Ponzi Scheme TadawulME / Exential Group:

Guaranteed profits become guaranteed losses.
We don't neeb blames and lessons here. We already learned it hard. We need solutions. So if you have something good to say to solve the problem go ahead. Otherwise keep quite.

I've given you a solution, walk away and put it down to experience. You'll achieve nothing through the UAE legal system and even if these crooks are brought to justice by the authorities themselves under a criminal investigation, you will not see one penny of your hard earned/loaned money. I have zero sympathy for you but I will offer some advice. Do not waste anymore money on the legal system!

Perhaps it might also be worth mentioning that rumours of links with 'higher powers' have been mentioned and the Goan's are merely pawns in a very basic Ponzi scheme that's suckered in mostly expats. Of course, that's just a rumour.......

The Equaliizer says what I thought and had written here before.
You will never recover your money because it is gone. Simply gone.
As you invested in a mostly unregulated environment (BVI, UAE,..) there is no come back.
The only serious institutions ever mentioned in this scam were in Australia. But as it turns out ( not to my surprise ), this was just a lie anyone one with half a brain cell and who would have taken the time to contact the relevant authorities ( just an email away ) would have uncovered.

You can and probably should fight to get your money back but you better cut your losses and accept that greed, your own greed, has cost you, in many cases, your lifetime savings.
Hard to accept but the sooner you do, the sooner you can rebuild yourself.

Use this experience to warn others though. There is very little doubt that during your life, friends and family will in turn, tell you about a getting rich quick plan they have just come across.
Don't let them make the same mistake.

Well, to GooglieDoo and thousands of others who now cry foul, your desire for empathy and support will fall on my deaf ears. Put it down to experience but above all, put it down to your own greed. These crooks play on that vulnerability and there are always those, like yourself, who fall easily into their web. Fortunately for many though, we're able to see through the lies and fantasy claims and see it for what it is. That many of you suspected this to be a fraudulent scheme but invested regardless, makes you just as complicit.

Just be thankful that you're not iiving in Switzerland. You'd probably find yourselves in court too!

*Eh Mr. Equaliser, you lost your brain? Do I ever think you are that important that I will complain to you, that my complaints will fall on your deaf ears?
* Oh Great! you are the Greatest Seer of phonies and lies. You are the indeed the master of all Masters! Fortunately you were able to see through the the lies and fantasy claims. Please share with us poor investors your gift of seeing.
* I never suspected a fraudulent scheme...who said I did? I invested based on what was told to me, by the RM and by the Great S Lemos and F Singer themselves.
* OOh Mr. Equaliser, I have a great idea for you. Start your own investment firm and advise us poor and greedy of how to invest our money better so you can also earn a commission as well. Make a good earning from advising us from your gifting.
* Mr. or Mrs. Equaliser, keep your opinions to yourself and don't pour salt on wounds. If you do, the hurting will tie you up and shove red chillies up your backside.

Cheers from Googliedie!

I think the best course is somewhere in the middle.

Some "investors" in this either knew or suspected it was a Ponzi and didn't care. Many of them are already searching for another Ponzi that's currently paying so they can try to join in stealing money from those farther down the pyramid before the new one collapses too. These people do deserve nothing but condemnation and contempt. My fondest wish for people like this is that they be prosecuted as accessories to this series of crimes, are forced to return every cent of both their investment and profit to pay the real victims, and also get to spend some quality time rotting in prison.

Others really lacked the financial knowledge to know what sort of criminal scheme their "friends" were suggesting they join. Those people do deserve both sympathy for their losses as well as education to make them less vulnerable to the next scam plan someone proposes to them.

As for quietly walking away because the authorities will do nothing - that's the evil twin of "don't complain to the authorities because that could result in this absolutely guaranteed not to be criminal investment scheme having delays in payouts." Both are arguments that scammers LOVE, since fewer complaints to the authorities makes it much more likely that the scammers will be able to walk away unpunished and go off to commit new crimes.

ALWAYS report crimes to the authorities. Maybe they will act. Maybe they won't. Maybe they are waiting for 1 more report before deciding to take action. Maybe they need 1 last piece of evidence that would be in your report before they start making arrests. If you are a victim and you don't report it, that's the same as saying "I'm so happy I was ripped off that I want the criminals to go unpunished. I hope the same thing happens to all my friends and every member of my family too."

Updates from the third hearing of the court:

EG's lawyers arrived late at the hearing and just submitted their written defense which will be analysed by our lawyers. These guys are just retarded.

* Oh Great! you are the Greatest Seer of phonies and lies. You are the indeed the master of all Masters! Fortunately you were able to see through the the lies and fantasy claims. Please share with us poor investors your gift of seeing!

When a shady group of people promise you 8% a month return that should ring serious alarm bells. Simple maths would tell you that it's equivalent to a 100% a year. Logic should then make you realise that banks are offering 2% return a year for a good reason. Not simply because they are being conservative but also because they run reputable businesses which operate in the real world where long-term risks are being accounted for and a sustainable business plan is in place.

Otherwise why stop at 8% a month? There are Ponzi schemes offering 1% a day or more - surely you should all rush in and give them your dirhams? More is better!

Just give it some basic thought and apply the lessons you learned in year 6 maths it's no harder than that. Any professional investment consultant will assume you have at least that level of understanding otherwise they won't take you seriously.

Then you're left dealing with the D crew from the sub continent

Back