choppy markets

It depends really on how you manage your risk to reward if you're trend trading for a few weeks months that will incorporate the choppy periods if you're a day trader you need to avoid certain pairs that are prone to consolidations

Read a little about the psychology of trading, you need to fully adapt to the specifics of this business so that you can cope with these external conditions and do not take it as an obstacle...

Trading full time does not mean that you need to take entry every day. Traders have to have sniper's psychology. Wait more and execute thing in a minute. For an example, if you trade on the 15M chart and follow about 15 pairs, you may get 3/5 A+ entry in a week. With the 5M chart, it may be 8/10 entries in a week. You get many days in a week, where you do not get any trade setup to take an entry.

Scalping is the best method for choppy markets IMO. I run an EA and it works best in these conditions

Scalping is the best method for choppy markets IMO. I run an EA and it works best in these conditions
I agree that scalping is a good method when the markets are choppy - at the same time, scalping should be used with extra caution for beginners and inexperienced traders, it's not the easiest option.

if the strategies are working fine for four day why would you want to trade on monday and then covering the losses rest of the week. Skip trading for monday. watch it behind the doors but do not open.

Yeah that's why you limit time exposure to the markets and you don't let the price going against you to deplete your account as you set tight stop loss. This is the biggest advantage of scalping, however transaction costs is a downside.

Back