• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Discuss Fxcm.com

General discussions of a financial company
I'm trading on zulutrade & just had a margin call. My account was around £1420 with around £200 drawdown & then wham I get a margin call.

I have had my account at £1000 with £300 drawdown & no margin call so why now? Only thing that I have done different is I placed 2 buy trades on EUR/CHF & was only around 25pips in drawdown on those. I haven't traded that pair since black thursday

Given what happened with EUR/CHF, the industry is now looking very hard at any potentially similar issues, especially given the increased geopolitical risks in Southern and Eastern Europe. The primary change FXCM has made is to remove currency pairs from our platform that carry significant risk due to over-active manipulation by their respective government either by a floor, ceiling, peg or band. In addition, we raised the margin requirements for all CHF pairs including EUR/CHF. We also raised margin requirements for other pairs as well, though not as much as for CHF pairs. Some of these changes will be permanent while others may change as geopolitical risks change.

We emailed clients in advance of those changes. Please check to make sure our emails aren't going to your spam folder. You can also view the latest margin requirements for your account in the Simple Dealing Rates tab of your Trading Station platform. The MMR column in the example below shows the minimum margin requirements at the time of this post in British Pounds per 1 micro lot trade on GBP-denominated trading account. Note how much higher the margin requirement to trade 1 micro lot of EUR/CHF (£67.50) compared to 1 micro lot of EUR/USD (£9.00).

SrIYTsD.png

I am whining in all major trading forum sites I know of to let the public become aware of what this company did to me recently.
On March 24, 2015, I am scalping the market and manually opening and closing trades when suddenly I can no longer execute an order.

I thought it was a bug but after a while, I saw email from their compliance dept., that my account was terminated.
With no warnings and reasons whatsoever, I feel I was scammed!

I emailed them back but till now, there's no reply. there's even no mentioning if my money/earnings will ever be refunded.
This is really a frustrating experience. Its like I've been robbed in broad daylight!

I hope future and would-be clients wont experience this unfortunate events that is why I am out here in public forums to caution them and the public.
Beware of this company. Beware of this CROOKS. Beware of this SCAMMERS. beware of FXCM!

Last edited:
I am whining in all major trading forum sites I know of to let the public become aware of what this company did to me recently.
On March 24, 2015, I am scalping the market and manually opening and closing trades when suddenly I can no longer execute an order.

I thought it was a bug but after a while, I saw email from their compliance dept., that my account was terminated.
With no warnings and reasons whatsoever, I feel I was scammed!

I emailed them back but till now, there's no reply. there's even no mentioning if my money/earnings will ever be refunded.
This is really a frustrating experience. Its like I've been robbed in broad daylight!

I hope future and would-be clients wont experience this unfortunate events that is why I am out here in public forums to caution them and the public.
Beware of this company. Beware of this CROOKS. Beware of this SCAMMERS. beware of FXCM!

Hello anagnam,

Thank you for choosing FXCM, and I am sorry we are no longer able to service your account. If you have any questions about the closing of an account, please contact compliance@fxcm.com.

Jason

Hello anagnam,

Thank you for choosing FXCM, and I am sorry we are no longer able to service your account. If you have any questions about the closing of an account, please contact compliance@fxcm.com.

Jason

You complacent department has abandoned me. after they issue that 1 termination email, that's it. no email replies since then despite the 2 emails I sent. And to me thats a big SCAM!

That email just confused me. Why don't they give you the reason on the email itself? It saves time on both parties.
1.gif

That email just confused me. Why don't they give you the reason on the email itself? It saves time on both parties.
1.gif

That's probably because the email came from general support, and not the department responsible for closing/suspending your account. But all the same, that email is pretty dry!

T&Cs always a very important element that every trader should understand fully before opening an account with a broker. Sometimes brokers tend to throw a lot of traps in there, after all, they are doing everything possible to make as much money as possible.

Forex Tax Treatment - Free Webinar

Every year brings new regulations, so we've got together with Green & Company Inc. for an exclusive webinar on Forex Tax Treatment on Thursday, April 9th at 4:15pm New York Time. Join Robert A. Green, CEO of Green & Company, Inc. and forex tax expert, as he prepares you for your income tax returns.

Topics will Include:
  • Income tax returns on spot, forward and OTC options
  • Section 988 ordinary gain or loss treatment
  • How to qualify for lower Section 1256(g) 60/40 capital gains rates
  • And much more
This webinar is a key step in your preparation before filing your taxes. Ensure you get the most out of your tax preparation. Space is limited, so register today.

A recording of the webinar will be available for a cost of $9.95 to GreenTraderTax.com

Last edited:
Back