• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Info Has anyone heard of flymeta.io?

Asking questions about a company
I've been recommended to use this website. Does anyone know anything about it?

I have seen threads concerning Flymeta Pro / flymeta.co and flymeta.com. Both of which were scams.

Is this the same company, or is this legit?

flymeta.io

The website you are asking about appears to be a clone with a different extension (i.e. .com , .co , .io). I would consider this a scam website and you should Not do any investments with this website or any website with the word flymeta. There is an Australian company referenced in the Terms of Service and they are registered with ASIC however being registered with ASIC means nothing. You could call ASIC and ask for clear details about when the company was registered, who the registered Directors are, do they have any other company's registered, if they are actually Australian citizens, etc.

When you try to search for information about Some Kid Pty Ltd there is a spider web of information with zero clear details of who owns this company. This is clearly on purpose because it's not a real company.

1709657108785.png

www.flymeta.io

1709657471335.png

1709657525009.png

1709657567669.png

I appreciate the help!

I'm very new to NFT's, etc. The pitch was basically:

1. Use your Trust Wallet and promote/invest in NFT's that will earn you a royalty every (I think it was) 12/24 hours. The person suggested I try a website like this before getting into other websites just to get my feet wet. I was told it required $500 USDT in Trust to start the process. I didn't get all the details. I'm not saying this person asked me for money directly. Nor did they ask me to log into some account that wasn't mine. They did not tell me they were going to front me $150 USDT like some scammers have offered.

I have been talking to this person for a few weeks now. Even on video call several times. Still trying to understand if it's a romance scam... I did check their phone number, of course it's a "Landline" VoIP number... Can't even call it on a regular phone, other than on WhatsApp.

I have no way to verify their location. They said they live in my state, actually somewhat close to me. I talk to this person every day, constantly. I'm not naive, but the only reason why I'm having a strange/cautious feeling is the fact this financial opportunity was brought it. Everything else seems very normal with conversations.

This is a picture the person sent me.

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2024-03-03 at 10.35.26_12711ca6.jpg
    WhatsApp Image 2024-03-03 at 10.35.26_12711ca6.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
I appreciate the help!

I'm very new to NFT's, etc. The pitch was basically:

1. Use your Trust Wallet and promote/invest in NFT's that will earn you a royalty every (I think it was) 12/24 hours. The person suggested I try a website like this before getting into other websites just to get my feet wet. I was told it required $500 USDT in Trust to start the process. I didn't get all the details. I'm not saying this person asked me for money directly. Nor did they ask me to log into some account that wasn't mine. They did not tell me they were going to front me $150 USDT like some scammers have offered.

I have been talking to this person for a few weeks now. Even on video call several times. Still trying to understand if it's a romance scam... I did check their phone number, of course it's a "Landline" VoIP number... Can't even call it on a regular phone, other than on WhatsApp.

I have no way to verify their location. They said they live in my state, actually somewhat close to me. I talk to this person every day, constantly. I'm not naive, but the only reason why I'm having a strange/cautious feeling is the fact this financial opportunity was brought it. Everything else seems very normal with conversations.

This is a picture the person sent me.
If they truly live in your State and close to you, ask them to meet for coffee in person to further discuss the investment. See if they will actually meet and answer your questions. However why would a company registered in Australia have random people using VOIP numbers to promote investments in the US? The CFTC and NFA are very clear on financial investment promotions and regulations in the US.

How did you meet this person? How did they first get in contact with you?

If they truly live in your State and close to you, ask them to meet for coffee in person to further discuss the investment. See if they will actually meet and answer your questions. However why would a company registered in Australia have random people using VOIP numbers to promote investments in the US? The CFTC and NFA are very clear on financial investment promotions and regulations in the US.

I met them through a dating app. They had a "Verified" status on their page. We ended up talking for a bit and eventually we had several video calls. She's out of town for a month at the moment, but she regularly talks to me and sends me pictures of what she's been doing. Nothing out of the ordinary. She seems interested to say the least, asking deep personal questions and really trying to get to know me. We are planning on meeting up when she gets back. She's in no way pressuring me to try this NFT trading out.

I haven't had scammers ever try to get to know you on more than a surface level. It's kind of easy to spot when someone might not be genuine.

It's hard to tell with this person. Nothing we have talked about (other than NFT's) has raised any suspicion on my part. She really wants to date me, we have a lot in common. The only thing that concerns me is the VoIP number and NFT talk... To me, a VoIP number is always a telltale sign of mischief...

I met them through a dating app. They had a "Verified" status on their page. We ended up talking for a bit and eventually we had several video calls. She's out of town for a month at the moment, but she regularly talks to me and sends me pictures of what she's been doing. Nothing out of the ordinary. She seems interested to say the least, asking deep personal questions and really trying to get to know me. We are planning on meeting up when she gets back. She's in no way pressuring me to try this NFT trading out.

I haven't had scammers ever try to get to know you on more than a surface level. It's kind of easy to spot when someone might not be genuine.

It's hard to tell with this person. Nothing we have talked about (other than NFT's) has raised any suspicion on my part. She really wants to date me, we have a lot in common. The only thing that concerns me is the VoIP number and NFT talk... To me, a VoIP number is always a telltale sign of mischief...
Dating apps are commonly used for pig butchering scams. When you first meet someone, why would they start talking about how they can help you invest and make money if they aren't just trying to steal your money? I am 99.9% sure this person does Not live in your State and saying they are out of town for a month is to buy time. Also it is common for a scammer to call victims to make everything appear more real and chances are the person you talk to on the phone is Not the same person who wants you to invest (they work in teams to con victims).

There is absolutely no rush to make any investments when you first meet someone for dating. You would not directly start wiring money to someones bank account that you met on a dating app therefore why quickly jump into an investment with them? In your entire life of dating, has a real person ever even talked about investments with you when you first met or soon thereafter?

Before you invest a single dollar, first meet this person in real life when they return from their 1 month trip. If you can meet them for real, take a selfie with them, see what kind of car they drive, have an actual conversation with them then you can make a more informed decision.

Last edited:
The video below is an inside look at these investment scams. You will see in this video that women are paid to make video calls with victims to make things appears like a real relationship and dating.

That's really good information. I was aware of what "pig butchering" was, but didn't know it could be done with employed models. It makes perfect sense though.

Definitely not going to rush anything. I'm going to act like "business as usual" and see if she comes back. It's still a little hard to tell because if she is acting, she's doing a very convincing job. Showing a wide range of intelligence, and emotions, empathy, etc. She has an accent, but tells me she was born in Canada. There's not much I can describe at this point. I'm going to see how this plays out without money involved.

Most scammers I've come across are so bad at being convincing. It looks like they have evolved.

This other woman I talked to constantly calls me "baby" and immediately started pasting what looked like a script on how to do NFT trading with the $150 she was going to GIVE ME. Obviously I didn't pursue that one.

I'm going to keep my eyes open. Obviously I have zero intensions of trying this NFT service until after I meet her (if that even happens). I'm already that careful.

And for security, secretly take photos of that person for future identification & reference.

Sounds, looks, and smells like a very TYPICAL scam. 100% sure!
Look up those who have already been scammed right here in the FPA and you will see very similar pattern.

Back