• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Discuss Fxcm.com

General discussions of a financial company
Желаю процветания Вашей компании.

Thank you, Alex :)

As you know, trading on news releases is a high risk strategy. This risk exists with all brokers, not just FXCM. One example of this risk is slippage. That's when an order is filled at a different price than what's specified. One advantage of trading with FXCM is that we're currently one of the few firms in the industry to allow traders to benefit from positive slippage. That's when an order is filled at a better price. This is also known as a price improvement. In just a six month period from August 2013 to January 2014, FXCM clients received over $15 million dollars in price improvements.

By contrast, when other brokers re-quote orders from clients trading on news releases, traders often get re-quotes when the market moves in their favor, but don't get re-quotes when the market moves against them. In other words, the process is asymmetrically applied to the broker's benefit. It's possible this asymmetrical application of re-quotes could cause traders to miss out on potential price improvements. There are no re-quotes with FXCM. That's a major reason why traders have entrusted FXCM with $1.191 billion in client funds.

Trading Hours for Memorial Day

Below are the Memorial Day trading hours for CFDs on Monday, May 26th. All times listed are in GMT.

Forex trading hours remain unchanged, opening on Sunday between 21:00 and 21:15 GMT and closing on Friday at 20:55 GMT.

1A8Ybii.png

For the holiday schedule for rollover interest (AKA swaps) visit the DailyFX Rollover Calendar.

* While the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) does not list May 26th as a holiday, they tend to close early on US holidays. That means there's a strong possiblity that AUS200 trading will close early for Memorial Day.

CFD Share Trading with No Dealing Desk (NDD) Execution

FXCM will soon be introducing CFD Share Trading with No Dealing Desk (NDD) execution. That means our clients can gain exposure to hundreds of large-cap shares with no re-quotes, no trading restrictions, and zero conflict of interest. While official launch date is still pending, you can request to receive early access.

Lon7ng8.png

Real Forex Volume Now Available

A common frustration for forex traders is that real volume information for currency trades is hard to come by for the market. FXCM now offers a solution! The first real forex volume and transactions indicators are here.

Until now, other forex volume indicators have only shown tick volume, only part of the story with nothing about actual order flow. Now, FXCM's Real Volume and Transactions Indicators bring a pair of critical indicators to your charts, giving you the complete picture.

190.jpg

In the 5-minute chart above you can see how much volume surged during the ECB announcement on June 5th. I imagine we could see a similar surge in trading for FOMC this week.

191.jpg

The groundbreaking Real Volume/Transactions indicators display real trade volume and number of transactions from FXCM's clients around the world, giving you the advantage of a deeper look into the market.

The Real Volume Indicator shows the total volume of live trades during a specified period. Total volume is calculated from the sum of individual transactions. For example:

• Client A buys 10K EUR/USD, sells 10K EUR/USD = 20,000 in volume
  • Client B buys 10K EUR/USD, buys 20K EUR/USD = 30,000 in volume
  • Total Real Volume = 50,000
The Transactions Indicator shows the sum of individual tickets executed during a specified period. For example:

• Client A opens 10K EUR/USD, closes 10K EUR/USD = two transactions
  • Client B opens 10K EUR/USD, closes 5K EUR/USD, closes 5K EUR/USD = three transactions
  • Total Transactions: Five
The Real Volume/Transactions indicators work on multiple timeframes: m1, m5, m15, m30, H1, H2, H3, H4, H6, H8, D1, W1 and M1. You can use these indicators with 14 currency pairs: EUR/USD, USD/JPY, GBP/USD, EUR/JPY, AUD/USD, GBP/JPY, USD/CAD, AUD/JPY, USD/CHF, EUR/CHF, NZD/USD, EUR/AUD, EUR/GBP and EUR/CAD.

You can now download the beta release of FXCM's Real Volume and Transactions Indicators at FXCMapps.com

Dear friends,

I have had a tiny amount of experience with FXCM over the past month or so. After reading reviews on the internet about them (such as on this site) I am a bit more wary of trading with them, particularly with the comments about slippage and platform freezing. I have opened a $50 live account with them however am not ready to place trades.

Dear friends,

I have had a tiny amount of experience with FXCM over the past month or so.

Hi Jamesray,

Welcome to the forum! :) How has your experience been with FXCM so far?

After reading reviews on the internet about them (such as on this site) I am a bit more wary of trading with them, particularly with the comments about slippage and platform freezing. I have opened a $50 live account with them however am not ready to place trades.

I appreciate your concerns. FXCM takes client feedback very seriously. That's why we take the time to respond to any concerns raised by clients such as yourself on this forum and others. This commitment to our clients is a major reason why traders have entrusted us with over $1 billion in client funds.

Also, it's important to keep in mind that it's the nature of online forex reviews, that people sometimes post negative reviews when they're upset about an issue, before speaking with customer service to find a solution. The fact is that FXCM is often able to follow up with clients who post negative reviews and successfully resolve their issue, but this is sometimes not reflected with a review update. However, this is reflected in FXCM's continued growth. We're currently one of the only retail forex brokers that's a publicly-traded company (NYSE ticker: FXCM) and as of the latest data, we have over 190,000 retail tradable accounts.

In regards to your concerns about slippage, it's worth noting that slippage can be positive or negative. Positive slippage is when your order gets filled at a better price than you requested, also known as a price improvement. Negative slippage is when your order gets filled at a worse price than you requested. FXCM is currently one of the only forex brokers to allow our clients to benefit from positive slippage on orders in full whenever it's available. In just a six month period from August 2013 to January 2014, FXCM clients received over $15 million dollars in price improvements.

Furthermore, FXCM platforms offer clients the ability to minimize negative slippage while maximizing positive slippage.

I have opened a $50 live account with them however am not ready to place trades.

Is the reason you don't feel ready due only to the concerns you stated, or are you still working to build confidence in your own trading?

Hi Admin

my first new post disappeared. Fluke or was there something wrong with it?

We vote "fluke". There's no sign of a rejected post. - FPA Forums Team

Holiday trading hours for CFDs in July

All times listed are in GMT.

UFHneoK.png

Forex trading hours remain unchanged, opening on Sunday between 21:00 and 21:15 GMT and closing on Friday at 20:55 GMT.

For the holiday schedule for rollover interest (AKA swaps) visit the DailyFX Rollover Calendar.

Reading between the lines

Yes, well... I never had to talk to my broker's customer service department. NOT ONCE.

OMG! How in the world is this possible, you ask? Simple: never had a single issue. period. If my broker's IT department can pull it off, the question is: Why can't your IT department, or the plethora of subpar brokers with underperforming IT backends (either by design or sheer incompetence, i don't know)?

FXCM is very lucky that their US customers are captive customers due to the asinine regulations in the alleged land-of-the-free. That is to say, the choices available to the american retail trader are ever decreasing as in the past years many brokers closed shop and moved to other countries as US clients are not allowed to do business with European brokers either de facto or de jure (to stay up-to-date with what's going on in this less than transparent industry, read this site: Forex Magnates - Home of the Forex Elite).

Therefore, were the US retail market truly open to competition, you might be singing another tune when it comes to those 190K tradable accounts.

Anyways, don't take this personally. I understand it's your job to project a positive image as much as possible. There is however a difference between truth and image. And it is true your posts are always designed to cast a glowing light on your employer.

But one has to ask: has FXCM given up the shady practices of its murk past? Is it now squeaky clean?

I certainly hope so, but one has to remember that if such practices were going on in the early years of the company, it usually doesn't happen by chance, but at best it is always accompanied either by tacit, or at worst, explicit condoning from the very top of the company. Today, the company's leadership has not changed and we keep hearing the same stories, albeit less frequently and not as bad as it used to be.

So what are we to believe? That top management had a change of heart and felt so sorry for those poor hapless retail traders they decided not to take advantage of the clients' ignorance? To help you draw your own conclusions, here's an excerpt from wikipedia (FXCM - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia) re the company (there is more--do your due diligence):

"Initial public offering, law suits, fines and expansion[edit]

In December 2010, FXCM went public and began trading on the NYSE, becoming the first forex broker in the US to IPO. The initial public offering price was 14.00 per share.[5][6] The following year, in February and March 2011, a number of class actions lawsuits were filed against FXCM, alleging fraud and racketeering from deceptive and unfair trade practices, and misleading shareholders during the 2010 IPO.[7][8][9][10]
In August 2011, the NFA fined FXCM $2M for slippage malpractices. FXCM reached settlements with the NFA and the CFTC of $2M and $6M respectively, for practices relating to failure to pass along positive slippage to customers on certain order types prior to August 2010. In conjunction with these settlements, FXCM provided clients with restitution for the total amount of positive slippage, approximately $8M.[11]

In October 2011, FXCM completed its acquisition of Japanese FX broker Foreland Forex Co., Ltd. for approximately $17M, net of cash and liquid assets acquired.[12]

On October 25, 2011, three debtors, Certified, Inc., Global Bullion Trading Group, Inc., and WJS Funding, Inc., filed an adversary complaint in the United States Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of Florida against Forex Capital Markets LLC, ODL Securities, Inc., and ODL Securities, Ltd. (“Defendants”). The complaint asserts claims under the Federal Bankruptcy Code to recover allegedly preferential and fraudulent transfers to the Defendants, under the Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations Act (“RICO”), 18 U.S.C §1961 et seq., as well as the common law. The complaint seeks an unspecified amount of compensatory and punitive damages, interests, and costs.[13]""

As for the newbies reading this, please don't kid yourselves: you might open a tiny $100 account and not see nothing much untowards, and why would you since the amounts traded are so puny to be irrelevant. It's when you start trading size that you should get more worried about a broker's lack of IT (ie backend execution engine) excellence. At best, you'll get a subpar execution experience; at worst, you'll be downright scammed by built-in software mechanisms designed specifically to shave off a few more pips here and there.

Bottom line, if all you have is a customer rep's word for it, that is no more proof than me saying it is true or false. Do your own research.

So, how do you find out for sure? Simple: the broker needs to be absolutely transparent. And this means external audits by more than 1 independent 3rd party and even better, frank and open disclosure of the underlying technology on the backend. And even better: the ability to actually talk and ask questions to their IT team. So far, FXCM fails miserably in this regard.

I only know of 1 broker who meets all the criteria above, and they aren't in the US but in the UK.

For those of you who are serious about this, time to get a 2nd passport legally: https://www.tdvpassports.com/

Good luck to all who are struggling.

Last edited:
Back