AvaTrade.com (AvaFx.com) Review Visit site

Updated: Jan 15, 2019
Summer 2018:  The FPA asks ALL AvaTrade reviewers  to please include their account number in their review.

If you submit a review and it is not approved within 5 business days, please CLICK HERE, read the message, and fill out the form if necessary.  EVERY person who submits information from the form will get a reply from the FPA.

September 2013:   AvaTrade has not been able to provide the FPA with information about how the company can tell what is a normal off-market fill vs. what is arbitrage.

Until this issue is resolved, the FPA recommends against using Forex News Gun software or any other news trading software with AvaTrade.com.

AvaTrade is a forex broker. Ava Trade offers the MT4 and Mobile trading currency platforms. AvaTrade.com offers currency pairs, cryptocurrencies, gold, silver, stocks, indices, commodities and cfds for your personal investment and trading options.

AvaTrade.com (AvaFx.com)

Join live discussion of AvaTrade.com (AvaFx.com) on our forum

Case IDFiledCase nameVerdict
2013-0982013-08-12Tradetowin vs. AvaTrade.comresolved
2011-0112011-02-11M4re vs. AvaFX.comguilty

AvaTrade.com (AvaFx.com) profile provided by Desmond McNulty, Apr 22, 2013

Ava was launched in 2006 offering online Forex trading. Since then it has expanded into offering CFD trading on commodities, stocks, indices & bonds. It is one of the world’s most popular brokers, with more than 200,000 registered customers and an annual turnover of more than $400 billion in 2012. New features for the launch of AvaTrade include:

• New & improved website utilizing the latest technology

• ETFs (Exchange-Traded Funds) added to Ava’s selection of 200+ instruments

• Mac-compatible Ava MetaTrader 4 available for first time

• MetaTrader 4 accessible as fully-featured web trader and smartphone app

• New training videos and free online trading course

• First CFD broker to introduce segregated client custodial accounts

Bartek,
Poland,
Jan 10, 2019,

I do not recommend this broker. they are cheaters and thieves. I had 17000usd on my account. they removed my account with them and they took everything away because I was supposedly cheating. the answers from the support are different. they lie and cheat. my account number 75010932
Reply by AvaTrade CCare submitted Jan 14, 2019:
Dear Bartek,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review, and thank you for providing your account number.

I went ahead and checked everything, and indeed, your account has been blocked due to arbitrage. The rest of the funds were sent to your bank account immediately after.

William Hau,
Jan 10, 2019,

DO NOT OPEN ACCOUNT AND MADE DEPOSIT. THEY SCAMMED ME $100

My account number: 74038772

I opened an account on the 6th Jan 2019 and as soon as i finished registration, My phone rang right away, Someone from avatrade quickly welcome me to join them and a quick discussion of what i need. I specific said i needed to be able to do debit card deposit and the money will need to be on my account instantly. Every questions i asked the guy said yes.. you can do all that.

A day later I also received sms and emails from them how to deposit money which raised my suspicion but didn't think twice. I did my questionaires, submit my driver license and deposit the $100.

That's where everything went wrong! The money never arrived to my account and immediately when i logged in, I started getting pops up needing to verify my account or my account will be blocked in x days. This never happen before i made any deposit.

I contacted them and every respond is the same. They will withheld my money (my balance shown $0) unless i do all the steps. To which i realised i've been scammed. I have 3 other brokers in Australia. All i need to do is online questionaires and submit my debit card copy (front & back). Only need show last 4 digits of the card. All 3 brokers, when i first deposit the money, the money came straight to my account. All regulated by ASIC as well.

But Avatrade use ASIC and made their own regulatory requirements to withheld traders money. PLEASE DO NOT OPEN ACCOUNT AND MADE ANY DEPOSIT!

"Due to the regulatory requirements that AvaTrade is bound to, we kindly ask you to complete your Trading Account verification process.
Please provide the following Identification documents:
A certified clear copy of the front and back of your passport, national ID card or driving license containing - First name, Last name, Birth date, photo, Issue date and Expiration date
A certified copy of a recent utility bill, such as electricity, water, gas, landline phone, local authority waste disposal bill, bank or credit card statement with the same name and address used to create your AvaTrade account. Documents must be dated within 6 months of the date the account was created.
Please note: Utility bill and copy of ID must be CERTIFIED, please see procedure below for more details.

In the case of a credit card deposit, a copy of the front and back of the credit card that was used to deposit.For your security you may cover the middle 8 digits and security code on the back of the card. We do need to see the first 4 and last 4 digits on the front of the card as well as the name and expiration date."

As you can see they want to make it hard for me to get my money back. I do not want to give them anymore of my personal information. It's black and white, i deposit my money with debit card. All they need is to credit the money back to my debit card. but no they don't want to give my money back. My account shown $0

Besides all utility bills were under my housemate's name. So I contacted my bank and inform them i have been scammed by avatrade.

image links to show some proofs.

Its a nightmare since i open an account with them with my inbox full of their emails from welcoming and how to deposit to fighting for trying to get money back which is not gonna happen. As you can see below, they only do this after i made deposit but not before.

"Thank you for contacting AvaTrade.

Thank you for your reply.

Due to the Australian stringent regulatory laws, a Deposit cannot be released until an account has been completely verified .

Please be aware that a Withdrawal cannot be processed with out the account being completely verified for the same reason. "
Reply by AvaTrade CCare submitted Jan 14, 2019:
Dear Mr. Hau,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review.

According to regulations, customer from Australia are unable to trade unless their account is verified. This is the reason as to why your deposit was kept on pending status. I went ahead and reviewed your account, and I saw that you decided not to proceed with the verification of your account and your deposit was cancelled as per your request on the 14th of January.

Waqas Nabi,
pakistan, Pakistan,
Jan 2, 2019,

Account wash because of Off Quotes

my account number is 77009146
My name is Waqas Nabi
Be aware from this broker.Avatrade is the wrost broker i see on the internet. i have a 10 year's experience in forex and doing this with many other brokers and some days ago i try to open an account here with avatrade. i deposit 1100$ in trading account and made 1600$ profit. i withdraw my all profit from this broker.
today i open 2 standard lots in EUR/USD 1 by 1 and both trades are running in profit i try many time to close my trades but the error occured "Off Quotes" "Off Quotes" i try my best to close by laptop terminal and than mobile mt4 but i am unable to close.
i than try to chat with support and they told me to wait for some time while they check the issue and meanswhile i called them on their given number. nobody was there to listen my case.
my account got blown and i lossed 1100$ with this s***** broker because of "Off Quotes"
they are pure DD (Dealing Desk) broker. they dont want you to get profit from them. they just want your loss. they just want you to loss with them.
i withdraw 1600$ from them that's why they do this with me because they dont want me to withdraw more profit from their broker's . please i advice you to stay away from this broker. i will post my issue with all forum to aware the people, what they are doing with us. they are cheater's
Reply by AvaTrade CCare submitted Jan 3, 2019:
Dear Waqas,

Thank you for posting your review here as well.

The case is already being investigated. You will be contacted immediately once there is an update.

Womandla,
Johannesburg, South Africa,
Jan 2, 2019,

2017 Withdrawal STILL BEING WITHHELD

UPDATE 2 JANUARY 2018

Still have NOT received withdrawal from NOVEMBER 2017.

Max Monev who has been handling my complaint claims they have released my withdrawal but CANNOT PROVIDE PROOF!!

Instead the excuse he has given is that their bank & internal finance department does not work over the holidays.
The irony is I have been demanding proof of my withdrawal being released by their bank since 5 December 2017.

If you’re planning to open an account with this company this new year, I strongly advise against it.

Myself & 11 others will be laying a criminal charge against AvaTrade, aswell as seeking legal recourse.

If you are also a victim of this scam company in South Africa please private message me!

Dec 18, 2018 - 1 Star Update:

5 weeks and still waiting for my withdrawal.
Still no communication / resolution
Still no accountability

Dec 11, 2018 - 1 Star Account 76011432
AvaTrade is willfully witholding my withdrawal. Pure THEFT
13 November I submit withdrawal form for
14 November AvaTrade confirms withdrawal is processed.
11 December NO withdrawal received

I asked for proof of payment since 27 November. Instead they send me a screenshot of an excel spreadsheet & nothing from an official banking institution.

Even after I have bought this matter to their attention 20days ago.

The kicker?! Today, the customer success manager admits my withdrawal is STILL in AvaTrades bank account.

No accountability and no answer on when I will recieve my money.

YOUR MONEY IS NOT SAFE!!

Dec 3, 2018 - 1 Star THIEVING SCAM company!

Withholding withdrawal from account 76011432

On 14 November I withdrew & they confirmed withdrawal of $300 via wire transfer.
Today 3 December it has not been actioned nor recieved
Since 20 November I have been emailing customer services requesting proof of payment which to date they cannot produce!

Instead all my emails (1 a day) have gone without a reply or acknowledgement from them.

The consultant - Gaia does not respond to emails and is NEVER available via phone

Instead she sent me a screenshot of a subsequent $10 withdrawal made on 21 November in response to my initial email. Firstly how does a screenshot of an excel sheet serve as a proof of payment, secondly she didn’t even bother to read my initial email which clearly stated the Date & Amount of the withdrawal I need proof of.

Stay away from this company
They will gladly take your deposit and steal from you when attempt to withdraw your money.
They are a bunch of UNETHICAL THIEVES & a SCAM

Reply by AvaTrade CCare submitted Dec 5, 2018 Dear Womandla,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review.

The case will be investigated and you will be contacted as soon as possible.

The AvaTrade Team

Reply by AvaTrade CCare submitted Dec 12, 2018 Hello!

As you have been previously informed, AvaTrade is having issues with the bank it uses in South Africa. AvaTrade is by no means willfully withholding funds, especially when your withdrawal request has already been authorized and processed from AvaTrade's side. The delay is from the bank. Also, as you have been previously informed, delays with withdrawals may occur, and in this case, it is beyond AvaTrade's authority to speed things up. You have acknowledged the fact that you were informed of this, and you accepted it.

Mo,
keighley, United Kingdom,
Dec 14, 2018,

Fantastic service

Fantastic service as usual.
John very quick helpful.
Abdul Also fantastic guys to work with. Have recommended many clients to them. Ive seen some bad reviews regards to payment. Peeps please confirm your account and send you I.D in. No brokers will pay anyone without indenification submission. Defo ask for these guys trust me im
very picky. I do everyones head in but these guys so simple done im seconds. Thanks guys.
Reply by AvaTrade CCare submitted Dec 17, 2018:
Hello, Mo!

Thank you for taking the time to post your review, and thank you for the kind words. We are aware of the negative vibes and we are doing our best to show your existent and future customers that AvaTrade is constantly improving and striving to provide a service to a satisfactory level and beyond.

DJ,
Dec 8, 2018,

These Guys Are The Clown Car of Brokers...... Total Joke

If I could give a ZERO for integrity I would. Bottom of the barrel which is where AVATRADE belongs. I have dealt with numerous firms over the years and this is one of the biggest bucket shops I have ever seen and should be avoided at all cost. Customer service is at best an afterthought. Their trading platform crashes and when it does the phone system goes with it so good luck closing positions or protecting yourself in any manner. The online chat option is down at least half the time as well and no matter which phone number you call it goes into a loop and drops your call after 6 rings. E-mail response is virtually out of the question as well as is Facebook etc. The lack of professionalism displayed at AVATRADE is beyond comprehension given the trust you must place in your broker. AVATRADE is clearly there to rip you off full stop. Take your trust and your money elsewhere and be thankful you did!
Reply by AvaTrade CCare submitted Dec 10, 2018:
Dear DJ,

Please provide your account so we can contact you and assist you.

Fábio dias,
Portugal,
Dec 5, 2018,

Scam

Horrible company, 1 star is too much for them. They do everything to keep your money. Don't invest any money in their platform or you will loose it.. Scam company
Reply by AvaTrade CCare submitted Dec 6, 2018:
Dear Mr. Dias,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. As you were already informed via email earlier today, your account is now verified, and you can withdraw the funds from your account.

Tanvir,
Calgary, Canada,
Nov 28, 2018,

Scammers!! Avoid

Scam broker, doesn't reply to reply when asked for explanations!! Avoid at any cost, you have been warned!!!!

May 8, 2018 - 1 Star Worst broker ever, hidden fees. You won't get email replies or calls answered. Never trade with this broker.

Feb 8, 2018 - 1 Star Worst broker ever. They don't mention about inactivity fees in their site, those are hidden fees. I requested a refund as I didn't know about this fee. They assured someone will get back to me in 2 days. Still waiting after 1 month. I also sent an email to the account manager and never got any reply! Just called their phone number and call just got dropped, it's impossible to get hold of someone!! Avoid this scammer at any cost.

Reply by AvaTrade submitted Feb 11, 2018 Hi,

Kindly find more information about inactivity fees on our website under "Fx Buy/Sell Overnight Interest Calculator".

www.avatrade.com/trading-info/trading-conditions

It's part of the conditions you signed on when you first started trading.

Please let us know if there's anything else we can do for you.

AvaTrade Administration Team

Reply by AvaTrade Support submitted May 11, 2018 HI,

As mentioned previously below, all applicable account related fees are available to view under our trading conditions page.

Regards, The AvaTrade Team
Reply by AvaTrade CCare submitted Nov 29, 2018:
Dear Tanvir,

Thank you for updating your review.

Please provide your account number so we can validate your claims.

Thank you!
hassan ouagague,
Oct 3, 2018,

account number 2076814

account manager Dan Baris is not responding to the emails and direct number he gave me people answering saying it's wrong number customer service is not responding to my emails, suddenly the equity disappeared from my account 2076814 and the account is not working . I made a deposit to an other account 2190105 but no response .
Reply by AvaTrade CCare submitted Oct 5, 2018:
Hello, Hassan!

We appreciate you posting your review.

Thank you for providing your account number. You will be contacted as soon as possible.

redriver,
Hanoi, Viet Nam,
Aug 31, 2018,

AVATRADE is Scam!
I would like to appeal to Ava about:
- The sudden closure of all my orders without any prior notice.
- My purchase of Bitcoin (BTC / USD), if not closed, is now profitable. I ask Ava to compensate for this.
The FPA would like to note that there was a a delay approving Redriver's review.  Then a technical issue blocked AvaTrade's representative from leaving a reply for approximately 8 more days.
Reply by AvaTrade CCare submitted Oct 4, 2018:
Dear Redriver,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review, and apologies for the great delay on our reply.

Please provide your account number so we can validate your claims and assist you in a timely manner.