• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Discuss Fxcm.com

General discussions of a financial company
Greece Bailout Outcome May Impact Your Trading

Attention Traders

As pressure builds up in the eurozone to reach a deal to solve the ongoing crisis over Greece's bailout, the currency markets may face a significant impact today and through the weekend, and as such we recommend you take protective measures.

HOW COULD THIS IMPACT YOUR TRADING?

We believe there is a chance of disruption and highly illiquid conditions in the European forex market and a risk of the markets opening on Sunday, February 22, at a significantly different level from the close today.

When trading resumes following a major news event, price movements commonly have gaps—that is, currencies trade at prices considerably distant from previous levels. To manage your risk against any potentially disrupted market conditions, we recommend you take the following precautions:

• Reduce the size of any open EUR positions in order to free additional margin
    [*]Increase your account balance to add available margin:
    Visit MyFXCM.com to deposit funds

Thanks for this heads up. Approximately how many days or weeks do you think things will get back to normal? I'm planning to hold off trading for this.
1.gif

I noticed that of all the posts regarding FXCM, their representative a ""Mr Rogers" totally evaded responding to mine....mmm...curious :confused:

Thanks for this heads up. Approximately how many days or weeks do you think things will get back to normal? I'm planning to hold off trading for this.
1.gif

Hi Joelmch,

The 4 month Greek bailout extension was approved by Eurozone Finance Ministers, so the immediate threat from this news event has subsided. However, if you plan on trading the Euro, you should still keep up to date with scheduled news events and manage your positions accordingly: Forex Economic Calendar

I noticed that of all the posts regarding FXCM, their representative a ""Mr Rogers" totally evaded responding to mine....mmm...curious :confused:

I can't comment on why your application was rejected. Only the Compliance department would be able to speak with you about that.

Trading Hours for Start of Daylight Savings Time in the US

Hi Everyone,

Daylight Savings Time will start in the US on Sunday, March 8th. That means the trading hours for CFDs that follow US market times will shift by one hour starting next week. I've highlighted the changes below in red.

mBg93Mx.png

Forex Trading Hours

In terms of New York Time, the trading desk will still open at 5pm on Sunday and close at 5pm on Friday as always. However, since New York Time will shift this weekend from GMT-5 to GMT-4, the trading desk hours will also shift by one hour in GMT terms. Starting next week, the trading desk will open at 21:00 GMT on Sunday and close at 21:00 GMT on Friday.​

A special note for all MT4 clients on our New York Close servers

The time zone on our New York Close MT4 servers will change this weekend from GMT+2 to GMT+3. In this way, midnight on your MT4 charts will stay in line with the 5pm New York Close. If you have any EAs or indicators that use a GMT offset, please update them to GMT+3 this weekend.​

Just had a margin call with FXCM & I don't know why!

I'm trading on zulutrade & just had a margin call. My account was around £1420 with around £200 drawdown & then wham I get a margin call.

I have had my account at £1000 with £300 drawdown & no margin call so why now? Only thing that I have done different is I placed 2 buy trades on EUR/CHF & was only around 25pips in drawdown on those. I haven't traded that pair since black thursday

I'm trading on zulutrade & just had a margin call. My account was around £1420 with around £200 drawdown & then wham I get a margin call.

I have had my account at £1000 with £300 drawdown & no margin call so why now? Only thing that I have done different is I placed 2 buy trades on EUR/CHF & was only around 25pips in drawdown on those. I haven't traded that pair since black thursday

Huh? What's your leverage? I don't think even 1:100 leverage will get margin call at this point.

Back