EUR/USD at the 1.3800 level.

EURUSD on yesterday session had a typical profit taking day ahead of the US non-farm payrolls and unemployment rate. The pair initially rose making new high but found enough selling pressure to reverse and close in the red near the low of the day. Key levels to watch today are the support at 1.1097 and the resistance at 1.1460.

I admit I was expecting EUR/USD to react more strongly to the US Non-farm payrolls. The pair is back below the 1.1230 level and will likely continue dropping until it reaches the support at 1.1190, but I doubt we can expect any big changes before next week.

EUR/USD did not react to the US data today and fell close to the opening level of this week effected by the weak Euro. Most likely that we will see more falling in the close future to the 1.1190 support level.

EURUSD fell on Friday session after a better than expected US non-farm payrolls and unemployment rate. The currency initially rose but found enough selling pressure to give all its gains and close in the red near the low of the day, on a narrow range day. We may see a pullback toward the daily support at 1.1097 before another move upward.

EUR/USD formed a doji candlestick right on the resistance at 1.1180 on the weekly filter chart. I wonder whether this might be the end of the rally or does it indicate only a temporary move to the downside.

I don't think that we will see any High volatility in the market for the pair of EUR/USD till Wed after the release of the Retail Sales in US and the Gross Domestic Product in Germany.

Back