The War Against Forex Scammers Continues

AsstModerator

FPA Forums and Reviews Admin

Today, I was all set to send you the first of several announcements about new upgrades and features that are rolling out at the FPA. Instead, I have to start with some other news.

It started years ago with denial of service attacks. Lately, whoever is behind this been spamming people by email. A few weeks ago, they hired some idiots to spam innocent blog sites.

Some person or company the FPA exposed as scam hired a smarter than average pack of hacker scum this past weekend. They found a new way to compromise the FPA site. They managed to crack their way past our domain registrar. Then then accessed and emptied several FPA email accounts. After that, they turned off the ForexPeaceArmy.com domain name.

This triggered some alerts. After a conversation with the registrar, the site is back up. If it wasn't, you wouldn't be reading this. :)

Thanks to these criminals, two separate email discussions that could lead to resolutions of scam issues are gone. Other discussions with different companies to help traders are also gone. If you were in the middle of an email conversation with anyone at the FPA, please write back.

I already know what the scammers will do with the information. They'll take the emails, change the text to say what they want it to, and will them forward or post it to "prove" whatever they like about the FPA. They'll also have the email addresses of anyone who used the Contact Us link at the FPA.

If you get an email claiming to be from the FPA asking you to follow any link that doesn't point directly to something inside the FPA's website, do not click the link. If you get anything unusual looking claiming to be from the FPA, treat it with caution.

I do have some good news. They tried to break into other parts of the website. They failed. This reduced the damage.

As of now, everything is secure. The Supreme Admin and I spent a long time changing many passwords. The programmers are checking for any remaining holes.

The job of the FPA is to help protect traders from forex scammers. The fact that some person or company would keep hiring criminals to attack the FPA in this way proves to me that the FPA is doing the right thing.

Last edited:
THX

Thanks for all you admin folks do. There are low-lifes everywhere and in every field of endeavor. I, for one, am grateful for all the FPA, its members and its admins do for truth and transparency in the Forex world.

There are many scum-bags out there, but there are many more good people who depend upon FPA for vital information on Forex!

Thanks, again, and when I was in high school, many, many decades ago, we used to repeat, in Latin, the aphorism: "Illegitimi non carborundum" ("Don't let the bastards grind you down!"). Lots of truth in that aphorism and applicable to the present situation!

Glenn

Keep at it, ADMIN !!!!

You guys are doing a SUPER job and I feel ANY serious member of the FPA will notice IMMEDIATELY when something out of the ordinary comes to ones mailbox !!!

seriously? jesus! what about backups? don't you guys ever backup stuff? it's at times like these i wish i were a russian mafia boss--i'd go after those scum with a vengeance. :mad:

Hi, On one of the freelancing web site, I saw an advertisement that may be of interest/alert to many real traders here.
"Need Reviews Created i need Bad reviews Created. you will be given a company to write about. there might be nothing wrong with the company but your job is to make up a bunch of false fake claims. to ruin there online reputation. this will be an ongoing job. you must know something about forex trading and stock market."
I believe that they may be the people who have hired some one to execute these kind of low life jobs.

seriously? jesus! what about backups? don't you guys ever backup stuff? it's at times like these i wish i were a russian mafia boss--i'd go after those scum with a vengeance. :mad:

I'll confess to being foolish and relying on the previously unbreakable email system to hold all those messages. The forums, reviews, and other parts of the site are backed up regularly.

Whoever has them will need to spend a long time reading. I almost never deleted anything and made sure that my staff NEVER deleted anything. :)

I also had my collection of the best of Vogon Poetry hidden in a few mail folders. I hope the hackers can appreciate it.

Hi, On one of the freelancing web site, I saw an advertisement that may be of interest/alert to many real traders here.
"Need Reviews Created i need Bad reviews Created. you will be given a company to write about. there might be nothing wrong with the company but your job is to make up a bunch of false fake claims. to ruin there online reputation. this will be an ongoing job. you must know something about forex trading and stock market."
I believe that they may be the people who have hired some one to execute these kind of low life jobs.

That's why the FPA moderates reviews. Many review sites don't. A smart person can slip one or two fake reviews past screening, but someone working for $2 a day on freelancer jobs will do it so badly that it is funny.

re: the war against forex scammers

This is a great success story. Let's continue the fight.

Today, I was all set to send you the first of several announcements about new upgrades and features that are rolling out at the FPA. Instead, I have to start with some other news.

It started years ago with denial of service attacks. Lately, whoever is behind this been spamming people by email. A few weeks ago, they hired some idiots to spam innocent blog sites.

Some person or company the FPA exposed as scam hired a smarter than average pack of hacker scum this past weekend. They found a new way to compromise the FPA site. They managed to crack their way past our domain registrar. Then then accessed and emptied several FPA email accounts. After that, they turned off the ForexPeaceArmy.com domain name.

This triggered some alerts. After a conversation with the registrar, the site is back up. If it wasn't, you wouldn't be reading this. :)

Thanks to these criminals, two separate email discussions that could lead to resolutions of scam issues are gone. Other discussions with different companies to help traders are also gone. If you were in the middle of an email conversation with anyone at the FPA, please write back.

I already know what the scammers will do with the information. They'll take the emails, change the text to say what they want it to, and will them forward or post it to "prove" whatever they like about the FPA. They'll also have the email addresses of anyone who used the Contact Us link at the FPA.

If you get an email claiming to be from the FPA asking you to follow any link that doesn't point directly to something inside the FPA's website, do not click the link. If you get anything unusual looking claiming to be from the FPA, treat it with caution.

I do have some good news. They tried to break into other parts of the website. They failed. This reduced the damage.

As of now, everything is secure. The Supreme Admin and I spent a long time changing many passwords. The programmers are checking for any remaining holes.

The job of the FPA is to help protect traders from forex scammers. The fact that some person or company would keep hiring criminals to attack the FPA in this way proves to me that the FPA is doing the right thing.

this shows me how important FPA is for us traders - thanks guys you are doing an excellent job - keep on going :)

Back