Plus500.com Review Visit site

Updated: Feb 21, 2017

Other websites of this company include http://www.plus500.co.il/.

Plus 500's UK branch at www.plus500.co.uk registered with the FSA on 2010-06-29.

October 2012:  Plus500 fined over 200,000 GBP by the FSA

FSA Penalty Details

February 2016:  There is an FPA Traders Court vote against Plus500.  Unless this issue is resolved, the FPA recommends a
very high level of caution dealing with Plus500.

Plus500.com

Case IDFiledCase nameVerdict
2015-2092015-12-08camille caillaut vs Plus500,comguilty
2015-1772015-10-15pieter vogel vs plus500.comresolved

Join live discussion of Plus500.com on our forum

SHOW:

Sweden
Feb 18, 2017

Just opened account with plus500, in 2 weeks ago and I was shocked to see the reviews on the internet about plus500.
but i will show my experience I had in 2 weeks with them:

*opening account and verifying my account was so easy. upload my ID and address proof from bill.

and also they can send code to your address by post to verify your address, so you can use this code so they know that you are on the right address, but still waiting for this code. but it takes up to 2 weeks to arrive to your address.

**To deposit money was fast and was like doing (copy-paste), for me that good especially if you want to inter a trade fast to catch the trend so you need fast process for you deposit .

*** Chat service to ask and get help is always ON and you get someone to help you in few seconds after you click on chat icon. I chatted with them on Saturday which most of brokers have their chat offline and the chat pop up with someone to help, so you can chat with them even in the weekend :D

****about Withdraw still didn't make any withdraw with them, but I will update the rating and I will tell you about my experience when i decide to withdraw

Now I will tell you why I write this, I believe most the low ratings and bad reviews based on people who had some problems with broker and maybe this problem solved but he never come back to update the case

and of course if you are getting good service and fully paid with your withdraw you will not take from your time to tell people about good news, cause most of people like to bring and talk about bad experience. so that why i decide to start talk about good thing and I hope any one who has good review to come and share it :D

but after I tried their platform and read more about the company I still feel they are good and when they are good to serve you they deserve 5 stars and i hope any good trader who has good experience with them to tell people, we are here to hear both reviews and experience not just the bad one!

so I will keep updating this for you guys but at the moment i will give them 5 tars :)

Reply by Plus500 submitted Feb 20, 2017:
Hello Hussein,

Thank you very much for your lovely comment.

We are aware that there are some negative reviews about Plus500 however, such reviews do in fact reflect a small percentage of customers and there are also positive comments from satisfied Plus500 customers, as yours.
We are glad to see that you are satisfied with the platform and the service that we offer.
We will do our best keep offering the best possible service and value any feedback.
Should you require any assistance from our support team, feel free to contact us 24/7 via chat or mail (http://www.plus500.com/Help/ContactUs.aspx).

Germany
Feb 6, 2017

Hi,

I will speak about my story with Plus500.

From a long time I liked their Platform because it's easy to use but since 4 years I was afraid to open a real account with them because of the negative reviews on the Internet.
Finally I decide to open a real account with them and this what I saw:

- Verifying my account took only several hours.
- I trade for several weeks without any Problems.
- I received many bonuses (small money on the account) while trading.
- After I closed all opened positions I decide to test their withdrawal Process, I couldn't take the bonuses of course because I didn't finish their requirement but I get my deposit amount + about 120% Profits, the Money were in my Paypal account after about 1 business day.

but I found their Platform need more development, for example it's never save your chart zoom level so I need always to fix the chart zoom.

Best Regards

Reply by Plus500 submitted Feb 9, 2017:
Hello Tarik,

Thank you for your comment!
We will do our best keep offering the best possible service.

Your feedback regarding the chart was forwarded to our technical team.

Czech Republic
Jan 20, 2017

PLUS 500 SCAMMERS!!!!!!!!!!!!

PLUS5OO SCAMMER !!!!! Please, report their activities by using following link :http://www.actionfraud.police.uk/report-a-fraud-including-online-crime-questions

My case stretchs more than two years, contacted FCA,FOS,CYSEC ..... at the end it was reccomended to me to go to the court.

Please, report everything about their crime methods !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dec 31, 2015 - 1 Star A Big Scam....!!! Warning!!! Warning!!!Warning!!! Warning!!! After asking for conditions and limits I became this answer: Please note that there are various different limitations that we must place on customers' trading accounts, with respect to to our AML (anti money laundering) policy and in order to provide all our customers with equal trading opportunities. These limitations vary from monetary limitations to trading limitations.

Please take into consideration that these limitations exist and you may encounter them while trading, hence we strongly suggest you to build your trading strategy around them.

Unfortunately, we cannot specify the details of these limitations, since first of all, it is internal company information we are not able to disclose and secondly, since the limitations change according to customer account settings, trading instruments and other criteria defined by our providers.
What does it mean ???? They can do everything with your money, but you cannot know the conditions in advance !!!! It is secret !!! For you too, although they have your money !!!
There exist no oficial graphs, you have to install their software into your computer . Why ? Because than you have no comparison ! It does not exist in fact ! Believe me, I lost here everything. And I please you to like and share this information however it is possible, PLEASE !!!

Reply by Plus500 submitted Jan 29, 2017:
Hi Mary,

One of the benefits of trading with a regulated firm is that you know you are contracting with a reliable and reputable provider in a regulated environment, which has stringent rules and regulations designed, in particular, to protect the interests of retail clients.

Since we can not locate your trading account based on the information provided here, unfortunately, we can not refer to your comment.

Should you have any open questions regarding your case or be in need of nay assistance, feel free to contact our Support/senior staff.

LOS ANDES, Argentina
Jan 19, 2017

THE BEST BROKER IN THE WORLD

AS FCA REGULATED AND BRITISH BROKER, WITH EXCELLENT PLATFORM AND COMPLETE NUMBER OF INVESTMENT INSTRUMENTS, THE BEST SPREADS OF INDUSTRY, GREAT EXECUTION AND SERIOUS SUPPORT, PLUS 500 IS, SIMPLY, THE BEST BROKER IN THE WORLD

Reply by Plus500 submitted Jan 29, 2017:
Hello Hazim,

Thank you for your comment, we are glad to see that you are satisfied with the platform and service that we offer.

We will do our best keep offering the best possible service.

Should you require any assistance from our support team, feel free to contact us at any time via
our Contact Us page (http://www.plus500.com/Help/ContactUs.aspx).

United Kingdom
Nov 20, 2016

You're better off trying your luck at a Casino rather than Plus 500 SCAM!!!

My conversation with Plus 500!!!! Say's it all! DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY

Martin
Hello. How may I help you?
I'm here to answer any questions you may have. To communicate with us in this chat, please type in your message and press enter to send it.

Trader
Hi Martin Hello! Can you please help me with few questions? Firstly do Plus 500 have a minimum time to be in a trade as when you're scalping? Please be specific to answer my question without giving me any website details and I would appreciate straight talk!
Martin

Opening and closing a position in 2 minutes or less, might be considered as scalping. The full definition of Scalping can be seen on the User Agreement.
Any trader suspected in using such a trading method or any other foul use of our platform will have his trading account immediately terminated and all, if any, positions will be made void.
Can I help you with anything else?

Trader
Can you please clarify as you say ", might be considered as scalping. The full definition of Scalping" Your word might be doesn't mean any thing either you confirm properly and clarify your self??

Martin
Sir, as I mentioned, Opening and closing a position in 2 minutes or less might be considered as scalping.
Please read the full definition in the User Agreement.
May I assist you with anything else??

11:16 pm
You did not answer my question???Thanks for being an a******

I answered.

Trader
You f***ing did not clarify!!!

Martin
If you close positions in 2 minutes or less, your trading account will be immediately terminated

Trader
Thank you for clarifying my question..

Martin
In addition, please avoid using offensive language
You are welcome
Is there anything else I can do for you?
1 October

Reply by Plus500 submitted Nov 22, 2016:
Hi Trader,

Please let us clarify, that Scalping is a prohibited trading strategy and considered as a foul use of our plus500 trading platform.
Scalping is referred to in our User Agreement, which you may easily find in our website.
Briefly, this Clause states: “You will not enter into any Transaction which falls within the definition of Scalping or automated data entry system”.

As was explained in the chat, opening and closing a position in 2 minutes or less, may be considered as scalping.
A trader is considers as scalper when using a systematic trading strategy of holding short-term positions.
Please be aware that when examining a scalper- we look at the overall trading activities, rather that just on a certain position.

We can assure you will be notified, should you ever be suspected of using such a trading method.

We hope now to have shed more light on that issue.

For any further clarifications and questions, please feel free to contact us 24/7

Pakistan
Oct 20, 2016
Registed user

About this company were about a couple of years earlier, not witdrwals money for all clients and cleaning information from Google and now the company is good...

Dear Mitiwala,

We will do our best keep offering the best possible service.

our Contact Us page (http://www.plus500.com/Help/ContactUs.aspx).

Singapore, Singapore
Sep 26, 2016

Plus500 Scam Strategy Unveiled

Plus500 is a scam or may be characterised as such, depending upon your perspective. I have been researching on their model and here are three (3) ways they rip you off from your money and make profits.

1. They deceit you in believing that they are a UK listed company regulated by UK regulator (FSA). However, this is blatantly untrue, the UK listed company Plus500 has nothing to do with their CFD business platform which is operated from Cyprus, Israel and elsewhere and effectively FSA has no jurisdiction and control.

2. The prices on the platform are not "true market" prices but provided by third parties and heavily amended by Plus500 at its will. From observing actual market and Plus500 rates for weeks, I have concluded that there is an algorithm that takes into account active "Long" and "Short" trades value, and changes prices in a way that would bust a large number of traders through "margin calls". These changes are so subtle and momentary that long-term traders would not feel them but day traders would be burned (remember some traders would still make money at that one particular trade, but the same trader may lose in other trade).

3. Finally, if you manage to make some money at all and would like to withdraw, Plus500 would do everything possible to stop you from withdrawing, they want you to keep playing till you lose.

It is the second (2) point that makes them profitable and in my opinion a scam because there is no possible way of verifying those prices changes, they clearly tell you that you can't verify these prices changes through third party but only on Plus500.

Cheers!
BJ

Hello BJ.

May we correct your assumption and refer you to our website (http://www.plus500.com/FAQ/Regulators), in which you may inform yourself regarding the subsidiaries Plus500 operated through, for example:

Plus500UK Ltd is authorized and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FRN 509909).

Also, note that Plus500's quotes prices with reference to the price of the relevant underlying financial instrument and its spread.
Consider that a part of our instruments (most commodities and indices) are future based contracts,
thus the rates indicated on our platform are derived from the price of the futures contract and not the rates of the underlying instrument.
You can see the information regarding the future contract in the link offered in the instruments' Details on the far right hand side of the screen.

In addition, consider that you may request a withdrawal of your available funds in your account at any time. The request will be processed within 3-7 business days. Should you have any open questions regarding this matter, please reach out to our support team and they will gladly assist.

Eindhoven, Netherlands
Sep 15, 2016

+500 makes up rates taking your money

Some serious shady business going on at plus500.

Peter Schouten, Sep 8, 14:30 IDT:
lang: en
page: Menu
email: peterschouten@gmail.com
real: true

Chavdar (Thu, 9/8/2016, 01:45:24 pm Europe/Helsinki)
Hello. How may I help you?

peter jeroen schouten (Thu, 9/8/2016, 01:45:24 pm)
Hello, i want to ask you about a closed position this morning

peter jeroen schouten (Thu, 9/8/2016, 01:45:48 pm)
it is position 1030289605

peter jeroen schouten (Thu, 9/8/2016, 01:46:09 pm)
it was closed for margin call at close rate 2424, but it has never reached 2424

Chavdar (Thu, 9/8/2016, 01:46:31 pm)
I will need a few moments to verify this matter.

peter jeroen schouten (Thu, 9/8/2016, 01:46:36 pm)
In fact, it still isnt at 2424

Chavdar (Thu, 9/8/2016, 01:47:41 pm)
Unfortunately, your position #1030289605# was closed due to a margin call.

peter jeroen schouten (Thu, 9/8/2016, 01:48:27 pm)
yes i see that. But it closed at a rate it hasn't reached. Clsoing rate was 2424, but is has not been above 2396

peter jeroen schouten (Thu, 9/8/2016, 01:50:01 pm)
Hello?

Chavdar (Thu, 9/8/2016, 01:50:36 pm)
Just a second, please

Chavdar (Thu, 9/8/2016, 01:52:12 pm)
Please note that in the event that your Equity falls below the maintenance margin requirement for all open positions, it means that you do not have enough funds to maintain your position and therefore the position will be closed by "Margin Call".

peter jeroen schouten (Thu, 9/8/2016, 01:52:48 pm)
I understand sir, but it has not been that high, so i do not understand the margin call. It has not been at 2424

peter jeroen schouten (Thu, 9/8/2016, 01:53:22 pm)
You closed it 09:01 and it was 2356 then

Chavdar (Thu, 9/8/2016, 01:53:59 pm)
Yes, I understand. But please note that we reflect the market as it is, and in some cases the fluctuations of the market are very high.

Chavdar (Thu, 9/8/2016, 01:54:13 pm)
bear in mind that maintaining a sufficient equity at any given time, is under the responsibly of the trader.

peter jeroen schouten (Thu, 9/8/2016, 01:54:45 pm)
But why is it not visible in ANY program? The market has not been that high

peter jeroen schouten (Thu, 9/8/2016, 01:55:05 pm)
It has not been above 2396

Chavdar (Thu, 9/8/2016, 01:55:57 pm)
Bear in mind that your position is a sell position

Chavdar (Thu, 9/8/2016, 01:56:10 pm)
So you have to look the buy rate.

Chavdar (Thu, 9/8/2016, 01:56:44 pm)
In the graphics are shown the sell rates.

peter jeroen schouten (Thu, 9/8/2016, 01:56:52 pm)
I understand sir. I opened it at 2374 and at the moment of closing: 09:01 it was 2356

peter jeroen schouten (Thu, 9/8/2016, 01:57:09 pm)
So it went short as i predicted

peter jeroen schouten (Thu, 9/8/2016, 01:57:36 pm)
I even had the take profit installed. I understand slippage, but it has not been at 2424 at all

Chavdar (Thu, 9/8/2016, 01:58:35 pm)
Yes, I understand. Please note that the market is highly volatile and an investment in CFDs carries a high degree of risk to the investor

peter jeroen schouten (Thu, 9/8/2016, 01:58:56 pm)
I do understand sir

peter jeroen schouten (Thu, 9/8/2016, 01:59:02 pm)
but the rate has not been at 2424

peter jeroen schouten (Thu, 9/8/2016, 01:59:39 pm)
it has not been above 2396 and at the moment of closing it was 2356

Chavdar (Thu, 9/8/2016, 02:00:27 pm)
Please note that the graphics represents the sell rate.

peter jeroen schouten (Thu, 9/8/2016, 02:00:46 pm)
It isn't showing on any graph

Chavdar (Thu, 9/8/2016, 02:01:21 pm)
Where did you see the rates?

peter jeroen schouten (Thu, 9/8/2016, 02:01:34 pm)
nl.investing.com

Chavdar (Thu, 9/8/2016, 02:03:19 pm)
Please note that this instrument is a future contract for December.

Chavdar (Thu, 9/8/2016, 02:03:38 pm)
In any case you should check the rates on our Platform.

peter jeroen schouten (Thu, 9/8/2016, 02:03:57 pm)
On your platform it hasn't reached 2424 either

Chavdar (Thu, 9/8/2016, 02:04:06 pm)
Please note that Plus500's quotes prices with reference to the price of the relevant underlying financial instrument and its spread. This price is obtained from a range of third party reference sources, various nominated independent financial market data providers, who, in turn source their price feeds from relevant exchanges.

peter jeroen schouten (Thu, 9/8/2016, 02:04:56 pm)
i understand sir but again, it has not been at 2424

Chavdar (Thu, 9/8/2016, 02:05:20 pm)
Yes I understand.

Chavdar (Thu, 9/8/2016, 02:05:28 pm)

Chavdar (Thu, 9/8/2016, 02:05:53 pm)
Please read the info here:http://www.plus500.com/FAQ/Trading/WhatIsMarginCall&hightlight=margin%20

peter jeroen schouten (Thu, 9/8/2016, 02:05:54 pm)
Come on... I understand but you mention a rate it has not reached

peter jeroen schouten (Thu, 9/8/2016, 02:06:04 pm)
i understand what a margin call is

peter jeroen schouten (Thu, 9/8/2016, 02:06:47 pm)
You closed my position at a rate it has not reached and now you try to claim margin call, what is going on?

Chavdar (Thu, 9/8/2016, 02:07:24 pm)
Your position was closed because of the the Margin Call.

peter jeroen schouten (Thu, 9/8/2016, 02:07:30 pm)
Falsely

peter jeroen schouten (Thu, 9/8/2016, 02:07:39 pm)
a mistake has been made here

Chavdar (Thu, 9/8/2016, 02:07:58 pm)
Because you did not have enough funds to maintain your position

Chavdar (Thu, 9/8/2016, 02:08:20 pm)
Your equity was -503.09

peter jeroen schouten (Thu, 9/8/2016, 02:08:43 pm)
that is not true, because i opened the position at 2374 and at the moment of closing it was 2356. It has not been above 2374 before the moment of closing

Chavdar (Thu, 9/8/2016, 02:09:25 pm)
One moment,

Chavdar (Thu, 9/8/2016, 02:17:26 pm)
Please note that our rate at the moment were as following 08/09/2016 09:01: the sell rate was 2342 and the buy rate was 2424. So your position was closed by the buy rate at this particular moment, because your position is sell position.

peter jeroen schouten (Thu, 9/8/2016, 02:17:47 pm)
That is not true

peter jeroen schouten (Thu, 9/8/2016, 02:18:04 pm)
It was 2356 at 09:01

peter jeroen schouten (Thu, 9/8/2016, 02:18:35 pm)
What you are saying can never be true because austria 20 has a 12 pip spread

Chavdar (Thu, 9/8/2016, 02:19:57 pm)
Please note that this Instrument (Austria 20) has a Dynamic spred. With the dynamic margin, the difference between the Buy and Sell rates is not fixed and is constantly changing based on recent market data.

peter jeroen schouten (Thu, 9/8/2016, 02:20:24 pm)
And where can i see what you are saying? What graph can i consult?

Chavdar (Thu, 9/8/2016, 02:22:43 pm)
Just a moment, please.

peter jeroen schouten (Thu, 9/8/2016, 02:25:34 pm)
ok

Chavdar (Thu, 9/8/2016, 02:26:49 pm)
I would like to inform you that once we close this chat your query will be forwarded to the relevant department. You will be contacted via email, once there is an update on this matter.

peter jeroen schouten (Thu, 9/8/2016, 02:27:05 pm)
What is this about?

Chavdar (Thu, 9/8/2016, 02:28:07 pm)
Sir, I will escalate your query to our relevant department, and once

Chavdar (Thu, 9/8/2016, 02:28:37 pm)
i have their answer I will write you immediately.

peter jeroen schouten (Thu, 9/8/2016, 02:29:25 pm)
Ok. To me it sounds like I will never hear anything again, but thank you for patience and time

Chavdar (Thu, 9/8/2016, 02:29:44 pm)
I assure you that we will contact you.

Chavdar (Thu, 9/8/2016, 02:30:05 pm)
Thank you for reaching us. Bye. Have a good day.

peter jeroen schouten (Thu, 9/8/2016, 02:30:14 pm)
You to, thank you again.

----------
Any additional feedback or suggestions?
Did you get the answer you were looking for? No, my questions were

So senior Staff naturally replied with the same kind of response but no proof whatsoever.

To me this is a case of stoploss hunting. Be carefull spending your money at +500

Dear Peter.

We have been able to locate your correspondence with our senior staff in this matter.
As far as we can see, the matter was resolved to your satisfaction.
If so, please would you reconsider your rating?

In case you have any further questions or be in need of additional assistance regarding our services, please feel free to reach out to our support team.

, Hong Kong
Jun 13, 2016

Hi all,my name is Ching and I come from Hong Kong, please forgive me my English is very limited, I tried my best to share my experiences about trading in Plus500( my account : 74597618), seriously it is TOTALLY NIGHTMARE and they are SCAMMERS 500% for sure! Please kindly read before you join Plus500, or you can search ton of similar cases in the internet.

They made me so frustrated in this two month and I tried to end my life because of my stupidly that believed a registered scammer Plus500 company, lucky I got the hearty support from my friends and family, and they encourage me to post on internet to alert everyone, complain to ASIC and others related department such as AU police.

My ID, address, phone, credit card all of the info are totally validated previously, and then in April, I lose the money in a row of trading, but after that I won a bit and finally I got USD28000 in my account ( 1/3 from my deposit and actually it still cannot cover my lose ).and then I started the withdrawal, I requested and waited few days, firstly they asked me to submit the doc for validating AGAIN, I felt weird because it was validated so long ago and it show full green ticked, Ok fine I resubmitted the photo and after few days, they replied that they want the doc in full of English ( actually it is Chinese + English bank statement ....) ok I discussed with the agent he said it is ok and so re-resubmit the SAME picture again! Few days again, my account pop out a message box saying my account is Restricted...!! I SHOCKED and keep contracting the agents, they all replied the same "relevant department was checking my issue"..................................
At that moment, I searched in internet, so many cases against Plus500 and I started to feel scaring because it is my real money! Feeling scam because they didn't check your account until you Win. I found that so many peoples were banned because of scalping ( please correct me if i spell wrong ) and hedging, and most of the cases shown Plus500 no specific rule and guide to judge what is scaleping, I tried to protect myself, contact and warned them " please don't try to cheat and steal my money! I searched and know what is sclaping and hedging! I didn't do that I am sure!".....They just foward the message to senior team, and Two weeks after, a senior name Amy ( actually I found so many trader were banned by her ), she contact me and say, my account was banned because of "connected account + hedging" in their company group! I was keep contracting them via email and live chat, but they keep using the user agreement section 19.10 as the shield and pointing some of my trading action are similar ( YES they say similar, so wide judgment)to other account! and I asking them to show me the prove because it is cheating my money at all, and then there is no more reply after their email "title: Final Response", that's so rude and scamming! Therefore I just sent the complain to ASIC and trying to contact the AU police.

Again, it is a bloody nightmare to me, I cannot believe my money was stolen so violent!!! Everyone please beware Plus500, what I said are real and you can search in the internet!

I am nooooooo idea why they can still have the license, please contact me if you would like to group all of the complain about their license because I am going to do that in another complain.

Dear Ching,

We have located your correspondence with our senior staff and as far as we can see, you have not responded to our senior staffs last mail.
Since you seem to be very frustrated, we highly recommend to carry on your correspondence with them.
We are sure that our most dedicated senior team will resolve the matter to your satisfaction.

Regards
Bauska, Latvia
Mar 18, 2016

I withdrew money on the 3rd March 2016, it is now the 18th March 2016 and I am still waiting, they will tell you to contact plus500 customer service, but I can tell you that is pointless, they work off a script and they do not respond in any sensible time, 1 week and I am still waiting for them to tell me what has happened to my money. I have another big withdrawal from the 15th March 2016 but I doubt I will see that money either, just a bunch of thieves with pretend customer service, better to get in contact with the financial regulation service according to what people who work from other CFD and Forex companies, they are well known for not paying. they took my money within seconds of depositing it but refuse to give what I earned. nothing but thieves, I am completely approved and verified so there is no reason to not deposit my funds into my bank account.

Reply by Plus500 submitted Nov 14, 2016:
Hello Keiron,
We have located your correspondence with our support team in this matter and as far as we could understand, You have declared that the issue was resolved.
Should this actually be the outcome, we would be delighted if you reconsider your rating as well.
For any clarification or assistance, please feel free to contact our most dedicated team of supporters - http://www.plus500.com/Help/ContactUs.aspx
Regards