthly picture the 1.27 extension of BC leg stands right in the same area – around 0.92. I haven’t drawn it here, just to keep chart clear, but you can check it, if you want.
As you can see, details, that at first glance look unimportnant and blur, in fact create the core of monthly setup. Thus, I hope that the majority of traders do not see it. In this case there should be not bad chances on success. Let’s see what we have on lower time frames.

nzd_m_16_09_13.png

Weekly
On weekly chart we do not see much. Trend is bullish and market has formed excellent stop grabber, but unfortunately it has hit minimum target already. Now market stands at resistance – 50% Fib resistance and natural support/resistance line, probably you see it. Another moment that I like here is that price has erased long bearish candles rather fast.
nzd_w_16_09_13.png

Also we will take an oportunity and look at EUR weekly chart as well, as we have a little to discuss on weekly NZD.
On EUR here is the second grabber that I’ve talked about. Trend holds bullish and market forms grabbers with the direction of trend and price action – that’s the ones that I like mostly. Price still stands around MPP.
eur_w_16_09_13.png

Daily
Daily picture is also rather informative. I do not trade NZD very often, and do not know exactly how reliable Double (Triple) bottom (DB) pattern here, but I can’t call pattern that I see here some other way. At least it looks like DB or TB. The area where it has been formed (but not triggered yet, since market has not passed through neckline) is also important. Take a look – this is 76.8% weekly support. This level is very common for starting points of butterflies’ right wing. As a rule right wing starts at 0.618-76.8% support levels.
But, guys, if this is even not a DB we have another important thing here. This is most recent upward thrust. We do not need 3x3 DMA to say that it is perfect and absolutely suitable for any DiNapoli directional pattern. And why this pattern could appear here? Because market at weekly resistance that is also looks like neckline here. Hence this is our chance to step in and if we will be lucky even move stop to breakeven after that.
nzd_d_16_09_13.png

4-hour
Well, this chart shows how all this stuff could be played out. Excellent thrust up, and potential for DRPO “Sell” that has not been confirmed on Friday for 1 pip. Appearing or small W&R adds some more bearishness to setup and in fact shows the DRPO that I like – with second higher top. Take a note that DRPO is appearing not just “somewhere”, but at daily/weekly resistance. This is important. I suppose that potential level to watch for, at least it seems attractive to me, is 0.7975-0.7995 K-support, that is also will be WPS1. And we know that WPS1 should hold downward retracement if trend is still bullish. Besides, previous swings down were rather deep, that’s why we choose this level. But you probably could find another K-support around 0.8050 level as well.
As usual, guys, I talk this in every research but I’m not tired to repeat. Use common sense. If we will get falling like a stone market – do not take long position. DRPO could lead to fast fall, but still it should not look like previous swing down. Second, scalpers could watch for DRPO for scalp short trade as well.
nzd_4h_16_09_13.png

Conclusion:
I hope that you will find interesting and useful NZD analysis. It is also very educative as well. We’ve got lucky and have a lot of patterns, issues here that we do not deal very often. Hope our analysis will work, because it is not as obvious has many others, especially on monthly chart. The clear picture is hidden under some blur patterns that is not easy to interpret…

The technical portion of Sive's analysis owes a great deal to Joe DiNapoli's methods, and uses a number of Joe's proprietary indicators. Please note that Sive's analysis is his own view of the market and is not endorsed by Joe DiNapoli or any related companies.

EUR/USD Daily Update Tue 17, September 2013

Good morning,
Monday's gap has changed a bit overall short-term picture. Thus, on NZD our DRPO has never been confirmed. Although this gap has not chanced the core, it just puts some adjustments in short-term picture. So it is possible that some other pattern could be formed on NZD 4-hour chart...

Now lets return back to EUR again. On daily time frame gap has not changed overall picture. We still expect upward action and taking out previous highs on daily chart. This context is based on 2 bullish grabbers that we have on weekly chart. Market has opened right above 5/8 Fib resistance and has hit next level - MPR1. Although we've expected a bit different action, may be some retracement before 5/8 breakout. But, this retracement still could happen, because market very rare leaves unclosed gaps, and second, WPP has not been tested yet.
eur_d_17_09_13.png

On 4-hour chart we see that market has opened right around WPR1 as well with this gap and formed bearish engulfing pattern. Around WPP we also have 3/8 Fib support and MPP.
So, if bullish context is still valid, this levels seems as attractive for searching possible bullish signals.
eur_4h_17_09_13.png

Last edited:
EUR/USD Daily Update Tue 18, September 2013

Good morning,
Market is preparing to FOMC meeting, so just few things could be added today. On daily time frame market has formed inside session and is still coiling above gap. Here is in fact, nothing new.
eur_d_18_09_13.png

On 4-hour chart we see some bounce up inside of engulfing pattern's body and this is normal, but at the same time it looks like bullish dynamic pressure. Since market has shifted trend to bearish but price action does not support it and even moves higher. This is not neccesary mean some upward continuation right from current place, but as volatility will appear with FOMC meeting, market could show, say, some splash up, spike or something of that sort. Thus, the previous highs will be challenged and minimum target of bullish pressure will be hit.
eur_4h_18_09_13.png

On hourly chart this even could take place of butterfly "sell". What is interesting, that market could as accomplish butterfly (1.27 target stands at 1.34) as show retracement that particularly could start by this butterfly. In this case we will be watch for the same level as we've discussed yesterday - 1.3275 Fib support+MPP+WPP.
eur_1h_18_09_13.png

Last edited:
EUR/USD Daily Update Thu 19, September 2013

Good morning,
well guys, and this week comes to logical ending. Market has accomplished our minimum weekly target - taking out previous highs on daily chart. Simulteniously price also has hit 0.618 minor extension of daily large AB=CD pattern that we've discussed. It probably will be logical to think about taking profit today, at least partially and tight stops on the rest of position if you indend to hold it further.
Also, as you can see on daily chart market stands at overbought and 1.27 extension of previous retracement down. If not today but probably tomorrow traders will take some steps in profit taking, because this week was really resultive.
eur_d_19_09_13.png

But we will not rest on laurels and gradually will pass to next task here. Generally speaking I wonder, should we expect further upward action or not and currently I gravitate more to say "yes" rather than "no". Mostly because of the strength of yesterday's move up and moderate previous retracement - it was 50%. Chances on continuation are not bad, especially if we recall our weekly analysis of 1-2 months ago understand where it comes from. But we need insurance from market behavior. Thus, let's take a look at 4-hour chart.

eur_4h_19_09_13.png

This chart should be watched in a couple with daily one. I've marked 1.3420 area - that is where previous tops stand on daily chart. As market has accelerated through all possible Pivots, this is definite sign on continuation. Now market has hit just minor 0.618 target and this has happened by very strong candle. This also points that retracement should not be too extended. The one complicated factor here is overbought. Anyway, first level that we should watch for is first K-support area and previous highs. 1.3415-1.3430. Now, if market due oversold will pass through it - that will not be a tragedy. Another K-support area stands at 1.3363-1.3375 and is based on major 3/8 support. That is a breakeven area. If market will pass through it then two major setups will be broken - too extended retracement for just 0.618 AB=CD target and too deep move below broken highs. Also market will erase this upward strong candle and that also will be bearish sign.
So, now let's wait for retracement and keep eye open on any sign that could tell us how deep it could be.

Last edited:
EUR/USD Daily Update Fri 20, September 2013

Good morning,
Guys, shortly speaking - today probably will be reasonable to take some rest and spend time with your friends and relatives. Market has calmed down a bit and hardly we will see some tough action today, on Friday. It is too early to take long position, since market stands at overbought and resistance and we can't take short position, since context is strongly bullish.
On daily chart is nothing special to add. You can see, how market has tried yesterday to continue move up, but failed and stuck in our resistance area. Today probably traders will shift to some profit taking, since previous 2 weeks were quite resultive.
eur_d_20_09_13.png

But if you're a fan of trading, on 4-hour chart you can watch for potential bullish stop grabber. Personally I'm not impressed with it and do not intend to take any action today, but theoretically it could appear, since price is flirting with MACDP line right now.
eur_4h_20_09_13.png

All other analysis is still the same, as we've discussed yesterday - same levels and same comments. On hourly chart current flat upward action looks heavy and heavier than previous one. This is the sign of weakness and retracement down could start even today probably.

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing this new pair to me. My impression is it has now entered the fourth month of distribution phase. Probably something big is on the way. But need to update myself with economic news and data etc to get the flow feeling.

Hi Sive sir,
as you said we got 2nd SG on weekly tf.. so the take profit area shud be the same..
but can you pls tell us something abt retracement which area is good to take long, at current level or to wait a bit..
sive sir one more thng i want to request you to tell the weekly and daily overbought area..
Thank you very much in advance.:)
here i am posting 1hr chart. 1hr tf.jpg

SIVE SIR WISH YOU A VERY RELAXING WEEKEND AND PROFITABLE WEEK AHEAD
ALL MY FRIENDS WISH YOU GREEN PIPS..

Hi Lolly!
I don't think this is a butterfly, mostly because is on top and second because this is not a typical right wing action. The right wing should progress to the extension without such a significant retracement. As you can see, it almost erased the down move.
I think this is a Daily flag or intraday horizontal channel. So we need to take position close to the lower border or after breakout. But market is consolidating just below the resistance so I don't think there will be much retracement.

I have been lurking here for a year or or 2 but I still do not fully understand stop grabber.

Sive, you say stop grabbers go in the direction of the trend, now i am totally confused as i thought it was the tails going in the opposite direction of the trend that you called stop grabbers..

Can you or anyone explain in simple terms what a stop grabber is/does and looks like one as one
of them you highlighted has no tail.

I have done a search in the forum but it does not come up with any suitable answers.

Back