• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Looking for broker recomandations

NWG_student

Recruit
Hi.

After swiss franc move my broker went insolvant since then I have been searching up and down in the jungle of brokers. However this easily leads to confusion as ther is tons of them.

So far I have been considering those in this order: IC markets, Exness and Oanda, exness is as far as I know a russian broker which makes me really sceptical, IC markets in australi which also make a little red light.

I felt really comfortable trading with Alpari UK and now I cant seem to make choise.

Any recomandations based on personal experience would be apperciated.

Wait a day or two more before declaring Alpari.uk to be dead. There are some signs showing they may survive.

I hear rumors that the rumors of Alpari's demise may have only been slightly premature. Clients need to watch this closely.

Special Administrators appointed to Alpari (UK) Ltd

Upon the application of the directors of Alpari (UK) Ltd, on Monday 19 January 2015, the High Court appointed Richard Heis, Samantha Bewick and Mark Firmin of KPMG LLP as joint special administrators of Alpari (UK) Ltd, under the Special Administration Regime (SAR). Alpari (UK) Ltd is a company incorporated in the UK.
Alpari (UK) Ltd applied for insolvency on Monday 19 January 2015 following the decision on Thursday 15 January 2015 by the Swiss National Bank to remove the informal peg to the euro at around 1.20 Swiss francs. The announcement by the SNB prompted volatility across the foreign exchange markets which saw the company and many of its clients make large losses. After a weekend spent in urgent discussions with various parties with a view to selling the company, these efforts were ultimately unsuccessful.
We have had a number of enquiries from interested parties in relation to the company's business. We will be speaking with these parties and others over the next few days, and hope to secure a deal to preserve the business and jobs as far as possible.

For all queries, please contact:
alpariukclaims@kpmg.co.uk

The administrators will endeavour to respond to your query as soon as possible.

Searching too for new broker after hotforex scammed me. Don't want to open new thread like this to not repeat same subject.

stay away of icmarkets, tried them, have wrong spikes-widen of spread, bad slippage.

exness regulated by CySEC- not comfortable with

Oanda best option from those if want low leverage, they offer 1:50

Can anyone recommend FCA regulated brokers that have low spreads, 1:200 to 1:500 leverage?

Can anyone recommend US Brokers that accept Non-US clients?

Are there any threads on FPA that discuss this subject?

Hi.

After swiss franc move my broker went insolvant since then I have been searching up and down in the jungle of brokers. However this easily leads to confusion as ther is tons of them.

So far I have been considering those in this order: IC markets, Exness and Oanda, exness is as far as I know a russian broker which makes me really sceptical, IC markets in australi which also make a little red light.

I felt really comfortable trading with Alpari UK and now I cant seem to make choise.

Any recomandations based on personal experience would be apperciated.

I'm from the US and had traded with FinFx for two years without any problems but they are kicking everyone from The US off as of Monday. I did receive all funds back from them as of yesterday which I consider note worthy when considering what took place last week with the Swiss Franc, there solid!!
So as long as your not an American I'd give them a looky.

Back