Is This Legal

Zairi1577

Recruit
Hi I need some help or advice,

I recently join optiontrade which is under hotforex due to reason first they were regulated and there is also demo account which you can open for free without deposit. Everything was fine at first when I started trading live I have notice most of my trade have different in their CURRENT PRICE on the open position window with the chart current live price but I manage to talk to the support and asked for their advice regarding this issue. I have notice this a number of times(loss trade) but i was thinking due to lagging or minor glitches which need fixing. I was told to record video or print screen of the trade i made to see weather this problem still happening to my amaze the it happen 2 times in a single day trade and I mange to record it and send it to them in the reply they say this is the reason.

"Dear Client,

Following up on our Live Chat conversation with regards to different prices,

Our Liquidity providers have advised us to ensure you that the prices are correct.

The reason there were two different prices is due to the fact that you were looking at two different options (both call options) of the same asset with different expiry time.

In the Video USD/JPY
Position ID 59149 USD/JPY Expiry time 6:30PM GMT compared to Position ID 59150 USD/JPY Expiry time 7:00PM GMT, a difference of approximately 4 Pipet 4/10th of a Pip.

Binary options are a derivative trading market in which the prices that are shown are a strike price/option price. The strike price in the platform is a derivative of the underlying assets price but not necessarily reflects the same price.

The Option/Strike price may or may not be equal to the market price at the time you buy an option but upon the option expiration time, the prices will always reflects the actual underlying prices at the moment of expiry.

Should you need any further explanation please do not hesitate to contact us."

The funny this is I have 2 open positions and both have different CURRENT PRICE and strike price. I was wondering can that happen cause both are still in trades on same time but with different expiry time. So I was wondering is this price manipulation cause as I had a number of chat with the support staff there is no spread,Margin or leverage in binary option my question is why are there CURRENT PRICES differences. Before this I was and still trading with beeoption I have no issue at all with all my trades. I need advice on this matter Thanks in advance

Regards,
Zairi

If the 2 positions have different expiries, then it is possible that they might have different prices. This happens on real options traded on regulated exchanges.

If only 1 position is open, you have to make certain that the price you check is the price for that item with the same expiry. Different expiries on the same item can have different prices.

Back