• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Problem FlyMeta Pro - I lost A LOT of money

I am having an issue with a company

raphaell

Private, 1st Class
Hi everyone.

I wanted to share my story. Never in a million years could I have imagined getting into this situation but here I am.

I want to start with having gone through a difficult period in my life where my fiancee left me and the country entirely. Clearly I was not in the right mindset and was not ready to test that market again.

I connected with a woman on a dating app. She was not entirely fake because we did many video calls and had prepared some plans to meet this month. I know of these scams, and it's usually a dude but this woman is a real woman.

Anyways, I take an interest in crypto mining and investing so we got into talking. She explained she makes good money off NFT collections from this website called www. flymeta .pro

I was skeptical but I thought why not. Let's put a little money in and see what happens.

It started out great!

The way it works is you connect your trustwallet with the flymeta system and you can 'collect' NFTs of your choice for 12 hour periods. So long as you have the amount of USDTthat the NFT is apparently worth.

The artists give interest - apparently this makes their work more visible before being released on OpenSea.

Everything was well. I was collecting small profits even doing a small deposit in my bank.

Then this woman suggested I can get a loan interest free from flymeta. 10k USDT.
I wasn't really comfortable but the amount I could earn on interest I will make it back quickly. I already had enough of a taste that my greed kicked in and my rationality was gone.

Enter the worst decision I ever made in my life.

I was deceived about how this loan works but I paid it off about 1 quarter at a time over a 2-3 week period.

Great. Now I want to take my money out.

When you are doing the loan, all of your funds go from trust wallet into the 'flymeta system balance'. You cannot withdraw until the loan is complete. My request was declined because I discovered I now must pay tax on the amount.

This wasn't huge, but an annoyance.
I paid off the tax and support advised that I can withdraw at will. The company claims to be in NY and they abide by NY state tax laws. (BS)

Fantastic! I see my withdrawal was approved. Keep in mind, this is now a very large sum of USDT.

withdrawals typically take 24 hours - even though mine was approved nothing was happening.

Support now advised that my withdrawal is currently held in the blockchain 'risk control'. I have to prepare a 'verification fee' of 20 per cent.

At this point. I was in full panic but still in denial of what is happening.

I prepared about half the amount and asked, could they give an exception for what I have? Nothing happened but they came back and advised it failed.

The next day I prepared more USDT, as much as I could in 1 day and I was still about 16 USDT short for this 'fee'.

I asked again, will this be OK. I said in advance I am short about 16 USDT. They said they will check for me.

To my shock. This time, the USDT moved from my wallet to the 'system balance' and then they told me that verification failed.

At this point I am in full panic. Cannot sleep, zero appetite.
The woman I talked with said she would loan me out about half the amount.
I moved all my remaining crypto assets into USDT to cover the rest.

This woman suddenly disappeared while I was waiting for her to send the remainder. I did not hear from her until the next day. Sadly, within a few hours my TrustWallet was EMPTY.

the scammers withdrew from my wallet and claimed that I requested the verification process when I did not.

Any time I try to contact support all they really say is this:

Hello! Dear user, we are doing this based on the requirements of our blockchain system. If you cannot complete the verification, your funds will always be in the blockchain. For the safety of your funds, please complete the verification in your wallet as soon as possible. Prepare the corresponding amount of USDT and contact us again for processing

At this point I have lost over 20k CAD.
almost half of the amount lost was my desperate attempt to follow their Ransom requests.

Please have some empathy - I know I'm an absolute moron.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I've almost come to terms with the fact this money will never be returned to me.

Please everyone. If it sounds too good to be true, it's too good to be true.

I also want to add the woman who connected me with this scam... Still occasionally responds to my messages.

She did not block and disappear on me as soon as it became obvious I couldn't withdraw my funds.

I can't say for certain if she is fully involved or if she just knows how to navigate a scam for herself.

This whole situation is potentially a pig slaughter, ponzi scheme/Ransom all in one.

Definitely not a Ponzi. Ponzi schemes actually pay like clockwork for awhile. If you want to know how a they work, read my article on Ponzi Schemes and HYIPS.

In this case, a pretty face led you to your fiscal doom. Repeat after me: "Oink! I've been slaughtered."

But I can empathize. Whether your online "friend" was forced to participate (many are literally held as slaves) or willingly took the job, the basic training for such a position includes how to flirt and flatter past any questions a victim might have. The more professional pig slaughter scam sites are well designed. I'd visit it and see if I could point out any red flags, but it looks like they already took it down. :(

If they do get back in touch somehow, keep them talking, but don't send any more money no matter what reason they give.

Rule 1 for your future: No matter how pretty the online bait is and no matter how thoroughly she demonstrates to you how easy it is to make money, NEVER invest a cent until you:

A. Confirm the company has all the proper licenses and regulatory registrations to even offer investments to you. One of your earlier FPA posts mentions Canada, so the first place to ask would be your provincial securities commission.

B. Meet her in person. Even if you've video chatted (or video "more than chatted" ;)), be aware that newer video technology makes it terrifyingly easy for a scammer to show a different face during a live video chat. Remind yourself - she's allegedly rich so can afford to come and visit you and she alleges that this investment can keep paying for awhile, so there's no reason for you to invest instantly (hint - any investment demanding you instantly provide cash is 99.999% likely to be a very bad investment). Yes, romance scams do happen in person, but the pig slaughterers heavily rely on never revealing themselves in person.

Not all hope is lost. The number of arrests and asset siezures involving pig slaughter scams is growing fast. Multiple governments are taking more and more aggressive actions against these scammers. Every scrap of information could be valuable, so your next tasks are to:

1. Gather your evidence. Make copies of all emails (and headers). Get screenshots of everything you still have access to (ESPECIALLY anything involving moving money to the scammers.

2. Report this to ANY and EVERY regulator and police agency that might be interested. For Canada, your provincial securities commission and the RCMP is a good place to start. But there are more agencies that will be happy to add your info to the pile. Every country you can link to the scammers, plus the USA collects and shares data on scams (and has a special interest in scams involving crypto). Go here and you'll find a links and also step-by-step instructions on how to file with a number of agencies:

Don't be afraid of the number of reports. Once you've done a couple of them, it gets faster and easier with each new one.

Please come back and post an update when you're done.

Definitely not a Ponzi. Ponzi schemes actually pay like clockwork for awhile. If you want to know how a they work, read my article on Ponzi Schemes and HYIPS.

In this case, a pretty face led you to your fiscal doom. Repeat after me: "Oink! I've been slaughtered."

But I can empathize. Whether your online "friend" was forced to participate (many are literally held as slaves) or willingly took the job, the basic training for such a position includes how to flirt and flatter past any questions a victim might have. The more professional pig slaughter scam sites are well designed. I'd visit it and see if I could point out any red flags, but it looks like they already took it down. :(

If they do get back in touch somehow, keep them talking, but don't send any more money no matter what reason they give.

Rule 1 for your future: No matter how pretty the online bait is and no matter how thoroughly she demonstrates to you how easy it is to make money, NEVER invest a cent until you:

A. Confirm the company has all the proper licenses and regulatory registrations to even offer investments to you. One of your earlier FPA posts mentions Canada, so the first place to ask would be your provincial securities commission.

B. Meet her in person. Even if you've video chatted (or video "more than chatted" ;)), be aware that newer video technology makes it terrifyingly easy for a scammer to show a different face during a live video chat. Remind yourself - she's allegedly rich so can afford to come and visit you and she alleges that this investment can keep paying for awhile, so there's no reason for you to invest instantly (hint - any investment demanding you instantly provide cash is 99.999% likely to be a very bad investment). Yes, romance scams do happen in person, but the pig slaughterers heavily rely on never revealing themselves in person.

Not all hope is lost. The number of arrests and asset siezures involving pig slaughter scams is growing fast. Multiple governments are taking more and more aggressive actions against these scammers. Every scrap of information could be valuable, so your next tasks are to:

1. Gather your evidence. Make copies of all emails (and headers). Get screenshots of everything you still have access to (ESPECIALLY anything involving moving money to the scammers.

2. Report this to ANY and EVERY regulator and police agency that might be interested. For Canada, your provincial securities commission and the RCMP is a good place to start. But there are more agencies that will be happy to add your info to the pile. Every country you can link to the scammers, plus the USA collects and shares data on scams (and has a special interest in scams involving crypto). Go here and you'll find a links and also step-by-step instructions on how to file with a number of agencies:

Don't be afraid of the number of reports. Once you've done a couple of them, it gets faster and easier with each new one.

Please come back and post an update when you're done.
Oh dear lord. If only I had known more about this scam. Since I posted this I've been researching the 'pig butchering scam' and you are absolutely right.

I only vaguely knew the details but thought it was limited to those random messages from cute looking East Asian girls asking if this is still Karen's number etc.

While my scammers were a little more unique and hard working...in the end, this has played out exactly like the standard pig slaughter from a written script.

You're also right about the site.
It looks like my posting has likely tipped off the scammers.
I can no longer access the site but I can access their chat support.

Basically they're now saying this program is invite only and my account has been denied access until I complete the 'verification fee'

Hi everyone.

I wanted to share my story. Never in a million years could I have imagined getting into this situation but here I am.

I want to start with having gone through a difficult period in my life where my fiancee left me and the country entirely. Clearly I was not in the right mindset and was not ready to test that market again.

I connected with a woman on a dating app. She was not entirely fake because we did many video calls and had prepared some plans to meet this month. I know of these scams, and it's usually a dude but this woman is a real woman.

Anyways, I take an interest in crypto mining and investing so we got into talking. She explained she makes good money off NFT collections from this website called www. flymeta .pro

I was skeptical but I thought why not. Let's put a little money in and see what happens.

It started out great!

The way it works is you connect your trustwallet with the flymeta system and you can 'collect' NFTs of your choice for 12 hour periods. So long as you have the amount of USDTthat the NFT is apparently worth.

The artists give interest - apparently this makes their work more visible before being released on OpenSea.

Everything was well. I was collecting small profits even doing a small deposit in my bank.

Then this woman suggested I can get a loan interest free from flymeta. 10k USDT.
I wasn't really comfortable but the amount I could earn on interest I will make it back quickly. I already had enough of a taste that my greed kicked in and my rationality was gone.

Enter the worst decision I ever made in my life.

I was deceived about how this loan works but I paid it off about 1 quarter at a time over a 2-3 week period.

Great. Now I want to take my money out.

When you are doing the loan, all of your funds go from trust wallet into the 'flymeta system balance'. You cannot withdraw until the loan is complete. My request was declined because I discovered I now must pay tax on the amount.

This wasn't huge, but an annoyance.
I paid off the tax and support advised that I can withdraw at will. The company claims to be in NY and they abide by NY state tax laws. (BS)

Fantastic! I see my withdrawal was approved. Keep in mind, this is now a very large sum of USDT.

withdrawals typically take 24 hours - even though mine was approved nothing was happening.

Support now advised that my withdrawal is currently held in the blockchain 'risk control'. I have to prepare a 'verification fee' of 20 per cent.

At this point. I was in full panic but still in denial of what is happening.

I prepared about half the amount and asked, could they give an exception for what I have? Nothing happened but they came back and advised it failed.

The next day I prepared more USDT, as much as I could in 1 day and I was still about 16 USDT short for this 'fee'.

I asked again, will this be OK. I said in advance I am short about 16 USDT. They said they will check for me.

To my shock. This time, the USDT moved from my wallet to the 'system balance' and then they told me that verification failed.

At this point I am in full panic. Cannot sleep, zero appetite.
The woman I talked with said she would loan me out about half the amount.
I moved all my remaining crypto assets into USDT to cover the rest.

This woman suddenly disappeared while I was waiting for her to send the remainder. I did not hear from her until the next day. Sadly, within a few hours my TrustWallet was EMPTY.

the scammers withdrew from my wallet and claimed that I requested the verification process when I did not.

Any time I try to contact support all they really say is this:

Hello! Dear user, we are doing this based on the requirements of our blockchain system. If you cannot complete the verification, your funds will always be in the blockchain. For the safety of your funds, please complete the verification in your wallet as soon as possible. Prepare the corresponding amount of USDT and contact us again for processing

At this point I have lost over 20k CAD.
almost half of the amount lost was my desperate attempt to follow their Ransom requests.

Please have some empathy - I know I'm an absolute moron.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I've almost come to terms with the fact this money will never be returned to me.

Please everyone. If it sounds too good to be true, it's too good to be true.
This scam is called Pig Butchering and the scammers are criminal Chinese in Cambodia, Myanmar and Laos. Asking victims to pay fees and taxes is part of the scam to steal more money from you. Please provide the website they are using so we can do more research. DO NOT pay any more fees, taxes, etc. and DO NOT hire a recovery company because they are also scammers.

This scam is called Pig Butchering and the scammers are criminal Chinese in Cambodia, Myanmar and Laos. Asking victims to pay fees and taxes is part of the scam to steal more money from you. Please provide the website they are using so we can do more research. DO NOT pay any more fees, taxes, etc. and DO NOT hire a recovery company because they are also scammers.
Hi Punisher.

This scam was a little different as the woman I was communicating with was Ukrainian and wasn't just stealing social media pictures from a Chinese celebrity.

She was definitely putting in more effort than the standard pig butcher scam - however; in the end the play book was identical.

The website was www.flymeta.pro

As Pharoah pointed out, it seems to have been taken down already.

I can't access the site but I can still connect with their support team.
Even the name on their support is different now.

Hi Punisher.

This scam was a little different as the woman I was communicating with was Ukrainian and wasn't just stealing social media pictures from a Chinese celebrity.

She was definitely putting in more effort than the standard pig butcher scam - however; in the end the play book was identical.

The website was www.flymeta.pro

As Pharoah pointed out, it seems to have been taken down already.

I can't access the site but I can still connect with their support team.
Even the name on their support is different now.
The website was just setup on August 25th and the server still responds when the IP is pinged!

1699391796590.png

1699391848205.png

Good to know! I found this on reddit also someone did that search - I CANNOT believe I did not inspect the server/domain information BEFORE any of this.

Back