GUILTY Case# 2014-024 | Peace09 vs astonmarkets.com

Based on the available evidence, do you believe that AstonMarkets is guilty?

• Guilty

Votes: 45 97.8%
  • Not Guilty

Votes: 1 2.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Peace09

Recruit
Original FPA Traders Court Submission:

I am submitting the case against: www.astonmarkets.com

My Case is: On the 9th of December 2013 a supposed representative from Aston Markets phoned me. I the spoke to a William Taylor who would trade on my behalf. I researched the company and found some references to them from 2011, believing that they have been around for at least 2 years. He gave me some forecasts all of which came into fruition. I started off by depositing funds via their web address and they doubled all my deposits with bonuses. The initial trades went well up to 21st Dec when I had to change my password before the trades would eat into my capital balance. Thereafter I tried to withdraw my funds and it seemed they dissapeared. After numerous occasions of trying to make conact I realised I have been scammed.

New thread in the Scam Alerts Folder:

Review is submitted by Peace10 on 01/20/14

The company was first contacted about the issue on 12/21/13 the last contact was on 01/14/14

Details: None

Company representatives' emails: <w.taylor@astonmarkets.com>
<support@astonmarkets.com>

Attachments

• untitled.png
    139 KB · Views: 4
Yo AsstMod! When you finish digging out from under the pile of YouTradeFx filings, can you please get a case number and a formal invitation issued.

What does Peace09 wish us to do?

He states the firm no longer exists...

He also stated that his deposit was doubled via bonuses but no details on the T&Cs surrounding the availability of those funds.

He admits to a modicum of due diligence but it seems by his own statement he moved forward on the basis of "...some forecasts all of which came into fruition."

Frankly, I'm tired of having to read these "cases" where the "unwitting" are attracted to bonuses and fast money, ignore the most basic principles of due diligence, and send in their hard earned money on the promise (or premise) of fast, easy riches in the Fx markets!

There are scammers out there to be sure. But is it the purpose of the FPA to relieve the population of responsibility for their avarice and greed?

In this case... we can't even be sure the broker was a scam or just inept and went under. OK... no bankruptcy filing or communication is a give away, but what can be done for Peace09?

How many cases continue to be raised for a vote with the same theme and justification?

It's tiring me that my fellow traders are so gullible. Makes me want to look in a mirror and see if that's what stares back at me...

The AstonMarket.com website is still up and running. They were given more than sufficient opportunity to come here and defend themselves.

Even if it wasn't, guilty verdicts and scam findings will apply if a company tries to come back under a new name.

Part of due diligence is learning about what sort of bad things can happen to a trader.

I think the reply by dbrawner to peace09 is rather harsh.

Firstly Aston Forex is still up and running and still scamming people (like me) out of funds.
It's not a case of being greedy, gullible definately, but then when you are looking for an option that seems to work you will take up that option.

I started this account with $2000.00 and after a week it had doubled itself (without the bonus) so I put in more money and as it grew and I put in more money etc etc.

My account grew from the final $10,000.00 USD I put in into $90,000.00 USD in 7 weeks over 75 trades of which some were losers but most were winners. I needed to draw $4000.00 urgently before Xmas and this was paid out within 72 hours. I was even given a Aston Markets (Debit Card)

Then came the rub.... I made arrangements to draw $3000.00 on the 27th of each month........ absolutely nothing since then.
I was able to phone the account manager William Taylor up until yesterday now I get fobbed off by someone else as I have his personal phone.

If they are genuine they should respond here with reasons.

Goodness me, the gentleman has attitude .......In every walk of life new experiences present learning curves and we learn through our mistakes, that is received wisdom. Sadly, when it comes to investments, mistakes - whether lack of due diligence, or poor trading - amount to financial loss. Aston Markets presented themselves as honest but now are not behaving honestly ie they are scammers.

Back