• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Discuss NordhillCapital.com (Maksim Sepp)

General discussions of a financial company
I've had an account with Nordhill (Hyper) at SFX Markets for about 6 months now, and overall I must say so far, so good. I am not a FX professional, but the trading makes sense to me and withdrawl wasn't a problem.

I've now opened another Nordhill account (Mixed Strategy) at HantecMarkets. It has just started trading and I am a bit surprised by the commissions they charge, USD 14.00 per lot (100,000) per round turn. In my humble opinion that seems pretty high even for a DMA broker, and I wonder if there is some volume commission for Nordhill involved.

I would be interested to have anybody's opinion on that, and in particular from those who already have a Nordhill account with Hantec.

Thank you, everybody. (This is my very first posting on FPA.)

I've had an account with Nordhill (Hyper) at SFX Markets for about 6 months now, and overall I must say so far, so good. I am not a FX professional, but the trading makes sense to me and withdrawl wasn't a problem.

I've now opened another Nordhill account (Mixed Strategy) at HantecMarkets. It has just started trading and I am a bit surprised by the commissions they charge, USD 14.00 per lot (100,000) per round turn. In my humble opinion that seems pretty high even for a DMA broker, and I wonder if there is some volume commission for Nordhill involved.

I would be interested to have anybody's opinion on that, and in particular from those who already have a Nordhill account with Hantec.

Marcelo

Could you send me the info on scalatrade

Hi, I'll send a pm about it :)

Hi Spinal, thanks for leave your feedback here.

$14 is quite high, if I was trading with them as a TRADER, I would open an account without commission, that's what I do, but as an Investor, that's an agreement between the managed company and the broker, if the managed company is able to delivery satisfactory results without compromising the investors account, them I'm fine with that, I have another managed account in another company and their commission is disclosure, is in between them, from my experience, this doesn't make a difference if you're a client. If you're a Trader, it's a total different history.

That's my opinion, another question, I just checked the uk version of hantec and it doesn't mention the commission there, the metrader platform has no commission and the other platforms such as currenex classic and viking do have, but it says it's negotiable, but I don't know which platform NH uses to manage clients funds, which one do you have?

Again, as an investor, that shouldn't make much difference in your strategy, the mix strategy can generate up to 120% in a year approximately, and that's already included commission from performance fee in case there are profits in a period of one month, so the commission from the trades will also be included and it shouldn't affect your account's performance.

If you'd like extra information about it, please ask your contact in Hantec, since they are the ones that set the rules for their commission structure, ask the differences between an investor account (the one from a managed company) and from a Trader account (if you're to trade your own account). They will probably answer that the managed company (I'm talking in general, not just NH) and Hantec have set a commission structure and that refers only for their purpose.

A managed company is able to bring a huge amount of capital to the broker, while a retail trader normally will bring less capital, therefore the commission structure will vary quite significantly.

1 standard lot with 10 pips profit will generate approximately $100,00, minus $14 from the commission, that's $86,00 profit for your account, the $14 commission will be split between the managed company and the broker, with SFX-Market, that would be $6 commissioin, it's a lot more with Hantec, but to be honest, that doesn't concern me, that's the managed company's and broker's compensation plan for open trades on your behalf, we know the brokers will always win, the most important is as long the managed company is doing a great job trading your capital, that should concern the investors. That's my opinion from my experience with managed companies.

Hello Marcelo,

Thank you very much for your input! I basically agree with you, this commission is not necessairily to the client's disadvantage. And as you say, as long as the performance is good… I just don't like the idea of not knowing what is going on and who profits from what. And I don't like the idea of the account manager/trader getting a volume commission. Yet this morning I got a detailed feedback from Hantec re my enquiry into this. It confirms most points you made but added one interesting detail. What they said:

- Retail trading accounts indeed work on spreads, not commissions.

- Accounts opened via third parties can have different conditions. This is the case here. Nordhill is an introducing broker and will get a big chunk of the commissions. But Nordhill is not the trader, the trader is an independent entity. (I had an incling of this in the past but this is the first time I hear it stated by someone as a fact.) The trader gets paid the performance fee only, no share of the commissions. So there shouldn't be a conflict of interests.

- Hantec makes less money on this account than on regular retail ones since a lot goes to the IB (Nordhill). But the IB makes it up by the amount of monies he brings to Hantec.

- Because of the commission model, Hantec can keep the spreads low enough so that with the commissions on top (NB commission corresponds to a 1.4pips spread) the overall spread is still competitive. For the client it should come approximately to the same as a spread only account.

Above I just related what Hantec said and cannot vouch for it. Yet though it doesn't really belong here the service of and communication with Hantec so far have been outstandingly good.

(BTW it is a MT4 account.)

Regards from Spinal Tab

Hello Marcelo,

Thank you very much for your input! I basically agree with you, this commission is not necessairily to the client's disadvantage. And as you say, as long as the performance is good… I just don't like the idea of not knowing what is going on and who profits from what. And I don't like the idea of the account manager/trader getting a volume commission. Yet this morning I got a detailed feedback from Hantec re my enquiry into this. It confirms most points you made but added one interesting detail. What they said:

- Retail trading accounts indeed work on spreads, not commissions.

- Accounts opened via third parties can have different conditions. This is the case here. Nordhill is an introducing broker and will get a big chunk of the commissions. But Nordhill is not the trader, the trader is an independent entity. (I had an incling of this in the past but this is the first time I hear it stated by someone as a fact.) The trader gets paid the performance fee only, no share of the commissions. So there shouldn't be a conflict of interests.

- Hantec makes less money on this account than on regular retail ones since a lot goes to the IB (Nordhill). But the IB makes it up by the amount of monies he brings to Hantec.

- Because of the commission model, Hantec can keep the spreads low enough so that with the commissions on top (NB commission corresponds to a 1.4pips spread) the overall spread is still competitive. For the client it should come approximately to the same as a spread only account.

Above I just related what Hantec said and cannot vouch for it. Yet though it doesn't really belong here the service of and communication with Hantec so far have been outstandingly good.

(BTW it is a MT4 account.)

Regards from Spinal Tab

Hi Spinal, excellent feedback, that reminds me when I was an IB and money manager for Alpari UK, I had my clients and every time I opened a position, a % of the spread would go back to me in a rebate format after the trade was closed, regardless if it has generated a profit or a loss. Plus at the end of each month that I managed to generate profit for clients, I'd receive 30% performance fee.

And as a money manager, I could agree by contract to have a higher spread than the retail trader, so I'd earn more rebates, but because I wanted my clients account to be in the green faster, I decided to keep the spreads to the minimum. And my clients never knew that, it doesn't actually matter because this is an agreement between the money managers and the broker, in this case NH as an IB, the trader and the brokers, as long the manager manages to delivery what has been agreed or an average R.O.I and keep losses and DD to the historical levels everything should be in place.

Fell free to give your feedback about Hantec-Markets, I'm quite interesting to know how is it going, as I plan in the future to open an account with them, since this thread is for NH, everything that's on the website is more welcomed to be discussed here.

Thanks again!

Hi guys, as promised, April has finished and this is my account performance, it closed April with - 6% loss, it is the 4th time in a period of 2 years that the Hybrid system has generated a loss, this is the big loss overall, but it is still inside the maximum DD of 10%, so no big deal, I actually like to see losses, because the majority of the managed companies that are promising 10% or more every single month, most likely are inside the group of companies that are capable to bring huge returns, but all of a sudden in one single month crashes and this is what I'm trying to avoid.

The account is at +37% gross profit since it started on January 04th.

Let's see how May will develop.

Take care everyone!!

Attachments

• April Perfomance.png
    April Perfomance.png
    28.6 KB · Views: 1

Hello Spinal Tap

Thanks for your input.

Is it possible for you to link your personal Hantec account to Myfxbook?
So we can all share the results. Like Marcelo I'm interested too how well it's going with Hantec.
Thank you

User rayzzzz1982 claimed that
"trades in independent brokers such as hantec are not totally same as those in sfx markets.
There are more losing trades in hantec compared to sfx markets. So be wary if u plan to deposit huge funds in hantec"

I asked him to printscreen the results or to link his account to myfxbook. But he didn't answer yet.

This is the link to my myfxbook-account for SFX. But it doesn't update automatically, I have do do it manually once a week.

http://www.myfxbook.com/members/aum108

Just curious...... Did you have to invest 25K or 50K for the MIX strategy at Hantec?

Are the conditions better if a Hantec account already exists and it just has to be connected to Nordhill Capital?

Hi guys, as promised, April has finished and this is my account performance, it closed April with - 6% loss, it is the 4th time in a period of 2 years that the Hybrid system has generated a loss, this is the big loss overall, but it is still inside the maximum DD of 10%, so no big deal, I actually like to see losses, because the majority of the managed companies that are promising 10% or more every single month, most likely are inside the group of companies that are capable to bring huge returns, but all of a sudden in one single month crashes and this is what I'm trying to avoid.

The account is at +37% gross profit since it started on January 04th.

Let's see how May will develop.

Take care everyone!!

Hi Marcelo

I agree. I prefer to see losses as well.

But I'm confused, I thoght you were following Hyper FX with 5K, not Hybrid FX.

My Hyper FX had -7.53% in April. No profit so far. :oops:

cheers

Thank you Marcelo, I will take your advise and issue a red flag for me, too.
The way I see it, Stonegain is just an asian branch of Nordhill Capital .

http://nordhillcapital.com/contact

It doesn't matter for me if their "fix plan" is only on request at Nordhill Capital or in plain sight at Stonegain or incluced within SFX-Markets.
It's there!
And next week I'm going to ask all three companies how they make a fix 3% month profit.

As promised I asked the three companies about the "Fix Plan" offered on the Stongain homepage and on request at Nordhill Capital,
and especially how this 3% monthly fix income is generated.
I think it's very important, since these three companies are interacting very closely with each other
and offer both flexile and fix plan as part of their services.

Stonegain answer
Thank you for your interest with our product. If you look at our result in myfxbook, you will realise our average monthly profit is at about 7%. Our target is to just achieve averagely 5% per month. And with compounding effect, it is more than enough to cover the fix interest 3% to you. Of course, we cannot be sure to make 3 or 5% every month, but in long term (24 month), we know it can be done.
With 5% per month in 24 month, the compounding profit will be 222% in total, and we only give you 72% (36%x2) in total. So we are pretty sure we can bring profit for both parties. Well, basically we are transferring the risk back to us. Attached is the LPOA form for your reference, and the registration guide if you decided to join the plan.
http://www.myfxbook.com/members/nordhillcapital/hyper-fx/1380117
http://www.myfxbook.com/members/nordhillcapital/gorilla-fx/1380143
http://www.myfxbook.com/members/nordhillcapital/hybrid-fx/1401181

Let me know if you have any question.

Nordhill Capital answer
This product is provided in Asian countries only. There are many similar products in this region. Volume commissions gives good income which allow to make fix payments.
Volume commissions means commission taken by broker for executing client positions on the liquidity provider side. You should have noticed that all brokers offering ECN accounts have 6-10$/lot commission on them (sometimes it's included into spreads). This commission is a profit for the brokers. This profit is usually shared with partners who attract clients and service providers.
Kind Regards

SFX-Markets answer

Unfortunately, I'm not familiar with Stonegain and Nordhill services. Please, contact them directly
Kind Regards

So, Nordhill Capital claims that they create this 3% fix-income with volume commissions.

While their asian branch Stonegain claimed that they made enough profit every month in avarage so far,
so that they can cover possbible losses in the future

With SFX-Markets I will have to dig in deeper next week. No clear answer there.
But we can clearly see in post #68 that SFX has a "fixed profit" service. (see also the picture below)
Though right now, I can't see it in my personal SFX-account anymore.

Well, I don't find these contradicting answers very satisfying. What about you guys?

Shall I confront Nordhill Capital with Stonegain's answer about how they generate 3%,
and confront Stonegain with Nordhill Capitals answer? It's the same company, isn't it?

have a nice weekend :cool:

upload_2016-4-16_16-56-16-png.24888

Hello aum108

Unfortunately since I am not a trader myself I have no idea how to connect my Hantec account with MyFxBook. But what I could look into is to post a screenshot of a monthly statement. Yet my Hantec account just started at the very end of April and it would only make sense starting with the May statements. But I am curious myself and will compare my SFX and Hantec accounts more or less on a daily basis and will let you know if I see anything of interest.

Re the investment amount for the Mix Plan I got away with about 20,000 USD only. But I am under the impression that this might also be due to some confusion at Nordhill. Not everybody there seemed to know what they were doing when they dealt with my Hantec account opening. (But I was of course happy to start with a lower minimum.)

Re your question if it the conditions might be better if one already has an account with Hantec I can only speculate. Since to my knowledge Nordhill is only the IB and does not get any performance fee I kind of doubt that they will forgo their volume commissions.

Regards,
Spinal Tap

Back