FOREX PRO WEEKLY, June 25 - 29, 2018

Greetings everybody,

Once we've thought that its all clear around EUR - it brings surprises again. Recent rally that we saw yesterday doesn't have decisive meaning for our long-term scenario, but it could make impact on the pattern that now is forming on daily chart.
In general, for us there is no big deal wether market will turn up by triangle or butterfly, but it could be important for those who trade intraday or intends to take long position on possible action to 1.20-1.21 area.

Thus, I have some suspisions that reversal might be triggered by triangle. Take a look guys at the EUR lows of 2000 on monthly chart and you will see how triangle has triggered major reversal there after strong drop. The same kind of pattern is forming on daily chart.

Our butterfly technically is still possible but recent jump doesn't match it by sentiment. That's why I suspect that something different will be formed there:
eur_d_29_06_18.png

While market stands inside consolidation we could get too many different scenarios. Beyond daily triangle and butterfly we could get 4H butterfly as I plot here or a kind of diamond pattern:
eur_4h_29_06_18.png

Thus, our conclusion as follows. While price stands inside triangle - you could trade and focus on minor setups. Something like we've traded yesterday - B&B's, DRPO on hourly chart, "222" intraday patterns etc.

Once triangle will be broken or clear pattern will be formed (our butterfly, for example) - we will get more information for longer-term positions.

Hi, from EW perspective if Euro is in a triangle, short to 1.1450 would make wave 5. Above 1.1722 invalidates it. Stag, what is your view ?

Hi Venelin, at this stage there is no evidence the Euro weakness is over so the advance we see can be a part of a larger corrective pattern. Nevertheless, as long as the prices are trading above 1.1601 I prefer to see higher prices towards 1.174 as a minimum. Breaking 1.1851 would signal further strength and give credence to the sceanrio you see unfolding on my pics

Intraday

EU_180628_h1_1.gif

EU_180628_h1_2.gif

EU_180628_h1_4.gif

Last edited:
Back