trading strategy

Arafx

Sergeant
How often do you personally review and adapt your trading strategy, and what triggers you to make changes?

It’s easy. The development of the trading strategy is a constantly ongoing process in the first place. I always try to tweak my strategy if possible.
Of course I don’t touch some of the fundamental tools like the indicators that are integral for it.
But I for sure get something new from the price movements of the particular assets no doubt about that. Hence my strategy changes accordingly bit by bit.
A trader who doesn’t change anything in the trading process is a bad trader.

How often do you personally review and adapt your trading strategy, and what triggers you to make changes?
I review and adapt my strategies on a weekly or monthly basis, triggered by changes in market conditions, performance analysis, shifts in risk tolerance, new information, and evolving goals. I try to stay flexible while adhering to a well-defined strategy since I perceive it as a key to long-term success

last of each months i will check all of my trades and check the % of profit or loss
in that time i usually spend some time to check what was reason for loss
i do not really think of changing that all but based on the losses i make small changes to my trading system and the reason is clear because i designed that plan based on my needs and attitude so change it all can cause problems

Since it works I don't touch it at all, lol. As soon as the market's movement vector changes, I'm definitely think of revising my trading strategy. But I also have a couple of ones in the stash, specifically for those situations, when there'll be an ongoing recession as it was back in the beginning of COVID.
It's important to have Plan B, but I confirm it requires a lot of effort to catch the downturn and test such strategies in reality, to send them to stash then, when the market will start growing again. Oh... sounds complicated :)

Since it works I don't touch it at all, lol. As soon as the market's movement vector changes, I'm definitely think of revising my trading strategy. But I also have a couple of ones in the stash, specifically for those situations, when there'll be an ongoing recession as it was back in the beginning of COVID.
It's important to have Plan B, but I confirm it requires a lot of effort to catch the downturn and test such strategies in reality, to send them to stash then, when the market will start growing again. Oh... sounds complicated :)
Thanks for the insight! It's really interesting to hear how you balance sticking with what works and being ready to pivot when the market shifts. Having that Plan B (and even C!) in place sounds like a smart move, especially considering how unpredictable things can get. Appreciate you sharing your approach and the effort it takes to adapt and test out those strategies. Definitely gives me something to think about!;)

last of each months i will check all of my trades and check the % of profit or loss
in that time i usually spend some time to check what was reason for loss
i do not really think of changing that all but based on the losses i make small changes to my trading system and the reason is clear because i designed that plan based on my needs and attitude so change it all can cause problems
Thanks for sharing your process! It’s great to see how disciplined you are with your monthly reviews, focusing on understanding the reasons behind any losses. Your approach to making small adjustments rather than overhauling your entire system is really wise.

It’s easy. The development of the trading strategy is a constantly ongoing process in the first place. I always try to tweak my strategy if possible.
Of course I don’t touch some of the fundamental tools like the indicators that are integral for it.
But I for sure get something new from the price movements of the particular assets no doubt about that. Hence my strategy changes accordingly bit by bit.
A trader who doesn’t change anything in the trading process is a bad trader.
Your perspective on learning from the market's price movements and adapting your strategy incrementally is a valuable takeaway. It’s a great reminder that staying static in trading can hinder progress. Appreciate you highlighting the importance of evolution in trading practices!

If it works I don't change it, if I am changing it would be for adjustments only based on different factors such as; Market movement, risk management, newly found info regarding that certain strategy, and available capital at the time.

Back