• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Discuss ForexOptimum.com

General discussions of a financial company
No, I don't think I will increase, I don't plan to until the end of the year, I'm making enough for now. The main thing is not to be selfish. On forex different situations can occur - gaining profit, as well as losses.

That goes without saying. And in order not to get into big trouble, we need to follow market strategies, along with MM. The traders before us through trial and error paved us the way - let's learn on their mistakes!

All of that is true, but the MM and TS rules aren't always being followed. For example, Strategy says that you need to exit at a certain point, but I might still move the stop, resulting in me losing part of my profit or get a loss, but don't learn from my mistakes, I just haven't had serious losses, hope I won't in the future.

It's just that for you trading is a thin of interest, not for making money, that's what it seems. Or am I wrong? Many trade as a hobbie.

For the vast majority forex is a hobbie, but with time, for some, for those of us who gets some good results, the hobbie turns into something more.

At this point I'm trading on forex just out of interest, and the profit I get can't really be called phenomenal, but at this point I'm ok with that.

How can you be ok with that? Don't you want more? And the fact that you don't take trading very seriously is disturbing...

Why do you say I don't take it seriously? I take it quite seriously, follow money management and the strategy, the fact that I don't learn from my mistakes is because I'm not always alert perhaps, and because I don't see forex as my main source of income.

Well, if you say so, then that's how it is) After a deposit drain or drawdown, I try to always analyse and rule out my mistakes.

In theory it sounds good, but in actual practice, you can't predict how the market will react to one news or another. So how can you look at something as your mistake?

Back