• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Problem I can't withdraw my money from UOBE FX

I am having an issue with a company

rileypot26

Recruit
I met a guy on Tinder who introduced me to cryptocurrency. I have always been interested on crypto and so I was engaged when he told me he could teach me how to trade. He taught me how to setup the account in crypto.com and asked me to install Ubsarov FX6 from the Apple store and search UOBE FX in the platform (www.uobe-fx.com/pc/#/layout). After that, he asked me to put in a small amount of 500 USDT just to start off, and then it earned 100 USDT after the trade. I got amazed by how it works so I add another 400 USDT and it earned again. He then asked me to increase my fund to 3,000-5,000 USDT. He kept pushing me saying that he has a strategy and the opportunity is right. We need to invest more in order to maximise the profit. And so he proposed that I increase my fund to 2,000 USDT and he lent me 1,000 USDT. It was a long position and it took a few minutes until my 3,000 USDT became roughly 32,000 USDT.

When I was trying to withdraw the money, it was returning back to my account. When I asked the customer service, they said that the system detected that I have earned 32,991 USDT and I have to pay for international capital gains tax of 8,247.75. I got suspicious at first because why would I pay taxes in the platform? But then, I only got 72 hours to settle the amount and the guy was also convincing me to pay so I paid. When I was trying to withdraw, the customer service said that I was suspected to be part of money laundering because of a transfer of third party which was from the guy and I have to pay 6,800 USDT of security deposit to prove that I'm innocent. After that, I was asked to pay for security certificate of 6,200 USDT and platinum membership of 4,800 USDT. I know I was so foolish but the guy was so convincing as he was explaining everything to me and said that all of these will be returned to my account. When I finally got to the withdrawal, they said there is a ranking and it's now asking me for a fee of 8,800 to be a priority but I have nothing to pay. I was so desperate to get all the money back so I didn't think that I was being scammed until I found out that the photos the guy is using appears to be someone else as I saw the real profile in Instagram, so I blocked him on Whatsapp. I saved a screenshot of all of my transactions in the platform and all deposits made from crypto.com. I haven't reported anything yet as I do not know where. I'm trying to do it https://reporting.actionfraud.police.uk/login but when I was submitting the report, it didn't come through.

I met a guy on Tinder who introduced me to cryptocurrency. I have always been interested on crypto and so I was engaged when he told me he could teach me how to trade.
I was so desperate to get all the money back so I didn't think that I was being scammed until I found out that the photos the guy is using appears to be someone else as I saw the real profile in Instagram, so I blocked him on Whatsapp.
-> Can you please post screenshots of all of this?

-> Please also leave a review of your experience here:

-> Also, if there were other websites, please list them.

. I know I was so foolish but the guy was so convincing as he was explaining everything to me and said that all of these will be returned to my account. When I finally got to the withdrawal, they said there is a ranking and it's now asking me for a fee of 8,800 to be a priority but I have nothing to pay. I was so desperate to get all the money back so I didn't think that I was being scammed until....

-> Classic variant of the pig butchering con. Read more here:

and also here:

I met a guy on Tinder who introduced me to cryptocurrency. I have always been interested on crypto and so I was engaged when he told me he could teach me how to trade. He taught me how to setup the account in crypto.com and asked me to install Ubsarov FX6 from the Apple store and search UOBE FX in the platform (www.uobe-fx.com/pc/#/layout). After that, he asked me to put in a small amount of 500 USDT just to start off, and then it earned 100 USDT after the trade. I got amazed by how it works so I add another 400 USDT and it earned again. He then asked me to increase my fund to 3,000-5,000 USDT. He kept pushing me saying that he has a strategy and the opportunity is right. We need to invest more in order to maximise the profit. And so he proposed that I increase my fund to 2,000 USDT and he lent me 1,000 USDT. It was a long position and it took a few minutes until my 3,000 USDT became roughly 32,000 USDT.

When I was trying to withdraw the money, it was returning back to my account. When I asked the customer service, they said that the system detected that I have earned 32,991 USDT and I have to pay for international capital gains tax of 8,247.75. I got suspicious at first because why would I pay taxes in the platform? But then, I only got 72 hours to settle the amount and the guy was also convincing me to pay so I paid. When I was trying to withdraw, the customer service said that I was suspected to be part of money laundering because of a transfer of third party which was from the guy and I have to pay 6,800 USDT of security deposit to prove that I'm innocent. After that, I was asked to pay for security certificate of 6,200 USDT and platinum membership of 4,800 USDT. I know I was so foolish but the guy was so convincing as he was explaining everything to me and said that all of these will be returned to my account. When I finally got to the withdrawal, they said there is a ranking and it's now asking me for a fee of 8,800 to be a priority but I have nothing to pay. I was so desperate to get all the money back so I didn't think that I was being scammed until I found out that the photos the guy is using appears to be someone else as I saw the real profile in Instagram, so I blocked him on Whatsapp. I saved a screenshot of all of my transactions in the platform and all deposits made from crypto.com. I haven't reported anything yet as I do not know where. I'm trying to do it https://reporting.actionfraud.police.uk/login but when I was submitting the report, it didn't come through.
There are NO international capital gains taxes and an investor, not the investment company, is 100% responsible to report income from investments and pay taxes on investment income. Asking victims to pay taxes is part of the scam to steal more money from you. Also stating your account has been identified as money laundering is also part of their scam. Any money they lend to you is fake and the app you used is completely controlled by them. In fact, many apps they have you download has malware and they can steal your contacts and other information. Take screen shots of everything to document this crime including all conversations, the app, all trades, account balances, their website (eventually they will shut if off, and anything else that may be useful.

Your scam is called Pig Butchering and you can google this term to read a lot of news articles about it. The Tinder profile was fake, the individual you talked to used a fake picture, likely a VOIP number, the website is purely for scamming, the coins you bought probably aren't even real, etc. Most of these scams are ran by Chinese criminals in Cambodia, Laos and Myanmar.

What country are you from so we can advise where to start reporting this crime.

Last edited:
There are NO international capital gains taxes and an investor, not the investment company, is 100% responsible to report income from investments and pay taxes on investment income. Asking victims to pay taxes is part of the scam to steal more money from you. Also stating your account has been identified as money laundering is also part of their scam. Any money they lend to you is fake and the app you used is completely controlled by them. In fact, many apps they have you download has malware and they can steal your contacts and other information. Take screen shots of everything to document this crime including all conversations, the app, all trades, account balances, their website (eventually they will shut if off, and anything else that may be useful.

Your scam is called Pig Butchering and you can google this term to read a lot of news articles about it. The Tinder profile was fake, the individual you talked to used a fake picture, likely a VOIP number, the website is purely for scamming, the coins you bought probably aren't even real, etc. Most of these scams are ran by Chinese criminals in Cambodia, Laos and Myanmar.

What country are you from so we can advise where to start reporting this crime.
Thank you for the information. Wish I had known this earlier. I live in the UK and was able to file a complaint with the FCA and Action Fraud already but they haven't responded yet.

Thank you for the information. Wish I had known this earlier. I live in the UK and was able to file a complaint with the FCA and Action Fraud already but they haven't responded yet.
You can also file an IC3 with the FBI (yes they accept forms from EU citizens).

His name is Michael Lim, isnt it ?

Back