• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Discuss Fxcm.com

General discussions of a financial company
Inverted Spreads

If you watch the live rates on our website you may have noticed spreads sometimes go negative, or inverted. While inverted spreads are not typical, they can definitely occur and are tradeable. An inversion occurs when the bid price is higher than the ask price. If you watch the spreads widget on our website you can see them occur every now and then as shown in this screenshot:

guHIuD9.jpg

The spreads widget only updates every couple of seconds. A better way to see exactly how often inversions are occurring is by looking at a tick chart. I circled in green each instance of an inversion on the tick chart during this roughly 90 second period. The blue line is the bid and the red line is the ask.

tF9V14C.jpg

The pricing you see on NDD forex execution is the direct raw pricing being streamed from 10+ liquidity providers. The spread you pay is the cost paid to the liquidity provider and the commission is FXCM's compensation.

CFD Trading Hours for End of Daylight Savings Time in Europe

Hi Everyone,

Daylight Savings Time will end in Europe on Sunday, October 26th. That means the trading hours for CFDs that follow European market times will shift by one hour starting next week. I've highlighted the changes below in yellow.

q9fLzQf.png

Note that Daylight Savings Time does not end in the US until Sunday, November 2nd. That means I will post another update next week that will include further changes to the trading hours of CFDs that follow US market times.

These Super Tight Raw FX Spreads will be ideal for scalping while providing increased execution benefits to stop and limit orders.

LEy4YOa.png

Click here to view our live spreads.

As part of this introduction, we have also reduced client trading costs. We believe that this pricing model reflects FXCM's core business principals, offering direct access to quotes from multiple liquidity providers with no mark-up and transparent low commissions.

6qDMIQm.png

Just are reminder that this weekend, accounts in the UK (excluding spread betting accounts) and Australia will be upgraded to FXCM's new pricing.

Live Webinar on Price Action + Super-Tight Spreads

This Wednesday, FXCM will be hosting a live webinar on Price Action, a trading technique that can help you read the market and make trading decisions from chart-based price movement, rather than relying on indicators. You will also learn how you can use our super-tight raw FX spreads in combination with a Price Action strategy.

gk8W0tr.jpg

In some instances, accounts for clients of certain intermediaries are subject to a markup.

This live webinar will be offered at 3 different times this Wednesday.

Trading Hours for End of Daylight Savings Time in the US

Hi Everyone,

Daylight Savings Time will end in the US on Sunday, November 2nd. That means the trading hours for CFDs that follow US market times will shift by one hour starting next week. I've highlighted the changes below in red.

z5erokx.png

Forex Trading Hours

In terms of New York Time, the trading desk will still open at 5pm on Sunday and close at 5pm on Friday as always. However, since New York Time will shift this weekend from GMT-4 to GMT-5, the trading desk hours will also shift by one hour in GMT terms. Starting next week, the trading desk will open at 22:00 GMT on Sunday and close at 22:00 GMT on Friday.​

A special note for all MT4 clients on our New York Close servers

The time zone on our New York Close MT4 servers will change this weekend from GMT+3 to GMT+2. In this way, midnight on your MT4 charts will stay in line with the 5pm New York Close. If you have any EAs or indicators that use a GMT offset, please update them to GMT+2 this weekend.​

FXCM UK

Everyday I see these commissions, they remind me of Romanian Beggars sitting outside a 711 collecting a few cents everyday from people who come by haha...FXCM has stooped low to a begging bargain with clients like many other brokers to collect a few cents on every trade everyday. Watch out new traders. Pay special attention to spreads and commissions. Get rid of beggars. Im only waiting on my running trades...was stupid of me to go long on yen cross pairs so stuck with them for now.

FXCM "FXCM has introduced a new spreads-plus-commission pricing model. Experience the difference today" LMAO

That above is the 21st century begging guys...Have fun trading :)

Candlestick Pattern Identifier (Beta Testing, Need Feedback)

Candlestick Pattern Identifier (Beta Testing, Need Feedback)

FXCM's programming services team has created a new indicator which identifies candlestick patterns. Before we release it on the FXCM App Store, we would like to give members of this forum exclusive access during the beta period. Any feedback you can provide in return, whether you love it or hate it, would be greatly appreciated!

The app is designed to scan for the following candlestick patterns:

• Hammer
  • Inverted Hammer
  • Shooting Star
  • Hanging Man
  • Doji
  • Spinning top
  • Bearish Engulfing
  • Bullish Engulfing
  • Dark Cloud Cover
  • Piercing Line
  • Bearish Harami
  • Morning Star
  • Evening Star

Here's an example of the indicator scanning for Morning Star and Evening Star candlestick formations.

145.jpg

Step 1: Download & Install the Indicator
Click Here to download the indicator. The zip file downloaded contains a PDF with instructions on how to set it up. You simply need to double click the FXCM_Candlestick_Patterns.exe file to begin installation.

Step 2: Add the Indicator to a Chart
This indicator is available exclusively on FXCM's Trading Station desktop platform. Once installation is complete, the indicator will be located in the indicators list in the Marketscope charts on the Trading Station desktop platform.

[ASK] Is It Safe Enough To Open "FXCM Markets" Account ?

Hi All,

I am 1 step to open my real account with FXCM.
I plan to open the "FXCM Market" account type.
But as I have searched myself and confirmed by FXCM Support personnel, that account type is not regulated.
Even I believe the company's financial stability and the holding company is regulated with US and UK regulator, I just have a bad thought that could there be some "manipulation" actions on my account/trading later? Or, if later I have complaints , will my complaints taken care by the regulator and/or FXCM ?

Thanks for any suggestions including from FXCM representative if any.

Back