Understanding martingale strategy and calculation

shanmugapradeep

Corporal
Hello,

I use an EA that employs the Martingale trading strategy. I would appreciate your assistance in understanding the calculations that determine take profit, stop loss, range, and lot size multiplier.

Here are the parameters:

1. Range = 21 pips (distance between trades in a sequence)
2. Initial lot = 0.01
3. Multiplier Lot size = 1.7
4. Maximum trade = 12 (maximum Martingale trade sequence)
5. TP (Take Profit) = 30 pips
6. SL (Stop Loss) = 253 pips
7. Star_ModifTp = 4 (This means that when the number of orders = 4 orders, the take profit will be modified at the last order price)

Based on my understanding, the calculation for Stop Loss is: SL = (Maximum Trade x Range) + 1, which results in 253 = (12 x 21) + 1.

The Take Profit formula is: TP = (Range + Broker Spread) + 9, leading to 30 = (21 + 0) + 9.

I am seeking your guidance on how the values for range (21), multiplier (1.7), and maximum trade (12) are decided. Additionally, I would like to know how I can minimize risk by adjusting these values. I experimented with a multiplier of 1.4, but it resulted in losses upon reversal. I also tried changing the range, take profit, and maximum trade, but default values seem to yield profits upon reversal.

I hope you can help me understand the mathematical calculations behind this Martingale strategy and guide me in determining new values that minimize risk.

Thank you.

Last edited:
Hello,

I use an EA that employs the Martingale trading strategy. I would appreciate your assistance in understanding the calculations that determine take profit, stop loss, range, and lot size multiplier.

Here are the parameters:

1. Range = 21 pips (distance between trades in a sequence)
2. Initial lot = 0.01
3. Multiplier Lot size = 1.7
4. Maximum trade = 12 (maximum Martingale trade sequence)
5. TP (Take Profit) = 30 pips
6. SL (Stop Loss) = 253 pips
7. Star_ModifTp = 4 (This means that when the number of orders = 4 orders, the take profit will be modified at the last order price)

Based on my understanding, the calculation for Stop Loss is: SL = (Maximum Trade x Range) + 1, which results in 253 = (12 x 21) + 1.

The Take Profit formula is: TP = (Range + Broker Spread) + 9, leading to 30 = (21 + 0) + 9.

I am seeking your guidance on how the values for range (21), multiplier (1.7), and maximum trade (12) are decided. Additionally, I would like to know how I can minimize risk by adjusting these values. I experimented with a multiplier of 1.4, but it resulted in losses upon reversal. I also tried changing the range, take profit, and maximum trade, but default values seem to yield profits upon reversal.

I hope you can help me understand the mathematical calculations behind this Martingale strategy and guide me in determining new values that minimize risk.

Thank you.
Why did you choose the Martingale Method?

Back