• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Discuss FX-WiseTrade.com

General discussions of a financial company
could it be that this EA keeps open the position which is in loss, but then enters only in the opposite direction?

When a position is already running in loss even if a position is opening in the opposite direction there will be no issues with that. Because when market is travelling in any direction one position will get booked in profit. Even if the other position stop loss in minimum pip there is no problem. But if it stops in 470 pip your equity will highly reduce.

in the strategy tester we have such draw dawns, it's not long time ago. 24 of Jan. 2018 I had such a big draw down in the strategy tester. It took until now to have new highs again.

As far as i have checked in FX blue, there were no such draw downs as you said on 24th January,2018.

fdgh.png

This EA modifies its SL and TP as it goes. Since the EA is not FIFO compliant, any entry in the opposition direction can't be made for the US investors. I am not sure what strategy this EA uses, but not that bad. No use of Martingale.

I have only been testing live for a week. Here are some of my observations:
1) One time it opened a straddle. Did not understand the logic so I manually closed one leg
2) I e mailed them regarding a 4700 pip SL and 2700 TP. I thought it was ridiculous. They said they do have a dynamic TP and SL and those numbers on my EA properties are seldom hit. I did change it to more reasonable values. SL 40, TP60.
3) Making a little money. Problem is that on the average it will only trade once a day
4) Attached it to EURUSD. TF 30 min. Seems to be doing equally well as GBPUSD. At least it trades two times a day now. One for each instrument.

I have only been testing live for a week. Here are some of my observations:
1) One time it opened a straddle. Did not understand the logic so I manually closed one leg
2) I e mailed them regarding a 4700 pip SL and 2700 TP. I thought it was ridiculous. They said they do have a dynamic TP and SL and those numbers on my EA properties are seldom hit. I did change it to more reasonable values. SL 40, TP60.
3) Making a little money. Problem is that on the average it will only trade once a day
4) Attached it to EURUSD. TF 30 min. Seems to be doing equally well as GBPUSD. At least it trades two times a day now. One for each instrument.

I think the number of trades depends on the market. More volatile, more trades. When the direction of the market is clear or strong, I observe more trade while less during a boring one.

The FPA shows about a 9% performance per week on their live test. I will be ecstatic it will do half as much on my live trade.. As long as it does not lose much money I will be willing to let it run a few months.
Many traders give up too quickly. The last week has been tough on the EA as the U.S dollar seems to have bottomed out. Most EA's do not perform well on sideways market. According to the developers this EA is a Trend Following EA. So the performance the last two weeks may not be typical.

Last edited:
Back