ILQ.com (Institutional Liquidity) Review Visit site

Updated: Apr 30, 2017

NFA ID: 0367140

Institutional Liquidity are online forex brokers. Institutional Liquidity offers the MT 4 forex trading top platform. ILQ.com offers over 50 currency pairs, for your personal investment and trading options.

ILQ.com (Institutional Liquidity)

Join live discussion of ILQ.com (Institutional Liquidity) on our forum

SHOW:

Lisbon, Portugal
Apr 27, 2017
Registed user

ILQ nothing more than a bunch of con artists

What to say extra to what has been said below ?

This scam company profits from your business with them up to the point you decide to recover your funds back. ILQ pockets the commissions and spreads for months in a row and when you decide to withdraw your funds, if you are in a good profit, they terminate your account and confiscate 100% your profits including the ones made long time ago, since the very first day of trading with them. How can this be justified ??

ILQ terminates the account on the argument that there was scalping trading involved (as that was some kind of sin anyway), but refuse to give you any details about the exact trades they consider to be faulty, or what leads them to think your trading is not acceptable. No, ILQ just decides to misappropriate your money and you cant do anything against them. You have no way to dispute what ILQ presents as the reason to confiscate your profits (even if there is no reason whatsoever that could in any way justify the cancellation of profits made almost one year ago). They "cleverly" wait for the time you need your money back and close down the business with you and misappropriate your hardly won money.

I cannot provide any extra detailed information here as I am building a case against this scam company to recover my money back and I don't want them to know all my arguments beforehand, but please just be aware that ILQ has no problems in even acting against their own Terms of business, if that means they can steal all your hardly won profits from you and pocket them their own benefit..

South Africa
Apr 6, 2017
Registed user

Not a Perfect or convenient broker

This is a broker that doesn't always let it's clients to dictate the actual time duration of which you want to hold a trade for, they only offer fix time which could be bad for any retail trader out there relying on a strategy that works on an approximate timing. You only have the options to pick from the time frames they offer e.g {1min/ 5min/ 10min/ 15min etc. but you wouldn't be able to modify the time to your own convenience which can cause you to lose. and many times you wouldn't find the time frame that works with your strategy, and when you do occasionally the currency wouldn't be available for trade so you'd feel like you'd run into luck when you actually find one that is approximate to your strategy, and you'll rush into that trade without proper synopsis, and lose your money which can be frustrating. Another thing i experienced was trade activation delay. how this work?, Basically you place a trade for NZD/JPY at 77.310 Put or Down 5mins it'll delay your your order for a few secs then register your order at a different price lower or higher after the delay; as a trader you we all know the currency market move somethings faster than we can click on our buy or sell order, you'd probably let it slide because of that fact, and trying to stay calm and think positive and saying in hindsight that a few sec delay couldn't hurt nobody. say, probably you lost that trade, it'll bring cause your mind to want to blame the loss on that delay and that isn't a fair trade nor a convenient one i recon.

Slovenia
Mar 21, 2017

Scam company

I made a withdrawal request and I recieve funds converted to EUR. I did request funds in USD, but also converted funds to EUR do not bother me, but what bothers me is that they use wrong exchange rate (deliberately, to reduce my withdrawal amount). They use EURUSD exchange rate 1,1340, but exchange rate on the day of my withdrawal was 1,0623 and regarding this they still own me 1384 USD minus 20 $ transfer fee of course.

Their replay to my question regarding this was:
»You initially deposited funds in EUR. When that occurrs, funds are returned in your deposit currency at the conversion rate given at the time of your deposit. When you requested your withdrawal, funds were converted back to EUR and sent to your bank account selected.«
My question from 15 Ferbruary 2017 regarding their above statement from 15 Ferbruary 2017:
»According to which paragraph of terms and conditions did you use conversion rate from more than half year ago and not from the present time at my withdrawal?«

After sending them more than 10 emails I still did not recived reply to this question.

Singapore
Mar 19, 2017

Dishonest broker

Traders beware of this dishonest broker!

Trading with them since Aug2016. However, during recent fund withdrawal on 01Mar2017, they decided to terminate my account and remove all my profits, by indicating I'd scalped by violating their minimum 120sec trading period (Clause 8.8).

There wasn't any prior warning given and all the while I have been receiving daily confirmation statements. I'd withdrew some profits months before (Sep16) when my account was still small and no issues were raised. Now with the account grown to approximate 3x, they decided to take this step of not acknowledging my trades.

My account was mainly built up on trades with substantial profits that went beyond the required minimum 120sec. The so-called scalping trades were mainly losing trades, which triggered my tight stop loss criteria (used to protect my relatively small account). Trading defensively using EA on MT4, really wonder how can one prevent from not triggering stop loss under 120sec. This issue clearly showed that you are expected to have loose stop lost criteria and big losses from your trades too.

Singapore
Mar 15, 2017
Registed user

ILQ voided all my trades

ILQ voided all my trades in my trading account, which amounted to about US$6400 of profits.

As a background, I opened a trading account with ILQ in August 2016 and made a total of 570+ trades. 470 of my trades were concluded months ago in 2016. However, in March 2017, they decided that they want to void all my trades without any warning.

This is really unfair. My trades were concluded long before their decision to void them. ILQ also sent multiple daily/monthly confirmations via email acknowledging that trades were valid. Therefore, there is no basis for ILQ to overturn and void the trades which they have earlier acknowledged.

Just to let you know, Clause 8.8 of their Client Agreement forbids scalping (which means opening and closing a trade within 120 seconds) and use of Expert Advisors. This is ridiculous. None of the other brokers that I know of have such clauses as it put customers in an unfair position. Customers should be entitled to cut losses even if it means opening and closing a trade within 120 seconds. Moreover, why do they enable Expert Advisors on their platform when they do not allow it?

Next, almost all my profitable trades lasted at least 3 minutes and therefore do not constitute scalping and should not be voided. Those trades that I opened and closed within 120 seconds were almost all losing trades and I was simply trying to cut loss. I must emphasize that customer should be entitled to cut losses. If ILQ wishes to dispute my trades, they could have just cancelled those trades which they view as scalping. Non-scalping trades should be acknowledged.

To summarize, ILQ failed to take prompt action at the earliest opportunity (i.e. 1-2 weeks after trades were concluded), did not send any warning beforehand and took such drastic action of voiding all trades. This is indicative of a dishonest broker trying to steal a customer's profits retroactively. TRADERS BEWARE!

Netherlands
Mar 2, 2017
Registed user

Stealing profits when making withdrawal after months of trading

Initially I traded with ILQ profitably for over half a year without a problem. However, now that I want to withdraw my funds, I get a letter saying they cancelled all my trades and that they will only return to me my deposit. They accuse me of scalping, but if there had been a problem with that they should have told me ages ago. They just steal my profits and try to get away with it.

I will now continue to make a complaint with the financial ombudsman.

Philippines, Philippines
Jul 28, 2014

So far so good. Fast withdrawal and reliable transfer.
Excellent customer service.

San Patricio, Melaque, Mexico
Dec 19, 2012

They advertized fixed spread of aprox. 3 pips, with which they complied for a few months. Now, all of a sudden, there is no more fixed spread, I had spreads of 9 to 13,6 with the last 3 spike-trades. There was no fore-warning about the changed company policy. Also, I had once 2 platforms running simultaneously, one with a market order, that had been live for some time, one with an expert adviser for spike trading. It was quite a good spike, but the platform froze right at the beginning of the spike, so I got in late and did not make a profit. Needless to say that the other platform did not freeze.

New York, USA
Dec 15, 2012

I've been trading with ILQ for 5 months now, and so far the overall experience has been good. The weird part is that you have to go through an IB to trade with them unless your an "institutional trader." I chose BeamFX and they've been pretty good. The spreads widen a lot during news times; but the executions are really good so it's a "what you see is what you get" kind of thing - whereas I incur a lot of slippage at other brokers during news releases.

Review Moderation Team Note: 4 Star rating removed.

This review appears to have come from the offices of BeamFx, an IB to ILQ.

NYC, USA
May 15, 2012

slow on withdrawals. bad execution

SHOW: