eToro.com Review Visit site

Updated: Jan 30, 2017

eToro is an online forex broker. eToro offers the OpenBook and WebTrader trading currency platforms. eToro.com offers currency pairs, gold, silver, and oil for your personal investment and trading options.

eToro.com

Join live discussion of eToro.com on our forum

SHOW:

Shanghai, China
Jan 19, 2017
Registed user

I'm surprised to see so many overwhelmingly negative reviews of eToro.
One thing I agree on is their OLD platform was MUCH better. It's now very "social" trading oriented and not like a professional Managed account.
However, you can still find SOME Good traders on there. It's not their fault if the traders are bad, but they obviously don't vet traders, which is unfortunate. Their support is also a bit dicey, but they do have some good traders and my portfolio is up overall.

Withdrawals also processed successfully two times, it does generally take 2-3 business days.

Not bad.

cordoba, Argentina
Nov 23, 2016
Registed user

I'm glad I withdrawn my invested money and the remaining I have is just bonus

i used to be good some years ago, but it obviously started to decline using the philosofy of "always improving" they destroyed the webtrader and openbook melting them in the html5 sh**t they offer now,, I'm glad to be able to use "old webtrader" until now, but for sure it will be removed soon.. regarding the spread stuff they are too high and before the smallest gust of volatility spread grows 100%,, not to say the new slippage stuff that now is available as the footprint you leave on "openbook" can be modified on realtime, you are no longer able to set a Take profit rate that could men a gain above 100 percent of your invested amount, (it doesn´t matter if you planned for a year), and yo can't place an order with a high leverage but a distant SL so you won't be able to re-utilize your money when your position goes green,, all this cheats are for you not to be able to benefit from the money you borrow (but you still pay very high daily fees),, everything has been set to refrain you from gaining and make you loose money for everything that happens

London, United Kingdom
Nov 7, 2016

eToro Scam - cancelled withdrawal

username: @justsohail ,,
Etoro Cancel my withdrawal of $1283 saying that they have terms of promotion that if you withdraw initial deposit we will cancel profits and bonus as well. there is no such term is still available in etoro promotion terms.
Received reply from etoro representative 'Anastasia' during chat.
''As stated in our terms and conditions, once you start trading, you are first investing your real funds. Once the real funds are either used up or invested into position, you start trading with the credits. According to our finance department, you have withdrawn the initial deposit which was associated with promotional credits, therefore we have deducted the credits and the profit as well'', Does this make sense? if I have withdrawan initial deposit etoro have a right to cancel any bonus related to initial deposit but not to cancel profits as well.

United Kingdom
Oct 11, 2016
Registed user

Once you join up they sell your personal details to other companies. You'll be pestered forever by cold callers trying to sell you investments and other s***. The site itself is ok as a learning area for beginners nothing more which is why I give 2 stars.

Caracas, Venezuela
Aug 31, 2016

Etoro stole money

Etoro was a nice platform some time ago. I have recently discovered they stole my money. A friend of mine who was stolen too told me that the bonus money they gave us for recruiting people was taken for etoro. The first thing I thought was: How could they know which money is actually a bonus and what money is from my own? Total disaster. Soon I will post about the withdrawal of the money I have on etoro yet. I hope that the rest of my money can be recovered. Some advice about all this? Thanks,
AA

, Portugal
Apr 18, 2016

Very displeased with etoro. When markets go favourably their way, they imediatly take effect, when its not, grafics stop...and become extremely latent...I always use metatrader to check up.
Other isue, last friday I set up an oil buy order, with a limit loss...surprise, surprise on this Monday when i saw all my money gone and negative credits...very unethical...dont use etoro!

etoro, Morocco
Mar 30, 2016

Etoro is a a scammer they closed my account with 500$ after withdraw request, they tell me that i allowed a 3rd party to trade on my account, and this is allowed.

Chester, United Kingdom
Mar 8, 2016

Etoro started out great but soon went downhill in my estimation unfortunately.The bonus money is damn near impossible to cash out, copy traders stats are minipulated and misleading and very few make any money in the long run, I had a rather large sum of money under a copy trader which experianced a large drawdown Etorro then prevented this trader from opening any more trades which ment he wasn't able to hedge the position and protect the account thus insuring the account blew and my money was lost, After speaking to various members of eToro's customer services I feel I was lied to as they changed there excuses many times. (The small print in there user agreement allows them to do anything they wish without notice) Be very aware and stay well clear of this broker. Also in times of high volitile market movements the platform very convenientlying goes down for maintainable which denies traders from being able to access there account.

USA, USA
Oct 25, 2015

Good company. Etoro has a clean user interface/trading platform. Legit, so far as I know.

Nakuru, Kenya
Oct 20, 2015

I have used etoro for over a year now and i feel its a good platform. They process my withdrawal requests (to PayPal) within 24 hours, they have various promotions that allow me to get extra money when i make deposits and the platform is easy to use once i learned how to use it.

This is not to say that i didn't have problems with while using etoro. I blew all my investment within the first three months but this was due to using very high leverage and trading on hunches.

SHOW: