Need Help For Daily Market's Events, like USA market opens for indicies

f5mtadas

Recruit
Hi Folks,

Need more asset to trade just on gaps like USA market opens on Nasdaq future, S&P 500 and DOW.
Any other stocks, indicies, metals to trade on markets opennings or other daily events that market become
active for at least few hours? I want to know those special hours when it happens daily and market become
active

Thanks

Hello f5mtadas

Trading is difficult under the best of circumstances and even more difficult if you don't find a suitable time period for your trading strategy.

Knowing when the markets are fast or slow is a must for all traders. So try and find a formula based on your trading, volatile periods of the day increases the probability that the trading pair/s will hit or miss while you are still at your computer.

The sessions run approximately as follows:

Asian open: 00:00 close: 09:00

London open: 08:00 close: 17.00

US open: 13:00 close: 22:00

The FTSE opens at 08.00 and closes at 4.30.

Dow Jones index, NASDAQ Composite & S&P 500 open from 14:30-21:00.

Trading starts in the UK at 08.00 and can get exciting around 09.00 to 10.00 most days, but it really hots up around 13.00 when US traders start to join in.

The US traders go for their coffee around 17.00 and the action hots up again around 19.00 to 22.00 after that we usually wait until the Asian market kick in, but most times its like watching paint dry.

Slower day periods will favor the longer term trader, these include Friday afternoons, Sunday evenings and most Mondays. Also look for days when holidays may effect the markets. If the holiday affects a major market, like the London exchange or and the NYSE, it may affect all currency pairs. Due to these two markets when open times seem to indicate the vast majority of trading activity. A national holiday in the UK or and the U.S. may mean very low trading for the day.

Time of publishing this message 22.25 in the UK.

Good luck
ilearn2t

Hello f5mtadas

Sorry I had to log off before giving you more input.

The Dow Jones is an index not an exchange so technically it has no formal hours of operation. The majority of stocks that comprise the index trade on the NYSE which is open from 14.30 to 21.00

Living in the UK give trades like myself a head start when it comes to the US market as we're usually logged on 7 hours before hand (07.30).

As for best times to trade, I've noticed what ever direction the 3 major players in the US close, next opening period in the Euro markets will follow suit.

Another great benefit is gauging the Dow (+30.00), S&P (+4.00) and Nasdaq (+7.00) futures. (CNBC pre_market data is a good tip)
At the moment the futures are all doing well, so its looking good for the opening times of trading in the US.

If you use the MT4 platform to trade SPX500, you'll notice (Daily chart) the volume tends to increase during a bear market, peaking near the bottom before tapers off during most upward trends.

Time of publishing message (10.22 UK)

Good luck
ilearn2t

Hello f5mtadas

Just an example of the "volume" and the movement of the SPX500 on my brokers platform on the Daily chart.

a034.gif

Hello f5mtadas

Trading is difficult under the best of circumstances and even more difficult if you don't find a suitable time period for your trading strategy.

Knowing when the markets are fast or slow is a must for all traders. So try and find a formula based on your trading, volatile periods of the day increases the probability that the trading pair/s will hit or miss while you are still at your computer.

The sessions run approximately as follows:

Asian open: 00:00 close: 09:00

London open: 08:00 close: 17.00

US open: 13:00 close: 22:00

The FTSE opens at 08.00 and closes at 4.30.

Dow Jones index, NASDAQ Composite & S&P 500 open from 14:30-21:00.

Trading starts in the UK at 08.00 and can get exciting around 09.00 to 10.00 most days, but it really hots up around 13.00 when US traders start to join in.

The US traders go for their coffee around 17.00 and the action hots up again around 19.00 to 22.00 after that we usually wait until the Asian market kick in, but most times its like watching paint dry.

Slower day periods will favor the longer term trader, these include Friday afternoons, Sunday evenings and most Mondays. Also look for days when holidays may effect the markets. If the holiday affects a major market, like the London exchange or and the NYSE, it may affect all currency pairs. Due to these two markets when open times seem to indicate the vast majority of trading activity. A national holiday in the UK or and the U.S. may mean very low trading for the day.

Time of publishing this message 22.25 in the UK.

Good luck
ilearn2t

thanks for your reply, but what the time zone you are talking about? I have GMT+2 time zone. yes me personally traing with future indicy and ti good, but I know the hour to trade good. So let me know the hours you are are talking about

Hello f5mtadas

As I type this reply it now Thursday, 27 February 9:36: a.m(GMT + 0:00) in the UK, so it should be 11.36 in your country (please don't say you live in Ukraine they are still in DST)

The US markets open at 2.30pm my time (UK) it should be 4.30pm your time. Add 2 hours to all times above for your own time-zone.

Like to join me at this thread and pool our knowledge together to help others: https://www.forexpeacearmy.com/forex-forum/market-predictions-reports/33041-us-stock-market.html

Good luck
ilearn2t

Hello f5mtadas

As I type this reply it now Thursday, 27 February 9:36: a.m(GMT + 0:00) in the UK, so it should be 11.36 in your country (please don't say you live in Ukraine they are still in DST)

The US markets open at 2.30pm my time (UK) it should be 4.30pm your time. Add 2 hours to all times above for your own time-zone.

Like to join me at this thread and pool our knowledge together to help others: https://www.forexpeacearmy.com/forex-forum/market-predictions-reports/33041-us-stock-market.html

Good luck
ilearn2t

OK, will look at it, as I see tech indicators just can assist me to trade and there are no better indicator than human eye, yesterday I was blind and "listened"
my indicator and lost money. I am using MT4 platform right now, do you know alternatives to watch indicies charts?

Back