FPA Introduces EA Performance Testing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, that's really a great thread!

I'm using Buru (EA) with IBFX Australia as broker Automated Forex Trading Software | Buru Trader

Can you test them as well please? Because I use my clients' money on this. Until now it works fine :) and the only thing I had to setup was the leverage, easy.

Thanks for your feedback!!

Cheers and happy pips

And here are another 4 tests for you. The first 3 are volunteers...

CAD-Trader

foreC-phe III by FxForeC.com

Winning Deals Scalping EA by Forex-WD.com

I'd like to personally thank all 3 for volunteering.

And someone down in testing bought a copy of this well publicized one...

1 Click Pips

And, I've got cool new feature for you. Click here and then click where it says Show in Graphical Format towards the upper left. This lets you look through services tested based on profitability, live vs. demo, and active vs. inactive.

And here are another 4 tests for you. The first 3 are volunteers...

CAD-Trader

foreC-phe III by FxForeC.com

Winning Deals Scalping EA by Forex-WD.com

I'd like to personally thank all 3 for volunteering.

And someone down in testing bought a copy of this well publicized one...

1 Click Pips

And, I've got cool new feature for you. Click here and then click where it says Show in Graphical Format towards the upper left. This lets you look through services tested based on profitability, live vs. demo, and active vs. inactive.

Hi FPA,

I love all you do for us 4xers. Tried the graphical display for EAs, but it just kind of grinds away with no graphics. Here's the error at bottom lleft of the page:
------------------------------------------
Webpage error details

User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; Trident/4.0; GTB6.6; SLCC2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; Media Center PC 6.0; InfoPath.2; .NET4.0C; WWTClient2; BRI/2)
Timestamp: Tue, 26 Apr 2011 18:21:08 UTC

Line: 152
Char: 63
Code: 0
URI: https://www.google.com/uds/api/visu...043ed67e7dcd564353f3d8/default,corechart.I.js
-----------------------------------------------

Maybe you can use it to trouble shoot.

Cheers.
Jim Bentz

Internet Explorer Error

I owe an apology to all IE users. Seems like our graphical pages does not display correctly with this browser. We are working to fix it.

I've got some new EAs and some impressive crash and burns for you.

First, the new volunteers.

On a LIVE account...

Leo Trader Pro

Leo Trader volunteered a while back, but it wasn't compatible with the FPA's Linux VPS. The FPA is now using investor access to monitor a real money account being run by the people at LeoTrader.

One demo accounts...

Fractal Pterodactyl from ForexRobotTrader

Risk Diversifier (see note below)

Winning Deals EA

I'd like to thank all of these companies for volunteering.

EA Prof was restarted. They told us that initial broker selected by the FPA wasn't compatible with the strategy used. So far, the new account is doing much better.

In the crash and burn, I have two sets. First, the normal ones...

The FPA had only been monitoring the Risk Diversifier account managed by the company for a little over a week, but the account had been running for 3 weeks. It was making a profit. It experienced catastrophic losses on May 5th, ending with less than 1% of the initial balance.

Another monitored demo was running on Forex CyberTrade. Performance had been fairly flat for over a month and then it lost over 99% of it's balance on some EURUSD shorts.

FxFurious was trading on a live account. The graph shows 2 periods of profit, each followed by a large drawdown. The second drawdown finished off most of the account balance.

And now the precious metal issue. Gold and Silver have been making very large gains for some time now. Even if this continues, right now the market has pulled back hard.

Gold Expert Advisor hasn't crashed, but is sitting on a very large drawdown.

Forex Gold Trader had been making large profits in both gold and silver. On May 5th, it lost over 98% of the account balance in a margin call.

Both of the metal EAs only made buy trades. While gold and silver were in a strong upward move, this wasn't a bad strategy. Now that there is a downtrend, one was margin called and the other is in serious loss.

I am impressed that the owner of Forex Gold Trader posted this in the discussion thread for his product...

Hi,

I am really sorry for FPA Tester account loss and all members. :unhappy:
XAGUSD has dropped more than 30%, it never happened before.
Also XAGUUSD value at FXPRO (tester account) is too expensive.
1 lot XAGUSD value $50 per pip
1 lot XAUUSD value $10 per pip

Btw, we have added sell function on Version 3.0, which we will release it on monday.

Backtest result from January 2010 - May 2011 attached.

We still backtesting and optimizing it.

Thank you

Faiz

Making the product be able to function under different market conditions will be a major improvement. I hope that the FPA can get a copy as soon as it's ready so that it can be tested.

There is one other feature that links the problems with all of the metal EAs and the forex EA failures I've listed. None set stop losses on trades.

Three new EAs for you. The first is a volunteer on a real account...

BLT-NT-MULTILOT from Forex-Robots-Signals.com

I'd like to thank Forex Robots Signals (formerly Fx Cashflow Team) for volunteering and providing the FPA with investor access to this account.

And the FPA bought a couple of EAs to test...

EA Midas

Fx Voodoo

There are more in the queue. I'll let you know when a few more are available.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back