• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Searching Understanding Trailing Stop Loss

Help me find a company

shanmugapradeep

Corporal
Hello,

I am finding little difficult in understanding Trailing Stop loss. How does it work, does it take value from Stop Limit, Trade Entry Price or Current Price or Highest Peak in Favorable direction.

After reading some blogs about Trailing Stop, This what i understand :

1. Condition: If the current price is greater than the entry price.
  2. Condition: If the difference between the current price and the entry price is greater than the trailing stop value.
  3. Action: Set a new stop loss level at the current highest price minus the trailing stop value.
  4. Additional Condition(favorable direction): If the difference between the new stop loss level and the current price is greater than the trailing stop value.
  5. Additional Action (favorable direction): Set a new stop loss level at the current price minus the trailing stop value.
Is this correct?

Sounds about right. But you might need a cooloff of xxxx milliseconds (4000) after favorable direction is detected so that you do not sent too many requests to the server for each tick that your condition is true. you can make this cooloff before updating the stop loss, or afterwards.

Yes, your understanding of trailing stop loss seems generally accurate. The key idea behind a trailing stop is to lock in profits as the market moves in your favour while allowing room for minor retracements.

Back